UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Befuddled by Batcave

Kilgore

So I received my $10 Batcave in the mail last night, actually cost more to ship it. Delivery guy left it behind the trash bins and left a note saying thats where it was. Luckilly the local kids weren't watching him.

Anyway, opened it, started building it, found there were a handful of blocks missing, which didn't bug me too much. Didn't have nearly as much trouble as Danny although I feel your pain Danny, I really do, but I figure I'll toss the cave and build my own out of LEGO anyway (keeping the phone, the closet, the clock/lift combo, the screen, etc)

Eventually got around to releasing the minifigs from their plastic and wire prisons, Joker said thanks, Bruce Wayne yawned and Assault Batman shot me with a batarang, again, not too peeved, in fact pretty impressed with them.

Went to dress Bruce up in his movie Batman outfit and the cowl was ripped. Grr. Thats still not the most annoying part.

When I was done following the instructions there was still this little pile left, and I spotted one final thing to build. A sort of... mini wall with a blue spinning shield thing. It doesn't attach to the Batcave anywhere, its sitting on the carpet a few inches away and I have no clue what its supposed to do.

Thats the thing that bugs me; what the hell is that thing?!

Delivery guy left it behind the trash bins and left a note saying thats where it :belongs!!LOL Just kidding, the figures alone are worth $10; Congratulations! I foolishly paid $50 for my first set when it came out only to be disappointed(especially when they started dropping in price!).

When I was done following the instructions there was still this little pile left, and I spotted one final thing to build. A sort of... mini wall with a blue spinning shield thing. It doesn't attach to the Batcave anywhere, its sitting on the carpet a few inches away and I have no clue what its supposed to do.

Thats the thing that bugs me; what the hell is that thing?!

That's STILL a good question. I vaguely remember someone explaining what it was supposed to be at one time, but can't seem to remember now. I thought, originally, that it was some sort of "prop" for the bat-wing or glider, but it doesn't really seem to fit that purpose does it? There are some really cool pieces though, despite the fact that the finished product is...ill-conceived? I've been compiling bits-and-pieces of LEGOs and MegaBloks myself in the hopes of someday constructing a den worthy enough for the Dark Knight! Good-Luck with yours and don't let that spinney-shield-thing get to you...worry about the floor plates popping-apart!LOL

Ah, the return of the mystery batcave piece *dun dun daaaaa*

cavepiece.jpg

Originally intended to be a gateway at the bottom of the staircase in the first design of the cave

batcavemystery.jpg

Later the staircase moved a bit but the gateway still remained.

c3batcave.jpg

It shows on the box in the same place but hard to see, however in the current assembly guide it only shows to the side of the set instead of near the steps.

Other mysteries solved ...

Cat having trouble holding her bag of goodies?

Pull the top :D

catbag.jpg

Still pending mysteries ...

The Batdart??? Is it a dart? Is it a flower? Or some other magical weapon? Where did it come from?

batdart.jpg

Lurch you've put my mind at ease. Your explanation isn't nearly as exciting as I thought though, I was hoping it would be a training device that Batman was supposed to kick or something.

Checked my catwoman swag bag, got it.

Now, how do I make Stealth Batman's eyes glow? And how do I unzip Selina's catsuit for that extra Danny-pleasing cleavage?

Heck yeah, the "missing Alfred" was one of the most disappointing aspects of the Bat-pile. Although I would have swapped-out the Stealth BM in favor of Alfred, as I get quite alot of use of Bruce's Tux. Thanks again Lurch for refreshing our memories on the "mystery piece".

I really didnt have any problem with my Batcave. But of course i did use hot glue. LOL. Oh and i also got about four more of those caves. I wonder when I'll get around to actually adding on to the Batcave. I would've loved to have had Alfred. How bout a Toyfare Exclusive Alfred from Toyfare. :o

I would expect that the thinking is that it can only be done as a promo and even then not of the same ilk as JS Green Lantern, since that still has a lot of play action to it.

Can you really see your average mass-market kid running around with an Alfred figure going "Yes Master Bruce, I'll stitch you right up" and playing with the 'its-supposed-to-be-cold' Gaspacho soup accessories?

Nope, looks like its going to have to be a custom project, cause you can't have a Batcave/mansion without an Alfred.

In whichcase the appeal for an Alfred/Commissioner Gordon "Allies of the Batman" two-pack start right here!

And cdubya I only just saw your edit of my quote above;

Delivery guy left it behind the trash bins and left a note saying thats where it :belongs!!LOL Just kidding, the figures alone are worth $10;

:D

• 5 months later...

I just got the Batcave in the mail today, and put it together. Pretty cool looking, and went together fast and easy. I was wondering if anybody who has this batcave knows what the seperate structure with the spinning clear blue block is? It does not have any explanation in the directions, and other than the blue part spinning around, it does not seem to have any apparent use. Any clues?

I just got the Batcave in the mail today, and put it together. Pretty cool looking, and went together fast and easy. I was wondering if anybody who has this batcave knows what the seperate structure with the spinning clear blue block is? It does not have any explanation in the directions, and other than the blue part spinning around, it does not seem to have any apparent use. Any clues?

:D this is the old chesnut that always comes back to life every couple of years.... This is actually such an old discussion that I dont think we have a thread here for it, it Goes back to the *hushed tones* AA days.

Noone knows for sure however the best we could work out was it was a barrier at the bottom of the stairs...

T.

It's the impenetrable Bat-Saunaâ„¢. You put your stressed-out, over-worked, generally grumpy Bruce Wayne/Batman inside. Then just turn up the steam! In a matter of minutes, the Caped Crusader is transformed into a pliable and sweaty being of great contentment. He'll once again be ready to clean up the streets of Gotham or schmooze with local politicians to get a few more tax breaks for Wayne Industries.

As an added feature, this Bat-Saunaâ„¢ comes with The Transparent Blue Spinny Thingyâ„¢. Amaze your friends! Confuse your enemies! It's non stop fun with The Transparent Blue Spinny Thingyâ„¢. Once you hold it in your hands you'll realize how empty your life was without The Transparent Blue Spinny Thingyâ„¢.

I wonder where this link goes. :)

I think Kilgore thinks I'm some Minimate boob-obsessed weirdo...

And he'd be absolutely right!

Gotta disagree with you, Divebomb. You're not a weirdo...

Gotta disagree with you, Cappy he IS a wierdo... :D

T.

I think Kilgore thinks I'm some Minimate boob-obsessed weirdo...

And he'd be absolutely right!

Gotta disagree with you, Divebomb. You're not a weirdo...

Gotta disagree with you, Cappy he IS a wierdo... :D

T.

I have to disagree, Mini-Breast Minimaniacs are not weirdos. :P