UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Superhero Logos

So, I thought I'd post this up in the Customs Section since this has to do with an UPCOMING custom of mine. I was wondering if anyone knows of a site that has superhero logos on it.

Help much appreciated!!

Glomit

I can't think of any one website that features all the logos of all the heroes and teams. Your best bet is to either visit an official site for each comic book maker (DC, Marvel, etc), an un-official website for the comic maker, or worst case scenario settle for a team by team google search. But, I got a bit of your legwork done for you, so here's some to get you started:

MARVEL

Avengers

avengers.gif

Fantastic Four

fantasticfour.jpg

X-Men

xmen.gif

DC

Justice League

justiceleague.jpg

Teen Titans

teentitans.jpg

Section 8

section8.jpg

Thanks, drgnbrn! Just wondering, where did you get these logos?

Glomit

Thanks, drgnbrn! Just wondering, where did you get these logos?

Glomit

Just random spots on Google. Do an image search for "<team name> logo" and you should find similar results. Some of the more common names like Defenders and Champions are going to be tough though.

Hey drgnbrn,

Okay, two questions: Is spray paint good for Minimate plastic and which is better, Milliput or Sculpy?

Thanks! :)

Glomit

Both of those questions are matter of opinion. If you're using a spray paint intended for models, such as Testors, then you should be alright, though I wouldn't recommend trying to use it for minute detail. An alternative to spray paint would be an airbrush kit, which does offer a bit more towards details, etc.

As for Sculpey vs. Milliput, that all depends on your other resources. Sculpey is a one-part putty that you have to bake (or possibly boil) to harden it. It takes the right amount of time on the right temp to get your parts hardened. My biggest complaint about Sculpey is just how sticky and soft it is in the original state. There's been a few times where I sculpted something for a figure, then accidentally touched it and ruined the work. Milliput is a two part epoxy that is mixed and sculpted before allowing it to dry and harden. I prefer this better, as it gives me time to work, but doesn't require the fine touch of curing Sculpey. If you ask any customizer up here, each of them will have a preference and their own tips and tricks of the trade. The general concensus is that if you're building off of an existing part, Milliput is best, but if you're making something from scratch, Sculpey is king.

One final thing. As I said before, everyone here has their own preferences and their own tricks of the trade. I'd say, when getting started, go with what is readily available to you. Practice with that until you get a good feel for what you're doing, then start to expand your skills by finding the material that works best for you.

Just thought I should post a link to this site. It has quite an extensive array of superhero logos that I hope come in handy for some. :) This was actually the site where I got my avatar in the first place, I just couldn't find it again.

Glomit