UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Demo Station

neolego

INTRO

I just started a thread for News, but I also wanted to start a thread for Demos. There are so many ways to play Demos now, I'm sure all of us do, so I thought it would be nice to have a uniformed place we can discuss them. So, if you've downloaded a Demo on your PS3/Xbox 360 or from a Demo Station on your DS or just played a store Demo feel free to post your thoughts and impressions!

I just got back from Toys R Us on my lunch. I went looking for a Stuffed Wall-e (for my daughter, long story), but couldn't find one. I then went over to the R-Zone just to check out sales and such and guess what I found? A Demo Station for Guitar Hero: On Tour for the DS. Now, I had heard they were going to have a Demo up, but I completely forgot until I saw it. I will say that I was already completely stoked for this game, I've already researved it. But, being there and having some time to kill I couldn't pass the chance to play. So I walk over and they have the DS Book Style with the Guitar Grip in the DS Lite and then Locked to a station. I knew that playing with the Guitar Grip was going to be awkward at first, but I can say it's even more awkward with a metal arm attached and limited mobility. However, after I found a fairly comfortable position I picked up the Pick Stylus and went to work. I chose Quick Play and some random Rock guy. I chose the Les Paul Guitar and "All the Small Things". First impression was, WOW, the game looks GREAT! I would say the graphics are as good as the Wii Guitar Hero. I was so suprised how well the game looked. But, in the end, that doesn't matter much if the game doesn't play good. Good news is, it does. It plays just like Guitar Hero, just like you'd expect. I played my first song on Medium and got 98%. I played several others, one on Hard and never failed. of course, these are the opening 5 songs so I don't expect the difficulty to be through the roof, but I hope there is some more challenge down the road. So, if you like Guitar Hero and own a DS you need to get this game, it's really cool. And, if you love Guitar Hero and don't own a DS, than get a DS and then buy this game (of get the bundle package), you won't regret getting the DS or the Game. neo