264 replies to this topic

#41 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Be true to yourself... Even if that means being 'normal.'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,299 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:54 AM

You know, a few things really jumped out at me. The first is obviously these. I'm hopeless, no? I'm just interested in this trend of cheaper statues lately.

The second being the new GI Joe diorama. http://cooltoyreview...-02/image59.asp It's as beautiful as the Flint/Zartan one IMHO. I want them both.

Thirdly, Venom Rex? Really? http://cooltoyreview...-02/image92.asp Looks awesome though.

Lastly, being the sucker for x-23 that I am, I thought this ended up great. http://cooltoyreview...-02/image86.asp Not gone get it, but still great.
Posted Image

No, he's right -- not making that one character doomed the line. Doomed, I tell you. The minute we left him out of Series 1 a raven flew through our window. And killed an intern.

#42 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

Got Wolvie today. Beautiful statue.

Hulk. . .you are next, you giant son of a b!tch.

#43 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,299 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

Isn't that funny? That has 0 appeal to me at all. I like Wolvy and everything, but I wouldn't buy that even if it were $20. (Not like I discovered him onsale for $20 and could turn around and make money, but like that's what he retailed at.
Posted Image

No, he's right -- not making that one character doomed the line. Doomed, I tell you. The minute we left him out of Series 1 a raven flew through our window. And killed an intern.

#44 Shanester

Shanester

Jerkface

• Root Admin
  • 10,641 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Jul 24 2010, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So. . .considering selling a huge chunk of my Minimates in order to buy a Hulk PF. Please someone tell me how wrong this is, before I make a decision that I will regret. sad.gif

Dude, I have one and I love it. The damned thing is just gorgeous. Andy B. did an incredible job with the sculpting on this one.

He is a huge one. Make sure you have about 2 square feet of free space to display him. He weighs about 45lbs.

Growing old is inevitable… growing up is optional.

#45 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (Shanester @ Jul 28 2010, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, I have one and I love it. The damned thing is just gorgeous. Andy B. did an incredible job with the sculpting on this one.

He is a huge one. Make sure you have about 2 square feet of free space to display him. He weighs about 45lbs.

Gotta have him. I was waiting for the Comiquette (as I'm glad I did with Spidey), but the wacky hairdo and pinhead just don't do it for me. I don't know what they were thinking with that. Kirby PF Hulk destroys the Comiquette.

#46 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

chichichichi
kakakaka

https://www.sideshow...jason-tease.jpg

#47 Shanester

Shanester

Jerkface

• Root Admin
  • 10,641 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Jul 28 2010, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gotta have him. I was waiting for the Comiquette (as I'm glad I did with Spidey), but the wacky hairdo and pinhead just don't do it for me. I don't know what they were thinking with that. Kirby PF Hulk destroys the Comiquette.

I agree on the Hulk comiquette, but my hope is that the released product will be better than the proto. SSC is notorious for final product being different (sometimes better, sometimes worse) than the proto. I didn't order the Hulk 1:1 and the final release looks better than the proto, so now I am kinda scrambling to get him. I have even thrown some HT Preds on the table to tempt a trade.

With the Hulk Comiquette, I'd rather have an order in and return him if he sucks, than to miss out entirely.

I don't like the Spidey Comiquette. Too skinny for my tastes and I do not like the huge full face eyes. Not my favorite Spidey design, so I'll wait and see what Bowen or Koto does with him.

#48 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

No longer a TRU.com customer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,617 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Jul 26 2010, 03:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, but thanks for the concern smile.gif

Most of my Minimates are just sitting in a box, but that statue is so big, it would have to be displayed.

Bit late to the party but......Sam, even I have been known to actually take Minimates out of their boxes & display them . Here's what you do ....... wink.gif

"..........I've got BHM beat when it comes to Hammers" -  youbastards

#49 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the advice, BHM. I'll have to try it sometime smile.gif

And I agree that the Spidey isn't ideal, but I like it a lot more than the PF. And I am only collecting 1/4 scale statues (or something approaching it), so the Bowen and Koto stuff won't work for me.

#50 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:06 PM

So, I needed an Iron Man in my collection. I wanted the Mark VI, but at $450+. . .well, I'm not sure that I wanted it that much. Instead, I ran across this guy for a good price (less than half of what the Mark VI would have cost) and decided to go for it. Not a huge fan of the pose or the fact that he has the U.S. flag (I just don't identify the flag with Tony Stark), but this is my favorite Iron Man armor--the one I knew and liked as a kid and that I think is the most iconic--so, I just went with it. Now, I'm just missing Spidey and Hulk. God help me if they start doing more Cockrum/Byrne X-Men in 1/4 scale sad.gif

The cheesy fake gold fireplace display is temporary--until I get a display case.

Edited by karamazov80, 18 August 2010 - 10:06 PM.

#51 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,299 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

How do you make a suggestion to Sideshow? I want Beast Wars Megatron blowing G1 Optimus Prime's face off. That would make me giddy.

Posted Image

#52 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:28 PM

Now that's just silly. I do always like the "To be continued?" cliffhanger endings, though. laugh.gif

My new statue:

It is big and awesome.

#53 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,299 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

No, that statue would be awesome! Probably 1 of the 2 best defining moments of Beast Wars, right behind Code of Hero.

That hulk needs some scale. Isn't he like 3'?
Posted Image

#54 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

Over 2 feet, I think, but I'm not sure if he is near 3. Of course, Hulk has been drawn as different sizes by different people at different times, but I think he's pretty much in scale with the other 1/4 scale Sideshow statues.

#55 Nessex

Nessex

Aaaaand Kang beat Toad. Crushed :(

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:34 AM

Here's one i've been burning to see in Minimate form. In the meantime, Bowen have released these two versions of him. The top one is the 'Classic' look while the bottom is the regular edition. The flame works looks great, but for some reason neither of the colour schemes quite seem right to me. . . .

Current Top 10 Wish List: Spiral; GSXM Sunfire; GSXM Banshee; Pyro; 616 Blob; Stryfe; Toad; Forge; Destiny; & Deathbird . . . & GIDEON!!!
MMMV-CW-Gideon.jpg
Haves/Wants UPDATED July 19th, 2013 (REALLY want a Green & a White Funko Pop Phoenix)

#56 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

It does seem criminal that we still don't have Pyro, the Blob, or Toad as Minimates. Not to mention Avalanche, Destiny, and Mastermind. The evil mutants need some Minimate love, for sure.

#57 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,299 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:25 AM

Man, this thing is cool. http://www.sideshowt...489&sku=2000891
Posted Image

#58 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:49 AM

From Sideshow's Facebook ( rolleyes.gif ) page

Will buy buttrock.gif

#59 Shanester

Shanester

Jerkface

• Root Admin
  • 10,641 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:26 AM

K80, I somehow missed that you had joined the Hulk PF club. Congrats my friend. I'll get your card key to the Hulk Pf Club Lounge and your Hulk PF Club parking pass out to you real soon. cool.gif

#60 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (Shanester @ Nov 3 2010, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
K80, I somehow missed that you had joined the Hulk PF club. Congrats my friend. I'll get your card key to the Hulk Pf Club Lounge and your Hulk PF Club parking pass out to you real soon. cool.gif

Thanks for that. I don't want to seem immodest, but. . .we who have Hulk PF are better than others, aren't we?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users