UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I just want to take this opportunity to clear up a possible misconscetption some of you may have of me.

I am not a store.

I am not a retailer.

What I am is an insane pack rat collector. I have a disgusting amount of stuff in my collection. However I know what my disease is so I am constantly trying to get rid of stuff - I am literally drowning in toys. So for my sanity and for my gf's sanity - a lot more as to go.

This is why you see I always have so much listed on eBay. Believe it or not 99.9% of that stuff is either out of my personal collection or out of Jaycen's.

When you see that I am selling carded Minimates, it usually means I had to buy a case from my local comic book store so I can get the set I want for myself.

I hope this clears up a little who I am.

If you have any questions - like how it feels like not to remember if you own or owned a certain toy, feel free to leave them here.

And don't be like me - try to collect sanely.

I really thought you were a dealer/retailer. You must have one HUGE closet! ;)

I didn't know you were such a Star Wars fan, either. I could have used your help during last years Gentle Giant Clone Trooper Commanders debacle...

Those Clone Commander busts were a disaster. For the longest time I thought I would never get that Japanese one but I was lucky enough to get one of the matching sets.

I huge into Joes, even huger into Star Wars. When I say I collect these two lines - I need to be clear - especially with SW - I REALLY collect these lines.

I also collect Indiana Jones, Planet of the Apes Megos, Alien stuff, Predator stuff, BSG, Stargate, a very few Transformers, Battle Beasts, and a little of these and little of those - see what I mean?

I grew up as a country kid in WI and IL. I now live in Seattle.

I was in the Marines for five years - aviation ordnance - I spent a lot of time around things that go BOOM!

I went to college and am now a Software Developer for a major bank.

I love Corvettes. I am on my third. It is a 2004 Z06. I love this one's color and it is wicked fast. I love driving this car.

myvette03a.jpg

So between my full time job, my part time job selling on eBay trying to manage my collection, and a gig as the forums admin on YoJoe.com, I hope you can see why I am not always chatty here.

Oh, I forgot I need to pay attention to my live-in gf at some point too. I keep forgetting about her. - kidding

And four cats that always need something.

Typing all of this has made me realize I am insane.

Yep, that's my boy. And yep, he's been selling my collection of toys I left in Seattle when I moved to New York at the end of 2006. My collection was really insane as well. But over the years it dwindled with each address change. Now the majority of it has been sold and the rest is in the process of being sold by my bestest friend. Thank you Nick.

I, of course, have a ever growing collection here in New York as well. So from time to time you will see me parting with things. I just completed a huge exodus of Transformers, Minimates, etc. It felt great getting this stuff into other folk's collections. I am moving this week into a new apartment, and the less stuff I have to bring with me the better. You'll probably see a few more gems being listed on eBay this weekend.

Take care,

Jaycen