UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The "other" New License

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean do you see Lego making "Tony the Tiger's Mansion" playset? B) :deathstroke:

No, but Kubrick has. Well, okay, no playset, but three series of figures, so it's working for them on some level. Compared to, um, four Marvel series?

Taken in conjunction with the blind-boxed Street Fighter minis, mayhaps AA is working hard to break into the Asian market. If successful, can you imagine what that might mean for our favorite block figure?

I'm bursting for a Count Chockula, BooBerry, FrankenBerry and whatever the Tutti-Frutti Wolf was! I'm gonna be the first kid on my block to get one! :P

Count me in on the Count Chockula set!

SO, one other question: does this mean the official AA Forum had breaking news? Or does the fact that it's still officially just rumor not count?

I'd buy cereal mates before I'd buy BSG, and I'm a fan of the BSG tv show. They are just something cool you can put in your office and peope know what they are without any sort of explanation. Besides cereal characters are a lot more visually grabbing than a bunch of guys in uniform with a few different hair pieces/faces.

I personally hope they are sold in a 10 pack of little ceral boxes. Just like variety packs I used to get as a kid.

Thanks Reideen1313 couldn't remember who those last two were. Maybe I was distracted by TM2 Dinobot's dancing girl! :P

Quentin Tarantino is rumored to be a nostalgic collector of old cereal boxes, maybe this line is for him and other people with way too much money to spend?! ;)

Here's hoping for a StayPuff Masrhmallow MaxiMate! :lol:

Sounds fun, but it doesn't totally 'feel' right.

Going against it are the choking hazard issue, the Kubricks already having been imported, and the audience that might be aimed for.

I could see these in the mass-market (like in cereal boxes or by some similar offer), but with all the safety issues involved, I can't see it happening as regular minimates (maybe if they were fixed-pose ala maximates).

Going to the direct market would solve most problems, and could be viable. Sure these mascots are recognizeable, even iconic, but are they a 'hot' property? Not really. But if they find their way into Hot Topic stores, they will sell ;)

Thanks Reideen1313 couldn't remember who those last two were. Maybe I was distracted by TM2 Dinobot's dancing girl! :P

Quentin Tarantino is rumored to be a nostalgic collector of old cereal boxes, maybe this line is for him and other people with way too much money to spend?! ;)

Here's hoping for a StayPuff Masrhmallow MaxiMate! :lol:

Oh good, someone noticed. :D

Getting around the saftey laws... isn't it "has to be too big to swallow or to small to choke when swallowed" or soemthing like that? Meaning they may get around it. The hands and feet are small enough but the torse if too big. Also, who knows what kind of remolding will happen with these.

BTW, there is a HUGE demand for any Count Chocula and Co. toys. I've read several letters to ToyFare about it, as well as Robot Chicken. And every time the bobble heads are on ebay, they go for lots of money. *shrug*

Yeah. Anyway...

I wonder what happened to the pics we were supposed to see this week?

Morpheus

Global Moderator

Aisle Nomad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha! I guess you all know already because there is no way my obscure hint would have gotten you guys so close.

OK so you know - we'll drop images next week for you all.

(from the AA forums)

Yeah. Anyway...

I wonder what happened to the pics we were supposed to see this week?

Morpheus

Global Moderator

Aisle Nomad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha! I guess you all know already because there is no way my obscure hint would have gotten you guys so close.

OK so you know - we'll drop images next week for you all.

(from the AA forums)

AA Forums fail to deliver on their promises.

Colour me shocked.

:rolleyes:

(Ive been throing up for two days, havent slept and am grumpy... can you tell?)

What?! Am I hearing correctly?! AA promises made on their "official" site, that go unfulfilled?!

I just won't believe it! Sounds like unfounded dissention to me.

What boobs...