UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Game Of Thrones Minimates

I really want an Ingrid with a extra wtf Jon Snow head!!! Crazy episode last night, didn't see that coming at all!!!!

House Targaryen's three best soldiers were so awesome in that episode, bout time we got some action, and then there was to much :0

post-6048-0-75819200-1370299437_thumb.jp

Grizzly Adams did have a beard... I mean Daario Naharis in the books.

I may try and use putty for that beard. Terrax works for now, but then there's no room for hair. I may use Ultimate Hulk's hair and color it blue/gray bc that fits.

The mustache is a lot trickier, so I'm just using Civilian Thor, maybe I'll add blue to it somehow later.

I have an OK Grey Worm and Ser Brynden the Blackfish. I think I figured out how I wanna do Aegon the Conqueror also.

It's the future! That is this, we want Got mm but aren't getting them, maybe in the future. Dude some one put a instead of an, and I'm waiting for you to blast him. I didn't read the books nor did I know there is art work to base characters off of, I don't think they would sell as well as the shows characters. I feel like the saps who don't read WD and ask for Daryl minimates.

is DH coming up with a 2 inch figure or something? isn't that the problem with dc because they gave the liscense to Mezco?

Im curious why HBO or who ever owns the right to the book/comic series, would turn this down. For crying out loud they gave POP the liscense for GoT.

POP figures probably have a better sales margin than Minimates. Same with statues which is why DST goes after more than just Minimates unless they know they can move massive quantities of product. If you don't have the volume in sales, you need a decent margin to make it worthwhile.

And I'm not sure that DST was turned down as much as DST changed their collective mind because they couldn't get the other high-end categories (props, busts, etc.) necessary to make this a financially successful partnership. It sounded like they were pursuing it but walked away for some reason.

I myself ain't a big GoT fan (i tried watching the show but it didn't click with me so i'll probably buy the books when Martin has finished them all) but i'd like some medieval mates. The pathfinder ones (if they happen) are the closest thing we have. Still, Zach said that there a few surprises to be had (we'll see one or to new licences) so i'll keep my hopes high. If we can get aliens mates then i bet that sometime we'll get GoT mates as well. Or not. Who knows?

Game of Thrones is the perfect property for Minimates - plenty of characters for many, MANY waves and many variants if it ever got to that point. (plus, they can dust off the 3" minimate body for Hodor!)

It KILLS me that the only "figures" available are Funko's Pop! line - really cute, but not scratching the obsessive itch.

Edited by Tad Ghostal

• 10 months later...

i'd love to see minimates riding minimate horses complete with their house's sigil and stuff

I would buy them just for the horses.....

Why isn't this happpennniiiiiing? Does someone have the block figures license already??

This seems like a no brainer.

- Huuuuuge cast of visually interesting/distinct characters.

- Potential for army builders galore.

- Height of its popularity (for geeks / nongeeks and men / women alike) and several seasons still to come.

Lego will never pursue it because it's the opposite of a kid-friendly show. And there's ample evidence that DST will pursue violent content (e.g. Tarantino films, Sin City, Aliens, etc. though I find it difficult to be excited about these old properties).

The only reason not to do it I can think of is that the license is too expensive to be profitable.

This has come up a couple times. If I remember correctly, DST actually inquired about the show with HBO shortly after it premiered (certainly no later then the end of the first season) and HBO wasn't interested in licensing at the time. And then along came Funko... rolleyes.gif

If anyone is thinking about making customs, I always thought Vigo The Carpathian (combined with a movie Thor head) would make for a good Ned Stark.

fig0948flg.jpg

Hail Ivan.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Wasn't there plans to make Hunger Games Minimates before the films were released? As in figures based on the books. Perhaps we could get some GoT Minimates this way? Although I'm not sure how well a ginger Robb and a hetrochromia Tyrion would sit with fans unaware of the source material. Also, packaging wise, it would be difficult to design it as the iconic font of the Game of Thrones is off limits and the Iron Throne wouldn't be able to be featured on the box.