Mini-Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (Lobsterman @ Sep 1 2010, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
C'mon, spill! What's the scoop?!? smile.gif

Some quick highlights from memory:

- More Marvel movie 'Mattes (THOR, CAP, AVENGERS) seem like a done deal and Chuck was pleased with the marketing roll-out for the Iron Man 2 Minimates and plans to use this model for upcoming movie-based Mates.

- There will be the two AoA X-Men 'Mates box sets plus 2-packs along this theme.

- DC Minimates are dead in the water and there are no other movie-related licenses in the works, though they are looking to expand in this area if the right opportunity/library comes along.

- Star Wars Minimates won't happen because Lucas says NO. End of story.

- TRU Marvel, Universal Monsters and one other line are shipping soon.

- Chuck would love to do Image Comics 'Mates (INVINCIBLE was mentioned) but Todd MacFarlane gets first dibs as a partner so don't hold your breath.

- KICK-ASS = "That ship has sailed" though Chuck liked the comic.

- James Bond is a property they'd like to acquire as they are big fans, but it doesn't seem likely.

- Pirates will be a big push for their own property when it rolls around.
MY TOP TEN: - Banshee - Classic Sunfire - Mr. Sinister - Falcon- Black Knight - Mockingbird - Tigra - Songbird - Anole - Rockslide
MY CUSTOMS

#23 Pete

Pete

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:06 AM

I desperately hope we'll one day see Invincible Minimates.
Even if Todd McFarlane gets first dibs, surely there's room for 2 different lines?

#24 groundhog7s

groundhog7s

nuttier than squirrel poop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:55 AM

Since Binaryan didn't mentioned it, I'll throw out that Chuck gave out a special code to get free Minimates from DST for everyone that showed up for the chat. He said it was because we should dedication to the line and all those other people who blew off the chat weren't worthy of it.

I bet now all you people that decided to skip this for more important things are kicking yourself now. You should learn that time with your families and friends or working is not at all better than time with Minimates.

Posted Image

#25 youbastards

youbastards

I like griping.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (groundhog7s @ Sep 2 2010, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since Binaryan didn't mentioned it, I'll throw out that Chuck gave out a special code to get free Minimates from DST for everyone that showed up for the chat. He said it was because we should dedication to the line and all those other people who blew off the chat weren't worthy of it.

I bet now all you people that decided to skip this for more important things are kicking yourself now. You should learn that time with your families and friends or working is not at all better than time with Minimates.

Too bad the code is only redeemable by emailing customer service....

═════════My WANTS & HAVES Trade Thread Post═════════My PARTS EXCHANGE Thread Post═════════

#26 NorthRaider

NorthRaider

I Missed The Kangpocalypse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

A quick note: this latest chat's official page count is nineteen!

QUOTE (groundhog7s @ Sep 2 2010, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They also mentioned something about hopping on one foot and rubbing your tummy while spinning around three times, and then sending your nearest TRU some Kang-flavored muffins to redeem the Super Secret Special Edition Bonus Prize.
Posted Image
*But really I'm for anything that'll help Chuck see clearer and diversify the line even more, so that everyone will be happy. Also, I still want Inhumans even though DST said that might take take a while. Also also, I really do not understand DC's decision-making process sometimes. Also also also, the Book of Minimates needs to become a real thing. Also also also also, I'm still looking for Femme Fatales Minimates.

#27 HRGMann

HRGMann

The Whitest Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:50 AM

Was anything asked/mentioned about the MAX line with the SWAT and Firefighters? Or the Father's Day stuff?

I was one of those misguided fools who was with his "other" family last night.

#28 groundhog7s

groundhog7s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:00 AM

SWAT and firefighters seem to be MAX series 2 if I remember correctly. No mention of Father's Day though.

Posted Image

#29 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,714 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (groundhog7s @ Sep 2 2010, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course, Minimates > baby

Seems like a pretty simple concept, right? I don't know why I keep forgetting that.

Funny enough, the first time the chat came around the program didn't work for me. Last night I had to miss it, but logged in and was able to chat just fine after the thing was over.

#30 Mattallica

Mattallica

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:53 AM

i feel the opportunity given us to ask Chuck questions was ruined due to unnesscessary "chatting", people comming in late(which is fine) but everyone then having to say hi to that person, and just nonsense type "comments" many questions went unanswered probably due to the hard to follow "flow". If we get the chance again I'd hope we could do better.

buttheadsmate, on 15 Jun 2014 - 02:59, said:snapback.png

...... unfortunately my 2" doesn't match up with 2" anymore leastways the 2" I used to know .

#31 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Blind-bag turtle hunter .

