UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

youbastards' customs - ALIEN Ripley & EFNY Snake Plissken [01-21-2015]

Terror was a character that first appeared in an 'Epic' imprint storyline, and his name was Shreck.

He then later appeared in the Marvel 616 as Terror.

His power is that he can replace his decaying body parts with limbs and organs from other people or animals and gain memories or abilities/powers from those parts. His metal hand is actually the hand from a dead lover that is encased in mystical armor.

He had a short-lived series in the '90's and has made very few appearances since. Most of his appearances in the 90's were shoe-horned into other books like Punisher/Silver Sable/Daredevil. Marvel really didn't have much for the character to do, and he never really fit in with the Marvel Universe. He had 2 Marvel MAX miniseries recently (2007 & 2009), but he was redesigned and didn't look much like this 'mate, which is based on his 90's look.

It's a shame that much hasn't been done with the character, as there is potential for some very cool stories.

Here is a link to the Wiki article..

86914530000.1.GIF

Edited by youbastards

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at the moment. I was working on another custom and came across a spare Zombie Hulk head in my parts bin, and this one just hit me. He's mostly a QC, with some slight details added to the Zombie Hulk head.

The spines on the face are styrene painted to match the skin color.

Maybe someday though, I'd like to eventually finish any of the 8 WIP customs that i've been dragging my feet on... <_<:)

Edited by youbastards

Love that Black Widow; personally, I always preferred that costume (which, yes, was designed by Frank Miller) and will definitely use those decals. One suggestion I'd make, though, is to add a collar and some cleavage. The neck piece from Star Sapphire, with a little gray paint, would do nicely, though the collar might be a tad high.

Thanks everyone!!!

Yep, that is a Skaar face with the eyes painted on.

I'm going to try and get some better pictures, the decal doesn't look that glossy and the arm/leg details don't show very well in these pix.

BannersID - 8-Ball is now on the list, I just need to track down a spare Mysterio head! :thumbsup:

That is some fantastic work! I've never thought I'd be pining over a Sleepwalker minimate.

Also:

BannersID - 8-Ball is now on the list, I just need to track down a spare Mysterio head! :thumbsup:

Woulda believe that I took a crack at this last week? I posted the results here: http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=9319

man your sleepwalker is outstanding, if you don't mind id love to copy that reciepe id love to have him in my collection

Wow, thanks eeryone! I had no idea there was love for Sleepwalker around here! :lol:

Funkguerilla - Nice job on 8-Ball!

Eclipse - Feel free, let me know if you need more specific info. BTW, I used a Betsy Braddock hood/cape, but painted them a darker shade of purple. The belt piece came from Jigsaw and the right arm/face is from Skaar with eyes painted on with a toothpick.

Bob Harris - Actually, :blush: I didn't paint the coat at all. That is a part reuse from BSG Cavil! The only paint on Terror is the yellow eyes and I filled in the missing tooth on the Zombie Hulk head. I also had to color match the spines on his face.

Edited by youbastards

Yep, it's been used 4 times that I know of:

- For a Few Dollars More

- BSG Cavil (cheapest to obtain)

- Wolverine Through The Ages boxset

- Ghostbusters "We're ready to believe you" boxset

It's a great piece with lots of potential and I would like to see DST use it more. I have a few more customs in mind that will use that coat!