UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Psyguy's customs: More Marvel

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That chest decal is gorgeous. It doesn't even look like a decal. It looks like a factory tampo.

Thanks man. I have started using using DST-produced chest decals as a guide in Adobe. I copy a picture of the chest decal I need into Adobe and then trace parts of it. It has made making decals a whole lot easier for me. I have updated most of my previous customs with new chest decals now, should have some pictures to share at some point.

I have totally started doing the same. Copying their muscle details while creating my own costume details around, underneath or on top of them.

But, man, even the way you're printing them up & applying them, it doesn't look like someone made it - it looks like it was bought that way. Just beautiful. :thumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I have been working on some commissions lately, but I have been able to finish some customs for myself also.

First up is my Betsy Braddock mod, inspired by youbastard's version. I sculpted over the arms for the sleeves and tacked a bead I got from ebay onto her head for her power signature. I have had a couple of attempts to sculpt her hair but at the minute she has FC Emma Frost hair. I have a bunch of butterfly beads if anyone wants one.

post-1790-0-67826500-1333455914_thumb.jp

Next I made a Brotherhood Quicksilver. Head is Namor and the hair is from a movie Wolverine, I can't quite remember who it was originally suggested by though.

post-1790-0-07027000-1333456118_thumb.jp

Viper uses a head from Polaris and hair from Dawn. The belt is from Ultimate Wolverine. I think the ink was running out in the printer as the decal colour match isn't that great, but I can live with it for the time being.

post-1790-0-77134500-1333456221_thumb.jp

I started working on a set of Dark X-Men ages ago, but they have been sitting on my desk unfinished for ages. I finally managed to finish them....a few years out of date, but never mind.

Here is Dark Beast. I wanted to give him his sunglasses but I just can't track down the part. If anyone has a 24 Series 2 Jack Bauer hairpiece with the sunglasses attached, help would be much appreciated!

post-1790-0-64300000-1333456404_thumb.jp

Weapon Omega's wrist gauntlets are from Indiemate Magdalena.

post-1790-0-23701500-1333456472_thumb.jp

Daken has the same wrist gauntlets. I didn't have a spare Daken so his extra claws are sculpted and I had to draw on his tattoo.

post-1790-0-89389600-1333456547_thumb.jp

Here is a shot of the finished group. The picture isn't great due to my camera...and it was difficult to get them all in. I have made some changes to my earlier customs too. Dagger has Starbuck hair and a new decal. Emma Frost has a chest piece from Little Red and I gave the others new chest decals.

post-1790-0-35778100-1333456764_thumb.jp

I should have some custom commissions to share soon that are pretty different to my usual ones, the first non-comic customs I have made.

Thanks for looking as always.

Wow - another very fine looking batch. Really like the BrotherHood Quicksilver colour scheme. I think you've really picked greens that make him look like he's straight from the first run of X-Men.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I had a lot of fun finishing the Dark X-Men.

Here are a couple of commissions that I have managed to finish. Thanks to Hawkeye's Junk for giving me permission to post pictures.

AoA Dazzler has a modified 90's Jean hair piece coupled with a trimmed Spectre hood,with some sculpt.

post-1790-0-10838900-1333843312_thumb.jp

Red Lantern Guy Gardner has a backwards Beyonder jacket (the back is sculpted to close the open collar), and slightly sculpted AoA Rogue sleeves. I am going to have a go at a face decal, or modify an existing head but wanted to post what I have so far.

post-1790-0-14769400-1333843429_thumb.jp

Thanks for looking.

Holy Cow, Psyguy!

That AoA Dazzler is spot on. i had kind of written her off as a custom due to her ridiculous head-gear, but you've really made it work.

She could only possibly be cooler if you could give her DSS's smoking hand.

If you're ever start taking commissions, i need to be at the front of the line!

Loving your last two customs. Dazzler looks professionally done, and I love your Guy Gardner. I've been thinking about a Red Lantern Guy for a while - might have to borrow some of your ideas :) (if you don't mind, of course)

Edited by boyd

Loving your last two customs. Dazzler looks professionally done, and I love your Guy Gardner. I've been thinking about a Red Lantern Guy for a while - might have to borrow some of your ideas :) (if you don't mind, of course)

Go ahead! :)

Thanks for the comments.

I have just finished a commissioned set which are my first non-comics customs. I have been making some Hanna-Barbera cartoon customs. The first set is from the cartoon Josie and the Pussycats. I wasn't too familiar with the cartoon but here is a shot of the finished 6 characters. They have noses by request! I did try some face decals without noses but they didn't look quite right against the source material.

I will be making some more Hanna-Barbera commissions later this year.

post-1790-0-89335400-1333989145_thumb.jp

Edited by Psyguy

Are you Photoshopping out the decal edges? Because I can't find them on Guy Gardner. Everything looks factory. :wub:

Thanks man. I have slowly got better at using Adobe and applying decals. I just mask the decal edges with paint. I wouldn't have a clue where to start with Photoshop, I'm not very computer-savvy!

I have no love for Josie or the Pussycats, but I love those customs. Perfect job painting, perfect job sculpting, perfect decals - these really look great. The bright colors, the simplified forms - it's really making me wonder why no one is pursuing a Hanna-Barbera license for Minimates. Between yours and Nervous' customs, it just prove that cartoon characters could translate well as Minimates.