UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Toys R Us Sucks thread

In the interest of keeping other threads on point, I've gone ahead and started a Toys R Us Sucks thread. Now, when you can't find an exclusive, or they're taking too long to put out stock, or the cashier is an idiot who hasn't heard of "Midi-Mites," you can just come here and tell us all about how much you hate Toys R Us and wish they would catch on fire and die.

Here's your stick; the dead horse is over in the corner next to the punchbowl.

:P

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Euphimisms are too light in this matter.

Half the target audience can't get the products, due to stores never getting shipments, or being bought up by people who are turning around and making profit of which neither TRU nor DST will see a penny.

The situation is too dumbfounding to use any insult less than a harsh, violent obscenity.

I censored them, at least...

Edited by TENIME_art

*selects big stick while drinking the punch* i know how mad the toys r us thing makes you guys but next you're in the store and they dont have the mates you want ,spare a thought a thought for myself, BHM and the rest of the UK residents where toys r us and every other toy store is barren of mates .

Hey gledzee, if you or any other UK member needs them some BSG or Wolverine: Origins figures, let a brother know. You are right--I could go to Toys R Us today and would find these sitting on the shelf.

There won't be any good Minimates, but Minimates there will be.

I moved this post over from the Infinity Gauntlet thread for the sake of staying on topic...

I don't know why so many people are down on TRU. I usually find what I'm looking for.

However, it is a bit frustrating to be a Minimate fan who wants desperately to buy these things, but can't simply drive to his or her local shop to pick a pack up.

I second this COMPLETLY. Add in the fact I'm a UK based fan and you can rule out traveling to my nearest TRU or the site. Instead I have to use eBay, and fell victim to a scalper to get my hands on Moonstone/Bullseye, PLUS having to spend about $10 on shipping.

I agree it is very frustrating when you cant find what you are looking for but this goes way beyond TRU and Minimates. Back when I collected Marvel Legends they were much harder to find than Minimates, at least in my area. A lot of the time I had to bite the bullet and go to eBay. Hell just last week I literally had to drive all over New Jersey to find issue 12 of "Hulk". I didn't complain, (Well, I complained a little that that issue was left out of my pile at my LCS to begin with) I got in my car and using my GPS hit every shop I could find until I got what I was looking for. If I couldn't find it I was fully prepared to go to eBay. As for overseas collectors... Have you seen how much a subscription to "2000 A.D." is for someone living in the US? I needs me Dredd (who would make a great Minimate btw) but I mostly do without because of the price. As collectors none of these situations should surprise us. Some things will be easier to come by than others. It goes with the territory.

Forget "catching on fire."

I'm going to set all the stores in the chain on fire.

(I'll wait until all the employees have evacuated first...)

F*ck you, Toys'R'Us. F*ck you. You f*cking @$$holes.

Dont burn mine down... go in and pick up some mates they usually have a nice selection.

Edited by Rheul

I have to ask, which is better: to not have any TRU Minimate product made (which would mean no one would get any of the exclusives and less people would be supporting the line) or to have them when they're porrly distributed (yet still somewhat easily obtainable on here or the secondary market)? I'll take hard to find over never produced at all.

Edited by groundhog7s

I think that (most) everyone agrees on that point, but so what? I would prefer to be punched in the balls than to have a hot poker shoved up my butt, but that doesn't mean that it is OK for someone to punch me in the balls. I would probably still complain if someone did it.

I will admit that it is better that some of us get these rather than none of us, and I don't think anyone is calling for the removal of retail support for these. We just want BETTER retail support for these. I'm remaining cautiously hopeful for the upcoming sixth wave of Marvel at TRU, because the case ratio is supposed to be more balanced, which means more available on the shelves that they usually show up on, and the potential for them to show up on the TRU website for those of us who can't find them on shelves.

And I do acknowledge the pains that the overseas folk go through trying to get these. They may be luckier in that they're more used to hunting than us pampered Americans, but yeah, as hard a time as we're having, they're getting it worse since their suppliers are likely having the same problems we are.

We just want BETTER retail support for these.

