UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Transformers Minimates!

6 hours ago, MisterPL said:

..... My issue is scale.....

i'm with you on this as well, i've " never got" the fact that many/some/all of the Transformers could or did change size, the oddest being gen 1 Megatron going from one of the largest (at the time) robots transforming to a hand gun that could be wielded by another bot of roughly the same size that Megs just was!?  again this goes back to the original designs as Toys first then cartoon and comics.

conversely however from a minimate stand point the fact that all of them regardless of size in other media will be roughly 2" is just a fact of the line.

Edited by Mattallica

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people were just having a conversation about the topic, and in one case making a joke, but sorry you felt ganged up on, Mattalica. 

The history of the toy line being a combination of three or four different transforming Takara lines was always interesting to me. There was the vehicles line (cars, planes), the household objects line (tape player, camera, guns), the insect line, and even the Macross line (Jetfire). And Battle Beasts was a Transformers spin-off! 

I wish we could do VInimates, but I don't believe they are included. Tiny humans would be cool. Full press release will go out soon, I hope, waiting on Hasbro. 

11 hours ago, Mattallica said:

i'm with you on this as well, i've " never got" the fact that many/some/all of the Transformers could or did change size, the oddest being gen 1 Megatron going from one of the largest (at the time) robots transforming to a hand gun that could be wielded by another bot of roughly the same size that Megs just was!?  again this goes back to the original designs as Toys first then cartoon and comics.

It's funny that I have no problem with other cartoon characters morphing (or inexplicably pulling anvils from behind their backs) but for some reason my standards are a little higher for this property. Maybe because I think it's rooted in the real world despite the medium in which it was produced. It's silly but it's enough for me to pass on a property.

Even Tony Stark's animated armors have been getting a little ridiculous over the past few MCU flicks. It's just a pet peeve, like firearms with infinite ammunition. I'm fine being in the minority and honestly envious of those who can suspend their disbelief the way I used to. After all, these are toys. I shouldn't be overthinking them this much but... well, here I am.

I loved Transformers as a kid. I would love to see the classics made and even the Dinobots in Minimate form.

I will get at least three of the Transformers sets but really want to see Soundwave made.  He was my favorite Transformer.

I also liked Jazz and Tracks and Astrotrain.  I will buy as many as I can afford to get.  Same with GI Joe.

On 2/19/2021 at 4:00 PM, jettstorm said:

Oh and yes please to M.A.S.K., Visionaries, COPS.

Yes, please.  I think MASK and Visionaries would make for absolutely terrific Minimates.  COPS. . .fighting crime in the future time!

On 2/22/2021 at 10:26 AM, MisterPL said:

Full disclosure: I rediscovered the Transformers franchise when my 4-year-old got hooked on Beast Wars. We watched that together. If DST ever decided to make those into Minimates, I'd probably get a set just for the heck of it.

I wonder if this news will bring TM2 Dinobot back to the forum? :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm telling you guys these two licenses are going to unleash the second golden age of minimates.

We'll get some kind of translucent "Matrix of Power Optimus" that will trigger the return of Geohound and TTFC.

Mini-myte will return for some Transformers GI Joe crossover Tales from the Mini-Bar.

More will follow. :)