UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

News from SDCC 2010

Due to off-site registration I am currently in possession of this year's SDCC event guide. DST's ad is near the back this year on page 173. A few interesting Minimate notes:

Giveaway at noon each day.

Build-a-Minimate zone?

Minimate prize pack giveaway.

Minimate poster giveaways!!

Trying to upload the ad now. More news as I get it.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ivan, thanks for the on the scene reporting, it is truly appreciated! since me boy was born so close to the comic-con dates, don't think I'll be heading back until he's old enought to bring along :D So I have no choice but to enjoy it through the pictures all you guys share from inside.

Thanks again!

ok so im pissed i ordered tickets for sat and sun when the\y were available the order went through and charged me but when it gave me the ticket form it was only for sat!! i complained and got a refund but the sat day tickets were sold out :( if anyone gets an extra free max or battlebeast their wiing to give away or trade or sell please pm me

So I know this isn't minimate-related (& this is the wrong place to post this), but my other contact fell through & it's zero hour.

If anyone is planning on standing in line for the Mattel booth, would you be willing to pick up the SDCC exclusive Monster High Frankie Stein doll for me? I don't know which day it is being offered or what the price is (all info has been under wraps). If it ends up being more than $30, don't worry about it.

I can send payment via Paypal & would be totally grateful! :D

Toy News International has pictures up of the DST booth and there are pics of Univeral Monsters, Series 37, some non-minimate battle beasts looking things, some new set of IM, Cap, Thor, and Spidey, an Age of Apocalypse set, the Cap through the ages set, and lots more so go check it out!

Toy News International has pictures up of the DST booth and there are pics of Univeral Monsters, Series 37, some non-minimate battle beasts looking things, some new set of IM, Cap, Thor, and Spidey, an Age of Apocalypse set, the Cap through the ages set, and lots more so go check it out!

POST LINKS PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Here is a link.

So far, I'm pretty underwhelmed on the Marvel stuff they are showing. A Heroic Age box set, AOA box set, Captain America through the ages set (although the block of ice is sweet).....and series 37.

Universal monsters and the Max line can't get here soon enough though.

Edited by cesium salami

So I know this isn't minimate-related (& this is the wrong place to post this), but my other contact fell through & it's zero hour.

If anyone is planning on standing in line for the Mattel booth, would you be willing to pick up the SDCC exclusive Monster High Frankie Stein doll for me? I don't know which day it is being offered or what the price is (all info has been under wraps). If it ends up being more than $30, don't worry about it.

I can send payment via Paypal & would be totally grateful! :D

Likewise I am looking for the Hot Wheels Ecto-1. ITs $20 so I will pay that plus shipping + something for your time. :)

Also if anyone wants to pick me up a "ready to believe mate pack and a battle beasts minimate, I would reward you handsomly !!!!!

pm or email me if you want to work out the details.

Thanks,

Kyle

gobyfish04@comcast.net

It appears that there will be a jumpsuit ben grimm under the Thing. Also a new flying stand with thor!

But I am EXTREMELY pissed at the line-up for the Heroic Age set. We JUST got that same Thor, and that Cap not too long ago either. And BOTH were featured in TRU waves as well as waves 25 and 33. <_<

Points to everyone who guessed that we'd get parts for a jumpsuit Prof. X. Pleasantly surprised with the Ben Grimm figure under the Thing pieces.

The Heroic Age set is disappointing to me because I already have most of those. But I'm guessing this set is for new collectors / fans...

The Cap set has Armored cap. Therefore it is perfect.

Age of Apocalypse set is interesting. Anyone tell who the other two figures are? Cyclops & ???

I wanna see better pictures of the MAX stuff.

And 6" Battle Beast figures? They look nice, but not interested. Come talk to me when they're Minimates.

Can anyone make out what the sign in front of the empty orange display cube says? Looks like there is text that was blacked out. I think it says X-Force, but not 100% sure.

If Age of Apocalypse is the only as-of-yet unannounced Marvel set that is shown at SDCC, I'll be pretty disappointed. :(

Heroes set is lame, IMO. I understand why they are doing it, but I just don't care for the designs and like Boyd says, they are all re-treads of less than iconic outfits (exception being the Spidey, but how many "classic" Spideys can we get?).

AOA will appease 3 or 4 members here who were clamoring for it, but I think those designs are horrible.

Only previously un-shown set that I'm interested in so far is Cap Through the Ages.

I think one of the AOA guys is Morph, btw.

Edited by karamazov80

I hate to be a downer but I gotta say, that Heroic Age set is a dud. The Iron Man, sure, I can see that. But the only more offensive than another plain-jane un-needed Spider-Man is that new Thor. We just got one... this is pointless.

Those Universal Monsters sure can't come out soon enough...

Knowing that the Cap set will be released is neat, although a better picture would've been neat to verify the specific versions coming out. Looks like Cap:Reborn WWII, Iceblock Cap, Super Patriot Armor Cap and... ?

I'm happy for those that want AoA minimates. Not so happy for myself, but for those that want them.

Edited by Mystery Man

Bucky Cap actually has a cutout mask, it seems, in the Age of Heroes set. Thor gets a new flight stand. But boy did they cut corners on Iron Man. Helmet + blank Minimate.

No fat heads on Spidey this time?

And it looks like we get a human Ben Grimm underneath one of the Things, unless I miss my guess about the guy in the orange jumpsuit.

Seems that Armored Cap, Frozen Cap, WWII Cap, and regular Cap won the TRU thing. Who were the two that lost? US Agent Cap and who else?

Warpath comes with character specific knives!

DST cannot spell Apocalypse. And that box set is available at NYCC.