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,007 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (Mattallica @ Sep 2 2010, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i feel the opportunity given us to ask Chuck questions was ruined due to unnesscessary "chatting", people comming in late(which is fine) but everyone then having to say hi to that person, and just nonsense type "comments" many questions went unanswered probably due to the hard to follow "flow". If we get the chance again I'd hope we could do better.

Hi ...I fell asleep & missed the lot. As for the nonsense....you should thank the Gods I fell asleep....imagine how bad it could have been unsure.gif

Matt that 'unnesscessary' is probably my most favourite spellling of all time biggrin.gif

..... only playing wink.gif

"........turtle sheller  .....!

#32 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,714 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:05 AM

If you don't like the "chatting" aspect of the chat, perhaps you could direct your questions to Chuck through the DST Q&As instead.

#33 luke314pi

luke314pi

Stuck in Minimate Form

• Administrators
  • 6,431 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (Mattallica @ Sep 2 2010, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think this affected Chuck's ability to answer our questions at all. If you watch the little box that shows when someone is typing, as soon as someone asked a question, Chuck started typing a response. The "chatting" was just people passing the time until Chuck was done typing. Then someone else would ask a question, and Chuck would go to work again. While I was there he didn't miss any of the one-per-turn questions. If anything, I think the additional chatting made the whole event even more fun. Now if only I hadn't mixed up CST with EST, I would have been there earlier...

#34 youbastards

youbastards

I like griping.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

Any hint of Wave 38, and whether or not it is related to the TRU Fantastic Four wave?

═════════My WANTS & HAVES Trade Thread Post═════════My PARTS EXCHANGE Thread Post═════════

#35 Mattallica

Mattallica

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Sep 2 2010, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you don't like the "chatting" aspect of the chat, perhaps you could direct your questions to Chuck through the DST Q&As instead.

except this was supposed to be to ask questions not just chat and we were all asked to conduct ourselves in an orderly respectful manner not like a bunch of unruly children. thanks for another unnecessary comment though!

...... unfortunately my 2" doesn't match up with 2" anymore leastways the 2" I used to know .

#36 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,714 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:20 AM

^^ The irony in someone criticizing behavior as "childlike" in a petulant, whiny manner.

#37 Mattallica

Mattallica

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE (luke314pi @ Sep 2 2010, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think this affected Chuck's ability to answer our questions at all. If you watch the little box that shows when someone is typing, as soon as someone asked a question, Chuck started typing a response. The "chatting" was just people passing the time until Chuck was done typing. Then someone else would ask a question, and Chuck would go to work again. While I was there he didn't miss any of the one-per-turn questions. If anything, I think the additional chatting made the whole event even more fun. Now if only I hadn't mixed up CST with EST, I would have been there earlier...

if you look back at the transcript he was asked at least twice about battle beast- no answer, asked for details on future marvel movie mates and answered that based on past marvel movies that we should expect mates for the new ones. not really an answer to the question asked but again due to the confusing chat it was what we got, at some point someone actually says" this is confusing" yet that person continues with the nonsense "Me too" type comments. i just feel as a community that is always is bitching that we dont have enough info(which may or may not be true)on future mates we wasted a perfectly good opportunity to get some of our questions answered and as for the "Ask DST" forum its not all its cracked up to be and definately not as good as being able to ask Chuck live.

#38 groundhog7s

groundhog7s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (youbastards @ Sep 2 2010, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any hint of Wave 38, and whether or not it is related to the TRU Fantastic Four wave?

If I understood what Chuck said right (I might not have), the TRU FF wave is separate from LCS releases except for one pack. Does that sound right to anyone else there?

Posted Image

#39 Mattallica

Mattallica

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Sep 2 2010, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^ The irony in someone criticizing behavior as "childlike" in a petulant, whiny manner.

who's whining? and if you are going to quote someone use the actual quote i said "unruly children" not childlike.

QUOTE (groundhog7s @ Sep 2 2010, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (youbastards @ Sep 2 2010, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I understood what Chuck said right (I might not have), the TRU FF wave is separate from LCS releases except for one pack. Does that sound right to anyone else there?

thats what i got too.

Edited by Mattallica, 02 September 2010 - 08:41 AM.

#40 TBT!

TBT!

"And don't insult the Smurfs."

• Root Admin
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:02 AM

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it Metallica, from the other comments it sounded like everyone else thought it went well.

Did anyone actually manage to get a full transcript?, Sadly I was working and missed this one & like many others would like to read what was actually said... Chuck can be cryptic sometimes and his exact use of words can be very telling.

T.

To be fair, Peter Dinklage is much bigger than a raccoon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users