UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

General Minimate Pictures Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very clever use of those Legos.

I've eyeballed the Hall of Armors set many times at Hastings.

I found them on ebay, they came as sets of 4 with 4 different Iron Men (including a white suit with the A on it, like the bots in Avengers Age of Ultron)

good thing too; I had to cannibalize two of the 8 to make these 6 taller to fit the Minimates

I was going to ask what modifications you had to make to get the 'mates to fit. Just adding one more row of bricks to make it taller?

I found them on ebay, they came as sets of 4 with 4 different Iron Men (including a white suit with the A on it, like the bots in Avengers Age of Ultron)

good thing too; I had to cannibalize two of the 8 to make these 6 taller to fit the Minimates

I was going to ask what modifications you had to make to get the 'mates to fit. Just adding one more row of bricks to make it taller?

Yupp, everything lined up perfectly thankfully

Don't worry Monte, as soon as the set was marked down to $20 I picked it up so you wouldn't be tempted any longer. ;p

Honestly, I'm relieved. First off, the one I was eyeballing online is $27, so now that I know there was a local option for $7 cheaper I won't get the $27 version. Secondly, all I really wanted was Tony, and maybe some IM suit hands and feet. Most of the suits are cool and all, but I don't like the puffy look when they opt for the over-the-buck approach.

Still, you're a bastard.

Honestly, I'm relieved. First off, the one I was eyeballing online is $27, so now that I know there was a local option for $7 cheaper I won't get the $27 version. Secondly, all I really wanted was Tony, and maybe some IM suit hands and feet. Most of the suits are cool and all, but I don't like the puffy look when they opt for the over-the-buck approach. Still, you're a bastard.

Yes, yes I am. I stopped to pick up a Leonardo, to put in a bag of turtles for a certain individual and just happened to notice them putting on the lower price sticker. Naturally I picked up the Hall of armors for my collection and didn't even bother fondling blind bags for a Leonardo. So I have to agree with your description.

However I may be able to put together a civilian Tony of some sort with a couple of versions of gloves and boots for you.

Thanks, Netglow. That last one is a Medusa head I got at Walgreen's. They've had it at least two years in a row for Halloween, priced at $20, and on November 1 it's always reduced to $10. Not bad for its size, plus it has light-up eyes and sound, if you're into that kind of thing. It's definitely long-since paid for itself for my purposes.

15095733610_7bb8c155f8.jpg

The Fallen Gods of the Solla Temple by Monte Williams, on Flickr

16998606151_1d22604218.jpg

Beneath Snake Mountain by Monte Williams, on Flickr

10689656476_b13c790eb4.jpg

Seasons in the Abyss by Monte Williams, on Flickr

Oh man, I gotta raid a Walgreen's now. Thanks for the heads up!!

My pleasure, but keep in mind they probably won't have them for a while yet.

love your photos... been following you on flickr for quite awhile now. I really like the Stormshadow, the colors just bounce out! and mumm-ra is done so well, i like it more each time i see it!

Thank you very much! That Mumm-Ra is a rarity; a somewhat older photo that I still like.

I've been off for the past couple weeks and may or may not have gone a little nuts making some backdrops.

The first is every villain's favorite hangout: Josie's (with an inexperienced DD ready to pounce on whoever exits)

bPRsvF4.jpg

And the second is just your standard hole in the wall, this one courtesy of Power Man and Iron Fist. (They'll bill for the wall)

e86cwyT.jpg

Hope ya dig it!