UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

cleaning up the want have thread

noticing alot of old posts and some members who have more than 1 post and was wondering if it might get cleaned up.

as most people know/do please delete your old list when updating a new one.

here are some that need to be fixed:

DARKKRISP page 1 and 4

GROUCH page 2 and 4

THEBATMAN312 Pages 2,3 and two on 4

LASTMAXIMAL pages 3,4 and 5

MINIMATESESPO25 pages 3 and 5

ur right the want have tread needs alotta cleaning up.

maybe the big bosses here need to look trough who havent been online long time(who probebly left) and delete those post

We've cleaned it up in the past and then had members come back and complain their post has disappeared.

Ironically I was looking through want/haves the other day and merged a few posts together but obviously missed the ones Mattallica refers to. Mea Culpa.

Cleaned up, please continue to report any repeated lists or double/treble posts.

While we're on the subject, could members please refrain from the practice of 'bumping' their lists without actually updating them. No one members list is more important than anothers. Being the last list on the page is not the be all and end all of the want/have section.

It's likely that if people persist then those lists will be deleted by moderators, and the member will have to type their list out again from scratch. You don't want the hassle, neither do we.

Cheers.

Rad,

How about merging LastMaximal's last post with his others. He didn't get the memo about double posting.

Edit: Actually he has at least 3.

Yep

Posts #94 and #81 both on page 5

Post #62 on page 4

Are they still there Webhead? I thought I'd cleared them out.

At the risk of soundling like advocating harsh measures... wouldn't the H/W thread benefit from a reboot?

Perhaps give everyone a week to cut and paste their lists somewhere safe then nuke it and restart from scratch?

That way the older(dead) posts will be gone and only those that are relevent will regrow?

It would save Rad a lot of 'tinkering time' editing or removing posts that are no longer relevant and if someone still has wants/haves needs then they can easily repost them?

Just a thought...

T.

I was considering a requirement that W/H lists have an "updated XX/XX/XX" label. This way anything that is seriously old can be easily overlooked and possibly culled. Plus, interested parties don't waste their time chasing trades that aren't going to happen because of outdated lists or inactive members. Thoughts?

^^^ I like the idea Tim, but a lot of the time announcements seem to fall on deaf ears. It'd be bound to bite us on the arse! ;)

Surely if you post in that thread and they are deaf ears then they are not active wants/haves? ;)

And if someone complains then what else can they do but retype their list? it's not like you're stealing their first born child!

T.

^^^ I like the idea Tim, but a lot of the time announcements seem to fall on deaf ears. It'd be bound to bite us on the arse! ;)

Surely if you post in that thread and they are deaf ears then they are not active wants/haves? ;)

And if someone complains then what else can they do but retype their list? it's not like you're stealing their first born child!

T.

You'd be surprised.... Actually no, you probably wouldn't! ;)

I'd quite like to start it again from stratch to be honest, but that could create alot of problems for the mods, which is never a good thing. There's no perfect solution, just try to clean it up, as Matt pointed and Rad did.

I already use a "updated XX/XX/XX" in mine.

I think rebooting is great idea. Seriously if someone bitches because a 6month old want list is gone then they should have kept it current. That old just means they haven't bothered with it and deserve to have it blasted.

what about a PM to everyone that has a post older than 2 months. give them a week if there is no response then they are not an ACTIVE user.

Either that or no one cares about what they have.

well give them at least a month to respond then

I agree with Aapje on this one.... some span of time longer than a week would be courteous, though not so long as to drive the staff out of their minds, or at least not past the outer limits! ^_^

Or something like an auto pm that reminds you when your want/have is more than two months old?

(Is that even feasible? I don't know...)

what about a PM to everyone that has a post older than 2 months. give them a week if there is no response then they are not an ACTIVE user.

Either that or no one cares about what they have.

well give them at least a month to respond then

I agree with Aapje on this one.... some span of time longer than a week would be courteous, though not so long as to drive the staff out of their minds, or at least not past the outer limits! ^_^

Or something like an auto pm that reminds you when your want/have is more than two months old?

(Is that even feasible? I don't know...)

Then I'm going to agree with vbpanizzi :P Seriously though, a week is more than enough time for folks to either respond and update their lists once they've been contacted by someone on the staff ;) Holidays are over and everyone should be back from the holiday breaks. So there's no excuse on why they haven't updated anything and are cluttering up the list. A month is entirely too much time to give someone who should be posting on a regular base anyway. That's my 2 cents though and I've been known to be wrong from time to time :unsure: