UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

MisterPL: I really like your idea of the Borg done like the "crazy 88" set.  That sounds very interesting and would make me buy at least four sets.  I also think you could do the TNG set in the same fashion: with alternate head but I would like to see the variation for female chest blocks for at least Troi/Crusher and Yar and Ro.  I think you could even do a set that has the uniforms from the later TNG movies as extra parts to allow all the variations a collector/fan would want.

As for the Romulans and Klingons, you could do the box set for each: A Klingon set could have Gowron, Kurn, Worf when he was serving during the Klingon Civil War (with the starfleet uniform as extra parts) and Lursa (with an extra head for B'Etor -and a slightly different chest block extra part) the have extra heads and parts to make other random Klingons.   The Romulans could have Tomalok, and SubCommander Sela, and then maybe two other random Romulans with extra parts to make others and the parts to make Picard, Data and Troi as Romulans undercover. 

We already have a Cardassian, Gul Dukat, but we could do a Cardassian/Dominion Set: have a Cardassian as seen in an episode of TNG, a Founder, a Vorta and Jem'Hadar. Then there could be a few extra parts to make a different Cardassian and Jem'Hadar and maybe a different Founder (say we get a female founder then their could be a face variant to make it male and just remove the skirt and it would be male.)

You could do an Alien set which could have Neelix, Quark, an Andorian (Shran) and a Bolian (Mot the barber on TNG is who comes to mind).  Then include some spare parts to make random aliens from the basic bodies in the set.  This would allow for multiple purchases to get the most out of the parts and allow customizing collectors to make many variations of their own.

I can dream and this would be a great dream.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot the Hirogen, That would be a nice mate to have, and could maybe reuse some of the armor from Halo.

I would like to see as many Star Trek Minimates as we can get, even the animated series could be made, but a Minimate Species 8472 would be awesome as well. 

On 9/1/2020 at 12:50 PM, MisterPL said:

Those all seem like perfectly viable concepts to me, Cap. Now we just need to get concepts in front of retailers in some form.

I'm beginning to wonder if DST has any Trekkies on staff anymore.

They probably do and they all seem to be Original Fans.

10 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

Well Star Trek day came and went without so much as a nod from DST. We won’t ever get these mates will we? 

Not with those currently in charge of the franchise driving it into the ground.

Shatner was not invited to participate in Star Trek day. A great indicator of their respect for the fans.

No Trek news. They were not a crowdfunding idea. Not sure if Chuck is a Trekkie, but I have to imagine he is, with the number of Trek figures and ships we've made and the fact that we got a Minimates Enterprise. Pretty sure we have other Trekkies on staff.

I read a lot of the books when I was younger, and I've seen all the movies, and watched several of the shows, but I would not call myself a Trekkie. I have not watched Voyager or Discovery or Picard or Lower Decks. And while I'd love to see TNG Mates, I'm not sure i see us ever going so deep that we'd do DS9's barber. ?

19 hours ago, DSTZach said:

No Trek news. They were not a crowdfunding idea. Not sure if Chuck is a Trekkie, but I have to imagine he is, with the number of Trek figures and ships we've made and the fact that we got a Minimates Enterprise. Pretty sure we have other Trekkies on staff.

I read a lot of the books when I was younger, and I've seen all the movies, and watched several of the shows, but I would not call myself a Trekkie. I have not watched Voyager or Discovery or Picard or Lower Decks. And while I'd love to see TNG Mates, I'm not sure i see us ever going so deep that we'd do DS9's barber. ?

DS9 had a barber?  I guess they did as they had Garek the tailor.

Each time I post in this thread I reiterate that I am not a `Trek fan but I have huge respect for the tenacity of those that want more Trek mates .   

I am therefore looking from the outside in & it has always been the case that Star Trek 'mates suffer from their 'homelessness'  ....a dire need for a purpose-built diorama .  Crowd-funding for a scaled Trek diorama (or 2)would get my attention, somewhere finally:sarcasm-1: to put all those black-legged legions.  I might even learn to love them.

When I get the time I still get a kick out of arranging various 'mates alongside /inside/ in front of various 'dioramas and backdrops' & it is worrisome that DST has never  figured out that there is undeniably a huge market for dioramas for nigh on all of their mate licenses .  It took years for them to suss out that people wanted their mates to actually stand up ,not fall apart or have more than one accessory, current minimates are ,IMHO ,in terms of quality, superb if not perfect.

I don't think it is outrageous to suggest that Chuck ,& it is Chuck, who has been so successful in keeping the line going has failed to give Minimates a world for them to live in .  

