UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Michaels Finds

I was at Michaels Craft Store a few days ago, and found a few items that would be useful to Minimate collectors:

$1.99 Darice Plastic Boxes with 1-6 compartments; I used to buy them when they were $0.99, and use them to hold my Star Trek Minimates. You just lay them out in the compartments, along with the acessories.

$1.99-$2.09 gets you 17-compartment plastic boxes; I bought 3 of these to hold various Minimates, Palz and Kubriks, but you will have to put figures into a "sitting" position.

$1.00 miniature wood cars; a few can hold a Minimate, you may have to remove the steering wheel in some cases.

$1.00 paintable wood miniatures, such as furniture, boats, cars, etc. Some could be used with minimates, others are better for 4" action figures.

$4.99 for a 4-pack wood sheets of dollhouse furniture, designed for 6-year olds and up; just punch out, assemble, and paint. There are about 36 or more different pieces of furniture in the set.

$7.99 will buy you the 6-sheet wood dollhouse kit that you can put the dollhouse furniture into. It is also designed for kids to assemble and paint fairly easily.

My brother saw a foam sheet kit for a treehouse that might hold a Minimate, as well as a 4-room house kit.

Thanks for the heads up. While I don't have a Michaels in my town I think there was one when I was a kid.

Reardless, it's hip of you to post about these finds. I need to look into a few more boxes to hold my mates and this is a good reminder as any to get offa my rear and go lookin.