UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Best Custom of 2010 - Real Results

boyd

I would like to apologize to everyone for not posting these in a timely fashion. It was not our intent to delay the results this long, but we let things get out of hand. To everyone who we annoyed and irritated with our tardiness, I am sorry.

Without further ado, here are the results for your voting for the Best Customs of 2010. All winners will get a nifty virtual award plaque for displaying proudly on your virtual walls.

bc2010_marvel.jpg

A very close vote in the Marvel category - the winner was decided by only two votes.

bc2010_dc.jpg

The DC Customs voting was even closer than Marvel - the winner won by just one vote.

bc2010_othercustoms.jpg

bc2010_video_tv_movie.jpg

bc2010_boxset.jpg

bc2010_quickcustom.jpg

bc2010_paintjob.jpg

bc2010_sculpting.jpg

bc2010_coty.jpg

bc2010_worst2.jpg

Edited by boyd

I got all excited seeing 'Boba Fett by Shamrock'... if just for a second! :sad:

great results for Shamrock there, and rightly so... always pretty exciting when he updates his thread.

well done to all winners (and contestants)

Well, it was worth the wait! Best Quick Custom! Wa-hoooo! I like to think that my ability to reuse parts makes up for my lack of painting, sculpting, and any other customizing skills. :biggrin:

Quite a showing by Shamrock, and well-deserved. I'm pretty sure my vote for COTU went to Hellboy, but it was so long ago, who can remember? ;) 2010, though, will definitely be forever known as "the Year of the Shamrock".

And Boyd, Bob, Cappy-- no worries. Thanks for putting this all together... though you might want to get started on next year's now... :whistling:

Oh wow, thanks for the votes everyone, and congrats to everyone!

I'm gonna treat this like an award show here and thank some people, specifically Punisher for commissioning Hellboy and Boba Fett, and BrobotC for commissioning and assisting in the rather difficult design process of Big Daddy (he should also win something for making the kid-sized Minimate that was used to make the Little Sister)

As for how long it took for the results to go up, no worries. I can fully understand any delay there might have been (just ask anyone who's gotten a commission from me :D)

Yes, Shamrock did very well this year, in customizing and winning. But did you know that he also won several awards at the Customizers Technical Achievement banquet, held before the actual awards ceremony? Check it out:

bc2010_clover.jpg

bc2010_symbol.jpg

bc2010_mcdees.jpg

Congratulatons to all the winners and participants, and many thanks to Boyd, Bob and Cappy for organising the contest.

Thanks to all the voters too, I'm flattered to have come out with a category win against such competition!

Congrats to all the winners! I'm glad some of my picks won an award. And big thanks to everyone who voted for my Furyous Basterds! That was quite a competitive category I won. :whistling:

And thanks for your patience folks! Really.

Edited by Bob Harris