UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

spiderman 3 mega bloks

bilbofett

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... oh, crap. We really do have price Nazis running our local toy stores. :angry:

*sigh* Some other time then, perhaps. It'd probably be too much trouble for me to try and order a cheaper one from abroad now, maybe I can score a set or something once we take our time off from school...

Drop the box on the corners a few times and rip it open, tearing the cardboard. Then take it to customer service and ask for a discount because of the condition. Say you're giving it as a gift. Especially if it's the last one, many times they'll give you some kind of deal. I've gotten up to 20% off by asking for this. I've never intentionally damaged a package, but it might work. If not, put it back on the shelf and hope it goes clearance. The system works for them! Make it work for you!!

Drop the box on the corners a few times and rip it open, tearing the cardboard. Then take it to customer service and ask for a discount because of the condition. Say you're giving it as a gift. Especially if it's the last one, many times they'll give you some kind of deal. I've gotten up to 20% off by asking for this. I've never intentionally damaged a package, but it might work. If not, put it back on the shelf and hope it goes clearance. The system works for them! Make it work for you!!

I really would like to, except that for some demented reason they decided to display that set on some really high shelf at the front of the store. Not only would I be unable to reach it without an employee knowing, but I highly doubt I'd get Customer Service to cave on giving me a discount on it even if it were the last one.

Our local toy stores can be pretty shady that way, they have that occasional tendency to operate as if they had dollar (okay, Philippine Pesos) signs permanently plastered to their eyes. I've heard stories of Marvel Legends (or is it Transformers?) collectors geting beaten out on new releases by hoarders who bribe store employees or something. (Hmm, I guess I could bribe the guy to give me a discount... sounds kinda anti-productive though :blink:)

*praying for a miraculous 50% price markdown on that blasted set*

• 4 weeks later...

Update: The bank set I saw once is gone. Looks like some poor sucker DIDN'T find it too pricey after all :blink:

Just came back from a Toys 'R Us in a mall waaaaaaaaaay up north, and lo and behold they still had stocks of the SM3 Construction set... almost 80 dollars :ohmy:

Too much? Utter robbery? Highly improbable bargain? Shame as this actually looked like a cool set (one I was actually more interested in than the bank one)

I found one at a Ross but some kids busted it open and scattered all of the bags and took the minifigs :< After an hour of searching I could only find a few bags, but I know there's at least one more missing.

Edited by Dio

Update: The bank set I saw once is gone. Looks like some poor sucker DIDN'T find it too pricey after all :blink:

Just came back from a Toys 'R Us in a mall waaaaaaaaaay up north, and lo and behold they still had stocks of the SM3 Construction set... almost 80 dollars :ohmy:

Too much? Utter robbery? Highly improbable bargain? Shame as this actually looked like a cool set (one I was actually more interested in than the bank one)

stuff [from all brands] does tend to be more expensive here, largely because of the multiple shipping/consignment/distribution costs. price we pay for not being the main target market but getting stuff anyway. this case is no different, sadly -- but if you REALLY want to be depressed, check out the legos. :D

not to add fuel to the frustration, but i think a specialty store was CLEARING OUT the bank heist set for like $15 last December. i still kick myself nightly for not snapping up one of the three sets they still had before everything went poof poof.