For emphasis I recently invested in a couple of Eaglemoss Vipers which immediately re-ignited my passion for BSG Minimates , actually seeing Galen Tyrol 'working 'on a similar-scaled Viper whilst Helo & Hot Dog look on , is immensely more interesting than seeing them in  zip-locks or lined up on some acrylic staircase.

"Let my people go " 

-buttmosesmate

(Exodus 5:1)  ....after extra time

6 hours ago, MisterPL said:

DST has offered awesome dioramas for Ghostbusters and The Munsters in their Select line. But when it came to Star Trek, a franchise that demands a command bridge, they offered floor pieces with the figures. They weren't even transporter pads.

Almost looks like they're standing on a giant Deadpool mask. :)

On 9/10/2020 at 8:20 PM, DSTZach said:

And while I'd love to see TNG Mates, I'm not sure i see us ever going so deep that we'd do DS9's barber. ?

Who would think we would ever get a barber? We can’t even get Data.

Edited by Big Ape

• 4 months later...

Super7 is launching a line of Star Trek figures but they're not doing it with Kirk and Spock! Gosh!

They're launching with something called "The Next Generation." ?

As a Minimates collector I'm not as familiar with most of the characters mentioned but I'm looking forward to seeing what a Worf, Guinan, Data, and Wesley Crusher (?!) look like. Could be interesting.

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

Super7 is launching a line of Star Trek figures but they're not doing it with Kirk and Spock! Gosh!

They're launching with something called "The Next Generation." ?

As a Minimates collector I'm not as familiar with most of the characters mentioned but I'm looking forward to seeing what a Worf, Guinan, Data, and Wesley Crusher (?!) look like. Could be interesting.

With just the silhouettes, I'm can tell who 1,2, and 4 are going to be and I'm pretty sure about 3 as well. Is anyone here full nerd enough to call them all with confidence?

DST could make Next Gen mates to the point where the lead character of the wave is Battle Damaged Mr. Singh and I'd still be buying them. It would be a completionist line for me probably with duplicates. I fear there are probably just not enough of us though. 

It also just occurred to me that I would love a scaled down Mego Enterprise Bridge playset for the TOS mates. I was absolutely fascinated by the Mego transporter as a kid but never got one.

Edited by cylonchaney

The article lists which characters are in the first wave. A second assortment is planned for fall.

I'd be a completist, too. Thanks to all the uniforms I'd probably buy them by the case just to make Away Teams and obscure characters. I'd want this guy, too. ?

Someone discovered that AMT's 1/32 scale Enterprise bridge kit works great with Minimates. But a scaled down version of MEGO's playset would be fun, too.

Knowing how well Hasbro's 1/18 scale toys work with Minimates, now I'm curious how well Playmates' shuttlecraft works, even though their line was a larger scale. Time to rummage through boxes in the basement again...

With great intentions I acquired an AMT 'bridge kit' years ago....it still remains MIB .  I have a painted, complete version that ,If I recall correctly, cost me less (from eBay) than the kit!  It is almost perfect scale for our little friends. 

It's been said many times ,I'll say it again, Star Trek 'mates needed some sort of diorama .

2 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

With great intentions I acquired an AMT 'bridge kit' years ago....it still remains MIB .  I have a painted, complete version that ,If I recall correctly, cost me less (from eBay) than the kit!  It is almost perfect scale for our little friends. 

It's been said many times ,I'll say it again, Star Trek 'mates needed some sort of diorama .

Had I known the Mega Bloks bridge was coming (which I didn't get) I'd have skipped the AMT model that I also have in a box. ... somewhere.

There are some amazing photos of the AMT model somewhere back in this thread I think (or possibly the compatibility thread). Someone made a cubed Earth globe and had it up on the screen. That same person might have used two kits to make a full bridge instead of half. I just remember there were some great photos that inspired me to buy that kit.

Edit: Found it. It was in its own thread. Some of the pics are lost to the forum upgrade gods but page 3 still has some photos with mates:

Edited by cylonchaney

• 2 months later...

I hate it when the studio starts with an arbitrary release date. While I'm sure they must have something in mind, they didn't disclose the creative team or any of the cast.

That said, I'd be happy if Paramount just made a Star Trek movie on the sly and suddenly released it. That way I wouldn't have to hear all that incessant bitching from prejudiced "fans" leading up to the premiere.

But, yeah, Star Trek Minimates! Gimme more.

I'd watch another JJ Trek movie.

They fell down hard with Into Darkness but I enjoyed 1 and 3.

Wonder if they'll go all new cast?

I think the only Trek mates that would interest me at this point would be Next Gen, DS9, and Voyager crews and aliens (maybe Enterprise too). The new shows have not been to my liking and the new movies are basically the classic crew. Maybe if they really popped or if they had a bridge playset or something.