UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Vanilla Minimate Custom Contest!

luke314pi

Quick question: Are we allowed to use 2.5 or 3'' bodies? Or strictly a 2''?

2" only please. Like the original post said, use almost any of the Spider-Man minimates as an example. I will update it to make the size requirements official.

Ok cool, good thing I had a back up. :)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All my main painting is done. Today I apply the fine details (knock on wood). When I am done and have submitted pics for the contest, I'm so gonna make acessories for this guy, cause this custom just begs for them. Hope to have pics posted later this week if all goes well.

Awesome entries so far. Good luck to everyone!

Beware AndyMini! :ohmy:

If you do post both of your potential entries in your cutom thread to let the bunch decide, you might get disqualified because of rule number 3:

3.) This must be a new creation from the start of this post, previous customs/contest entries are not allowed.

Besdies, wouldn't it be a little unfair? :unsure:

All my main painting is done. Today I apply the fine details (knock on wood). When I am done and have submitted pics for the contest, I'm so gonna make acessories for this guy, cause this custom just begs for them. Hope to have pics posted later this week if all goes well.

Awesome entries so far. Good luck to everyone!

I hit a bit of a snag and have to redo an entire arm, so pics will be delayed. maybe this weekend if all goes well. I want this to be perfect.

Might have my camera issue taken care of this weekend, and may redo the chest in the meantime. Gotta say, though, this is going to be a very hard line-up to pick from. Lots of greats so far, and i'm sure there are still perhaps 4 to come. Good luck with that, whoever judges these. :blush:

i've never entered a contest before, not having moved onto sculpting my own parts or anything, so this one worked for me, thought i'd give it a go.

i've been intending to make this guy for a while, and seemed perfect for this:

Rex Mason, The Elemental Man... Metamorpho!

as usual, my picture quality is pretty poor, but hey... it's the best i can do. He'll look great eventually with SM3 Sandman arm pieces! But for the purpose of this contest, Metamorpho has C3 feet, no accessories, no sculpted parts!

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

hope you guys like!

EDIT: source, for many, many pictures, and a delightful little song!

Dial B For Blog - Metamorpho Page

Edited by bobafett

Sorry bobafett, but it looks like there's gonna be 2 Metamorphos in this contest. Finished mine last weekend but haven't had time to take or post pics. Great job on yours BTW. Mine'll be up by tomorrow.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Sorry bobafett, but it looks like there's gonna be 2 Metamorphos in this contest. Finished mine last weekend but haven't had time to take or post pics. Great job on yours BTW. Mine'll be up by tomorrow.

supports my 'perfect for this contest' theory!

look forward to seeing it ;)

All righty then! Here (as promised) is my entry into the Vanilla Minimate contest...

METAMORPHO!

th_front.jpgth_back-1.jpgth_left.jpgth_right.jpg

I used the build and action figure Metamorpho from the DC Universe series 1 as my inspiration for this custom. Not sure if you can see it clearly, but the left leg is phasing from metal (in the upper thigh area) to clear (in the lower shin and foot). The clear coat I used kinda ruined the "see through" effect. Anywho... enjoy!

Edited by MINI_MYTE