UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates

JoeyCrypts

So i recently picked up the lego series of games for my PS3. First Star Wars, then Indianna Jones and Batman, and now there annoucning Harry Potter. but as much as i love them and lego, what i would really want to see would be a minimates game. i came up with these i deas for games

Marvel Minimates: Battle Ground

Minimate vs Minimate battles simliar to Super Smash Brawl. every comic minimate up to a certain point wave 30 say. ovbiuously spider-man would have a bout twenty different skins but its just an idea.

DC Minimates: Battle Crisis

same idea as above but based on the C3/DC minimates. you could even do a C3 Miniflyer battle Level

Star Trek: Minimates

this would basically be a rip off of the lego games. 6 levels per series based on classic episodes like Arena, Balance of Terror, Best of Both Worlds, Seige of AR558. possible do this has two sepearte games. With Enterprise, TOS and TOS Movies on one game, and then the second TNG, TNG Movies, DS9 and VOY on the other. you can have a mix of run around fix problems levels, and then space battle levels

Battlestar Gallatica: Minimates

again similar idea to the above, based on the best episodes. im not familiar with the classic series but again you could do a classic version and a modern version or a modern version with some classic series levels similar to the young indy levels on the lego indy games.

Minmates Designer

ok this idea is something that you could tie into the other games basically you are given a basic minimate body and a set of extra pieces that you can add on. you also get a paint option so you can draw onto the bodies and any design you want. They could also create downloadable content. Stuff like weapons, chestbuster pieces, hat/hairpieces/helmets so you can create say Movie Iron man or something. Even skins so you can get like a spiderman skin that you can colour in any colour you want. you could then have it so you can load the mates you create into the games.

Just an idea for some games what do people think and what are there ideas for games,

I remember there used to be another boardie here who had a similar idea to put 'mates in video games... can't remember who but if I ever played video games then Minimate-centered ones would be fun.

I'd probably want to see something like a Minimate version of The Sims, or one of those epic-style RPGs. Heck, I bet you can pull off a regular tabletop RPG with Minimates easily, that would be even funner :D

Oh yeah, a crossover video game would pretty much epitomize the best part about Minimates... Spider-Man, Batman, the Terminator AND Clint Eastwood taking on an army of Cylons? Hells yeah! :P

Oh, and didn't someone here actually manage to complete a Minimate Punisher video game? I'll see if I can find the thread...

Brawl is an embarrassment to fighting games

it was just an example of the fighting style game i had in mind, also it was a great game, although it was onyl a slight improvement on melee

I'd probably want to see something like a Minimate version of The Sims, or one of those epic-style RPGs. Heck, I bet you can pull off a regular tabletop RPG with Minimates easily, that would be even funner :D

the Minimate designer idea was inspired by the create a wrestler feature on wrestling games. and the create a character on the lego star wars game. i was thinking it would be better as a separate game so

1. you can design your own and upload them to your games but also have loads of extra stuff like skins that wouldn't be possible to put onto a marvel game like a superman skin, and

2. AA/ DST could use them as a submission type program where fans can design there own mates and submit them to AA/DST. A side thing could be that you can design on based on your self which they could create and send to you(i can dream) for a fee obviously