UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

More TV minimates!

Kenx

DOCTOR WHO...old and new. Start with the "new"(ish) smash BBC (BBC America/ SciFi Channel) hit and throw-in some specialty-market box-sets like: "Regeneration (with first 4-5 classic incarnations of the Doctor)", "Daleks (with various colors, incarnations, and a Davros)", "Evolution of Cybermen (various incarnations of Cybermen)", etc. What better way to unite minimates with "our brothers across the pond" than by exploiting an extremely successful current show (UK and USA) with a proven cult following in the past, present, and most assuredly future. The idea was thrown out there a while back, and I personally cannot think of a T.V. show that would translate to MM form better. Great show, interesting characters, and GREAT timing.

*P.S. On the topic of "Back to the Future" mates and their corresponding vehicles. I pray that they see production if only for the 1/1,000,000,000th chance(and I'm sure that is a VERY optomistic figure LOL) that a "future car" (which a few may recognize as a modified "Spinner" from the scifi classic movie "Blade Runner") in B2tF 2 is made. I'm really not that interested in BttF 'mates (other than custom fodder) except for the insane dream of equipping my Blade Runner customs (a work in progress) with police Spinners since the license to produce "authentic" Blade Runner merchandise will surely be tied-up in litigation 'til...well, probably forever(damn shame)! I suppose I should just figure-out how to make my own, as the DST BttF line was the "snowball's chance in Hell" for me to get a super-deformed Spinner *sigh*

*P.S.S. Oh, and if not at least granting a rapidly-aging man's childhood-dreams DST, then in the very least let me have my classic (and modern) BSG "mini-flyers" Vipers and Raiders. Please, oh-please *crickets* Thanks!

• 3 months later...

i'd love stargate and diamond already have the rights for them and given the succsess of BSG i would like to think that next year maybe with the release of the staight to dvd movies they might do something.

the line would have a long life What with 10 seasons sg-1 & 3 of atlantis and they could do what they did with the cylon wave that came out first but with jaffa and army build and if your like me you'd buy a case just to swap heads around and make "red shirt" sg-1 characters

Buffy seems a natural choice. Especially since DST already has the license. I liked the PALz, but only got those because there were no MiniMates.

If they did Babylon 5, I think my torso just may rocket off of my hips in an explosion of joy. However, it's a pretty old property, and I'm not sure there's enough interest, even from fans, to get that done.

They already have either the Firefly or Serenity one too. I forget which.

They already have either the Firefly or Serenity one too. I forget which.

Serenity. I had forgotten about that. Now that would be a great big box set. I'd easily put out $50 for a 9 or 10-pack of the main characters. (In the 10-pack, add a reaver or the assassin.)

heroes i know not much variety but a damn cool show and some potential for cool designs

how awesome would that be. like a final showdown syler/peter two pack. hiro with his kitana. and ando. lol

and matt the psychic. oh man I want this BAD

• 1 month later...
Id love to see some classic Saturday Night Live characters as minimates: The blues bros, samurai hitman, coneheads, rosanne rasanadana, land shark. Hell, it may be obscure to most, but id also live some SCTV mates as well.

How about Gilligans Island mates?

Gilligan's island.... now that's a cool idea. Need to make sure to include the coconut radio for the professor and Thurston Howell's homemade golf clubs

I've got one better from that era though.... Hogan's Heroes.

I see nothing. I hear nothing....

With Star Trek, BSG and 24 already covered; I'd like to see The A-Team , Doctor Who , Planet Of The Apes (though i'd prefer the films licence)

I'd also love a My Name Is Earl four pack with Earl, Randy, Joy and Darnell (Harry ;) )

You know what box set I would absolutely love, a Brisco County Jr. set. If made, I think Brisco could easily become my favorite 'mate ever. They would only need to make Brisco, Bowler, Socrates, and Bly and I would be in total bliss.

If you have never seen the show, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventure...isco_County,_Jr.

Heck yeah! I love that show! I am in favor of anything that'll get me more Bruce Campell toys.

• 1 month later...