UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

the marquis' customs

so, with all the down time and no money, i've been doing minor tinkering here and there with minimates. nothing too major, but I think I came up with a pretty good one for starters :D

IMGP0056.jpg

I did this forge using charlie sheen's hair from platoon, heroes wolvie's body, tony stark's head (gold armor), a t-800 thigh and a silver hand :D

Edited by Marquis de Carabas

I'm not that familiar with Forge - and his outfits - but he looks pretty professional thanks to a clever use of parts. Good one.

This is a pretty much perfect representation of what forge wore in the 90's. Nice QC :)

How hard/easy is it to replace the upper leg?

Edited by Nessex

If you drop the leg in boiling water for a bit, not hard at all.

If you go at it dry, you may end up snapping the peg. Something I learned the hard way about a dozen times on other customs before considering the hot water trick. :unsure:

yeah, I didn't know about the boiling water trick, that's good to know for next time =)

so yeah, it was a little tricky to remove it without breaking it... but having 14 other t-800 legs I could use if I did break it took some of the pressure off. lol

i'm working on a few other QC's, so i'll be posting more pics once those are finished :D

Still mad at how Marvel killed Forge off. I know he'll be back (no one stays dead in comics), but it was handled sooo badly.

I love the custom, though. He'd look sweet next to all the other 90's X-Men that just came out.

He . . . he . . . . died?

Still mad at how Marvel killed Forge off. I know he'll be back (no one stays dead in comics), but it was handled sooo badly.

I love the custom, though. He'd look sweet next to all the other 90's X-Men that just came out.

Yeah, but he went crazy first. So after Forge lost his marbles doing exactly what Cyc asked him to do (and admittedly taking it way too far) Forge's teammates blew him up. Another example of Scott's "dynamic leadership". Don't bother reading the story, it sucked. But as it involved alt-realities, even Forge being dead is questionable.

(whew, got home just in time ;) )

Yeah, but he went crazy first. So after Forge lost his marbles doing exactly what Cyc asked him to do (and admittedly taking it way too far) Forge's teammates blew him up. Another example of Scott's "dynamic leadership". Don't bother reading the story, it sucked. But as it involved alt-realities, even Forge being dead is questionable.

(whew, got home just in time ;) )

Ah - this was the Ghost Boxes story arc in Astonishing? Yeah - i saw him go mad. . . but for some reason i don't remember seeing him die.

I guess when i see x-men characters die, my mind just doesn't even take any notice anymore. LOL.