Money talks. We all need to face facts we are collectors of a niche market item. These will never be as available as say Star Wars figures. I'm sure some of those are hard to find too. Its not TRU's or DST fault. it is simple supply and demand. You can get the figures you are looking for maybe not at the price you'd like, but that is how the world turns. Like it or lump it.

All I know is this....... My TRU STILL have Wolverine Movie sets, one or two of the other earlier Marvel "exclusive" sets, BSG series 1 and 2 and Terminator mates.

Haven't seen ANY of the newest Marvel series or Ghostbusters series 2.

I asked an employee one day after being fed up with seeing the same stuff there if they had ANY newer Marvel or GB series 2 sets...........all I got was, "what is out is all we have." without even asking someone or checking for themselves.

This TRU is 5 minutes from my apartment......I refuse to drive 45 minutes to an hours and a half just to find newer stuff or with the possibility of them having the same crap.

Oy........

Oh, and also the fact that this TRU ALWAYS look like crap because they apparently Never clean up during the day...........

All I know is this....... My TRU STILL have Wolverine Movie sets, one or two of the other earlier Marvel "exclusive" sets, BSG series 1 and 2 and Terminator mates.

Haven't seen ANY of the newest Marvel series or Ghostbusters series 2.

I asked an employee one day after being fed up with seeing the same stuff there if they had ANY newer Marvel or GB series 2 sets...........all I got was, "what is out is all we have." without even asking someone or checking for themselves.

This TRU is 5 minutes from my apartment......I refuse to drive 45 minutes to an hours and a half just to find newer stuff or with the possibility of them having the same crap.

Oy........

Oh, and also the fact that this TRU ALWAYS look like crap because they apparently Never clean up during the day...........

QFT

I think that (most) everyone agrees on that point, but so what? I would prefer to be punched in the balls than to have a hot poker shoved up my butt, but that doesn't mean that it is OK for someone to punch me in the balls. I would probably still complain if someone did it.

Your logic is always on point, brother!

And somehow griping about it online will make minimates magically appear at your TRU? Really? :nono:

No, but sometimes it's nice to be able to vent a little. ;)

Sure. I get that. I find it therapeutic myself. The complaining just seems a bit excessive lately, that's all. Still, not my thread so I shall bow out. Have fun.

Sure. I get that. I find it therapeutic myself. The complaining just seems a bit excessive lately, that's all. Still, not my thread so I shall bow out. Have fun.

Yeah, you have a point. But still, why should I have to pay between $15 and $20 (what the Molecule Man + Spider-Woman set costs on ToyWiz.com, for example) for a set, when any other set I can get for about a third of that amount at, say, Luke's store?

I feel the following reflect my opinion perfectly:

I have to ask, which is better: to not have any TRU Minimate product made (which would mean no one would get any of the exclusives and less people would be supporting the line) or to have them when they're porrly distributed (yet still somewhat easily obtainable on here or the secondary market)? I'll take hard to find over never produced at all.

Very true. Thanks to TRU I've been able to get Union Jack, Moonstone, Bullseye, Swordsman (hopefully) and loads of variants to the GB plus ghosts. Plus they've listened to crit and will fix it for the next TRU wave. That's awesome :D

However, as great as it is to have them available it's still a problem for me to get the ones I want, especally...

But still, why should I have to pay between $15 and $20 (what the Molecule Man + Spider-Woman set costs on ToyWiz.com, for example) for a set, when any other set I can get for about a third of that amount at, say, Luke's store?

Fine, their exclusive and rare. I get and respect that, but it's one thing to make me pay maybe double what I'd pay Luke (which I'm fine with) and another to pay triple or even quadruple! I'm trying to cut back on spending so I can save up some money to possibly move next year, but from past experiences I find if I want something, I need to grab it when I see it, not when I want to buy it (missed out on a Vincent Valentine figure because I didn't buy it when I saw it).

My point is past experiences have taught me to buy something I want first chance I get and I've fallen victim to scrupers because of it.

And I do acknowledge the pains that the overseas folk go through trying to get these. They may be luckier in that they're more used to hunting than us pampered Americans, but yeah, as hard a time as we're having, they're getting it worse since their suppliers are likely having the same problems we are.

Do UK TRU even stock minimates? I can't say I've looked but from what I've heard it's pointless as I probably wouldn't find anything.