UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Can someone point me in a good direction for part replacement help?

I'm sorry to make up a brand new thread for this, because I'm 100% positive I'm not the first person whose had a part issue, but I'm kinda at the end of my rope, so I hope you won't be too hard on me... :unsure:

Anyway, I had the unfortunate problem of having not just 1, but 2, of the indymates in my set, Dawn and Witchblade, come with 2 right arms, instead of left arms, resulting in their left elbows bending the wrong way... and I'm sure it was factory error, not tampering, because the Witchblade still has the paint apps for her left arm on the piece... it's just not a left arm... the elbey-bone don't bend rightways...

Normally, like anyone, my first instinct would have been to take them back to the retailer for an exhcange, however, I happened to buy them from a con vendor the last day of Wizard World Chicago '06, and didn't realize that they had a problem until I got them home later that day and opened them... thus... the con was closed... and I had no place to return them too. :confused:

So, immediately after the con, I tried e-mailing art asylum and diamond select to see if there was anything either of them could do about it. I never got a response, and eventually the issue just kindof faded from my mind...

But recently, it resurfaced, when I was reading an FAQ with Chuck, and he mentioned one could bring part issues to their attention, and they would do their best to solve them. I've heard him say similar things in the past, and actually, at Wizard World '04 (I live 15 min away, I go every year), I bought a Gamma Hulk & Leader set from diamond's booth, and upon opening it discovered Hulk had no hair piece. I went back to the booth later that day, and the man there (maybe it was Chuck for all I know, I don't know what he looks like, but I see this guy there every year) was more than happy to pop the hair off one of their display figures and hand it too me, with no complaint, which made me very happy and relieved with diamond. :biggrin:

However, in the FAQs, Chuck gave no real specific... avenue, in which to register... problems... and it's not like my Hulk problem, where I can just waltz up to the Con booth at any time I want now. (At least not until August...) And as I said, I tried generic customer support e-mails from both websites back in August, and never got a response.

So I figured I'd see if anyone here could help point me in a better direction... who can I contact to see about getting some left arms for these mini-girls?

Is there a more specific e-mail I could write to? Anyone got Chuck's phone number? (Heh)

Short of buying a whole new set on ebay (which I really dont want to do for 2 arms) I don't really know what to do about this... :confused:

Your arm problem isn't exactly unheard of. I've had several mates feature either two of the same arm or part of a wrong arm. All I can suggest about how to solve your problem is to keep contacting DST. I've contacted them in the past and gotten through right away, so its possible that your previous attempt at contact was a fluke (or my successful attempt was a fluke, but let's try to stay positive. :biggrin: )

However, given the age of that particular boxed set, its entirely possible that they have no spare parts to give for the afflicted arms. That seems to be the case for most things outside of the common figures of each wave.

Tell me which arms are afflicted and I'll dig through my parts bin to see if I have any spares to send your way.

Tell me which arms are afflicted and I'll dig through my parts bin to see if I have any spares to send your way.

As I said, my Dawn and my Witchblade each have two right arms... so I need a left arm for each of them. Dawn's is just plain red, but Witchblade's has the witchbladey armor paint apps on it.

Don't need the hands, or the armor, or the accesories though, just the arm, so I can get their elbows swinging the right way.

Thanks for your help, btw, and thanks for lookin'.

Gillbob316,

My son recently lost the right hand to a "downloaded" cylon from the Suncoast/FYE exclusive cylon 5-pack. Shanester got me in contact with dstchuck (via PMs). dstchuck let the people at DST customer service know to be on the lookout for my email pleading for a replacement right hand. Then I received an email from Chris Myers (from DST marketing) saying he'd be sending me a replacement in the mail right away. A few days later, there's a new "downloaded" cylon in my mailbox.

You can try PMing dstchuck and asking him for assistance. At least see what he can suggest.

Alternately, you can always do what I had to do with one of my classic cylons. One had two left arms. I just slightly trimmed the sharp angular part of the elbow on both the upper and lower arm pieces to let the arm bend the appropriate direction. Yes, it can still bend backwards, but the amount of trimming is nigh undetectable. Those arms were black. Dawn is solid red as I recall, so the trimming shouldn't look too wierd. I'm not sure about Witchblade. I seem to recall that the base color was grey with flesh colored paint apps but I could be wrong. Trimming might not be too noticeable - it might just look like part of the armor. Anyway, it may be worth a shot.

Good luck!

jawfin

I would suggest you're going to have to go back to the store you bought them from Romeo.

It might be worth contacting DST but I can't see them sending out 5 brand new cylons without some kind of proof. To be honest I was very surprised that DST replaced the Downloaded Cylon considering they're sold out. They certainly didn't do that with my Raft Sentry or my Stealth Cylon :(