UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

This is just crazy

These are repros of the old mego style McDonaldland figures from Remco. You can read about them here.

IIRC, I had all of them except Grimace when I was a kid. They were part of the Joker's gang and regularly got beaten down by Superman, Batman, Aquaman and the Hulk. Occasionally Thor or Shazam would come along to lend a hand in the ass kicking. :D

There's actually quite a history behind the characters. Turns out the ad company hired for the McDonaldland concept essentially stole the ideas from HR Puffnstuff. They even went so far as to hire the same voice actors and designers from the show. The Krofts had to sue and the rest is history.

Still, you gotta love Mayor McCheese. I think I might have to pick these up for old times sake. My wife's gonna kill me... ;)

I only remember the Mayor McCheese playground thing. You climb up it and it was like a jail cell or something. Does anyone remember the old McDonalds playgrounds?

The only playground the local McDonalds had was a talking tree, that didn't talk anymore. But when I was vacationing on Keuka Lake, NY, the McDonalds there (in Bath) still had all of the old McDonaldland stuff up. I have no idea how those things weren't frightening for children. The character designs were just plain creepy.

• 3 weeks later...