3 replies to this topic

#1 Chazwinski

Chazwinski

Mini-Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:36 PM

Just thought I'd share some pics. I really love this ship... I'm thinking of having the crew help in a Minimate exodus.
Attached File  ImperialFlagship.JPG   195.16K   32 downloadsAttached File  Aft.JPG   143.27K   11 downloads

The set comes with Brickbeard, who looks like he's been through the ringer. You can shackle him and throw him in the rat-infested brig.
Attached File  PiratePrisoner.JPG   126.96K   15 downloadsAttached File  Brickbeard.JPG   62.74K   6 downloads

A lot of people have complained that the ship only comes with 4 cannons instead of eight, but what they fail to realize is that there needs to be room to pull the cannon back and reload:
Attached File  CannonLoad.JPG   76.51K   6 downloadsAttached File  Cannonwork.JPG   117.47K   11 downloads

Very cool galley
Attached File  Cooking.JPG   73.65K   8 downloads

The Captain's deck and cabin interior are my favorite parts of the ship!
Attached File  CabinInterior.JPG   79.1K   5 downloadsAttached File  CabinInterior2.JPG   134.68K   5 downloadsAttached File  Telescope.JPG   78.25K   3 downloads
Attached File  Captaindeck.JPG   92.31K   4 downloads

This thing is TALL, Don't fall from the crow's nest, please.
Attached File  CrowsNest.JPG   47.47K   13 downloads

#2 Danny

Danny

Occasional visitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:28 AM

Nice pics, it certainly is a gorgeous ship. My growing Lego addiction still doesn't permit me to spend that much on one set... yet :D
Come see the all-new, all-different Minimates Central!

#3 Chazwinski

Chazwinski

Mini-Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:36 AM

I had "buyer's remorse" shortly after I ordered it, but once I got it in person, that went away. It's one of the coolest things I ever put together. Lately I'd been complaining that a lot of the minimate releases were characters I already had. I guess I should stop whining, because I wouldn't have been able to get this if a ton of new minimates I wanted came out. I'd like to use this in some kind of minimate storyline, someday. Like I did with Jabba's Sail Barge a while back.
Anyway, I'll say that I'm happy with the purchase. It was SO fun to build! :biggrin:

#4 HRGMann

HRGMann

The Whitest Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:54 AM

This is a spectacular set. The playability is a bit limited, as the front of monie tends to fall off if not handled carefully. Otherwise, it's great. I've got mine on a shelf at work, and I added a few extra soldiers from some of the other pirate sets.

My obsession lately has become a lego town. I was bale to buy the Fire Brigade and Emporium earlier this year, and recently put assembeld the Green Grocer by downloading the instructions and ordering the pieces from various sellers. Next up is the Grand Carousel, but I don't really care for the horses on that, so that one I'll likely modify from the plan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users