UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Mighty Avengers #1

Jason

It was okay. The thought balloons were funny at first but then started to annoy me. Bendis does love his balloons. Still, it's a promising start and I do enjoy reading superheroes that take the piss out of each other.

It was pretty good read, as long as the thought-balloon schtick doesn't stay around. I'm still pretty darn pissed at Iron Man though. Must admit the latest version of Ultron certainly caught my eye. heh

So, is the New Avengers book canceled then?

New Avengers is still ongoing. It will be the team with Wolverine, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, and someone else.

I thought Mighty Avengers was pretty cool. In Wizard it said you should look out for Ant-Man in the issue...he must be drawn in the background or something because I couldn't find him.

I believe the "someone else" is Dr. Strange in New Avengers. Bendis has said that he's continuing to write both, and that both series will sometimes cross paths, and show the same stuff from different perspectives.

I really enjoyed Mighty Avengers. I like the team they set up and the personality differences. It should be a pretty fun book.

I believe the "someone else" is Dr. Strange in New Avengers. Bendis has said that he's continuing to write both, and that both series will sometimes cross paths, and show the same stuff from different perspectives.

I really enjoyed Mighty Avengers. I like the team they set up and the personality differences. It should be a pretty fun book.

Your correct. I read my Wizard last night and I still forgot. Oh yeah Iron Fist will be on the team too. Luke Cage and Iron Fist back together

Echo and Ronin are also on New Avengers... I think. It's been awhile since I read the issue, but they were definately there on the mission... Who's the new Ronin?

Mighty Avengers was alright... The thought balloons were really distracting, but BMB does what he does. And he does it well... I'll stick around for a few issues to see if I get sucked into this book. Probably as soon as Cho leaves, I'm done, though...

^^^ This is very true. Well, Carol Danvers (whatever she's calling herself these days), at least. ;)

*checks schedule* I think she's supposed to be Ms. Marvel all throughout 2007, followed by Warbird, Binary, Captain Marvel, Captain Planet, Marvel Girl, then finally, Super Gal.

• 1 month later...