UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Codes are cracked, as a prize we got concept art !

TBT!

You know, i feel like the oddball of the bunch. Upon seeing the Wave 30s protos, i was suprisingly met by an "Oh my God!! they look so great in real-life!! YAY DST!!" and then i went to look at these. That super-joy?? Yeah, it went down quite a bit. They just look so...bad...here, as if DST rushed to get pics out. I don't likie. :(

Key reasons as too why:

T'Challa looks out of proportioned as hell!

Daredevil's torso is lacking a lot of detail whereas the arms get amazing amounts. WTF?!

DD's mask is also a reuse, like Wave 5 cap. If they don't adjust it to fit newer heads, i'll be very pissed.

Wishing Logan could have used that helmet from the Ultimates' Wave's Soldier. I get that it may cause controversy over the character in that wave, but still!! No mutton chops?!

Moon Knight's hood looks way too flat to me. at least it's a seperate piece...for now!!

Storm's skin-tone seems a tad too dark. Was hoping she'd look more Movie-Rhodie-ish.

HYDRA Agent is too bulky in general. Thank God we can shrink him; i don't like how it affects the holster.

Last and WORST bad point: X-force Wolvie looks like all the work went into him and i like him the best!! :(

"Good" points, so i'm not just criticising:

Storm's sleeves look like slip-on pieces, so if we don't want them on they don't have to be. Things like this make me smile.

Wolvie is using the newer claws, introduced in the Origins Wave. Thank God; the others were too small and flimsy for me.

Moon Knight looks incredible overall. Love the knuckles and the cape; just wish the hood was thicker on top. Wow...first time a new character came in second to a Logan!! :blink:

I had my doubts, but WW2 Logan is okay. Yay WW2 army-builder soldier minus head!!

So yeah. To many of you i'm gonna sound like a nitpicker. I just had such high-hopes for this wave with what it was giving us, who was in it, and the control art. The protos just aren't doing it for me. :(

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they would of put the lighting effect on storm's hand so we could see what that looked like.

I guess you mean the lightning effect......not actually doing the bhm cleverass ....just couldn't get my head round what you meant. Yes that would be a good acc. !

I changed it now, and thanks for telling me.

How do I feel now :( Where's the irony? You changed it ? By thunder this will cause a storm :ohmy:

You know, i feel like the oddball of the bunch. Upon seeing the Wave 30s protos, i was suprisingly met by an "Oh my God!! they look so great in real-life!! YAY DST!!" and then i went to look at these. That super-joy?? Yeah, it went down quite a bit. They just look so...bad...here, as if DST rushed to get pics out. I don't likie. :(

Key reasons as too why:

T'Challa looks out of proportioned as hell!

Daredevil's torso is lacking a lot of detail whereas the arms get amazing amounts. WTF?!

DD's mask is also a reuse, like Wave 5 cap. If they don't adjust it to fit newer heads, i'll be very pissed.

Wishing Logan could have used that helmet from the Ultimates' Wave's Soldier. I get that it may cause controversy over the character in that wave, but still!! No mutton chops?!

Moon Knight's hood looks way too flat to me. at least it's a seperate piece...for now!!

Storm's skin-tone seems a tad too dark. Was hoping she'd look more Movie-Rhodie-ish.

HYDRA Agent is too bulky in general. Thank God we can shrink him; i don't like how it affects the holster.

Last and WORST bad point: X-force Wolvie looks like all the work went into him and i like him the best!! :(

"Good" points, so i'm not just criticising:

Storm's sleeves look like slip-on pieces, so if we don't want them on they don't have to be. Things like this make me smile.

Wolvie is using the newer claws, introduced in the Origins Wave. Thank God; the others were too small and flimsy for me.

Moon Knight looks incredible overall. Love the knuckles and the cape; just wish the hood was thicker on top. Wow...first time a new character came in second to a Logan!! :blink:

I had my doubts, but WW2 Logan is okay. Yay WW2 army-builder soldier minus head!!

So yeah. To many of you i'm gonna sound like a nitpicker. I just had such high-hopes for this wave with what it was giving us, who was in it, and the control art. The protos just aren't doing it for me. :(

Ah yes Grasshopper you have grown. What once was always perfect is now ..not quite so! The perfection that you saw is now not so...perfect. Truly you have come of age.

Confucius once say "Man who put hands in pocket ....he feel cocky..... all day!" :huh:

Seriously T2F ...the longer you collect these guys the more you'll want perfection.

Edited by buttheadsmate

WW2 Wolvie aside, the theme for 29 turns out to be "glowy eyes"... no irises here, move along. I like 'em, except for X-Force Wolverine -- everyone seems to be loving him, but the cartoony smirk just kills it for me.

Wave 30 looks good too, although Electro's mask looks a little off (hopefully it's just a weird angle). Insulated Spidey and Armored Daredevil look like they'd hang out...

I think it's all the black and white in this wave, but somehow actually seeing them all together looks sort of... I don't know... meh... compared with 30. Weird propotions aside, which I'm willing to accept as bad photography, the individual firgues look good. Together somehow they look... I don't know... somehow less... good. Wish I could explain it better than that.

Edited by Mirymate

Actual Minimates almost always look better than the prototype pics, IMO. Which is weird, since with most companies (Mattel, Hasbro) this is very rarely the case.

Is it just me, or are a lot of the details just photoshopped over unfinished 'mates? DD and Moon Knight's chests in particular don't look quite right.

You know, now that I see them... I actually DON'T want them... Weird. They just don't look as great as I'd have wanted and they never were my favorite characters. SO this wave for me is... a pass.

:D:D:D:D awsome

storm: super awsome

black panther: superduper awsome

hydra agent: must buy ten or more

moonknight: super awsome

armored daredevil: cool

x-force wolverine: the only wolvy varient we need

ww2 wolverine: almost a armybuilder

spider girl: cooler then i expected

hom spidy: cool

insulated spidy: awsome

iron guardsmen: super awsome

scorpion: awwwwwsssssoooommmmeeee

electro: aawwsssoommmee

:D:D:D:D awsome

storm: super awsome

black panther: superduper awsome

hydra agent: must buy ten or more

moonknight: super awsome

armored daredevil: cool

x-force wolverine: the only wolvy varient we need

ww2 wolverine: almost a armybuilder

spider girl: cooler then i expected

hom spidy: cool

insulated spidy: awsome

iron guardsmen: super awsome

scorpion: awwwwwsssssoooommmmeeee

electro: aawwsssoommmee

Ah, so itake this wave is a load of crap to you too, right?? <_<

Is it just me, or are a lot of the details just photoshopped over unfinished 'mates? DD and Moon Knight's chests in particular don't look quite right.

I've noticed this a bit in the bulk of the "prototype" shots we get.

Edited by karamazov80

This set has some really great figures....

The hydra goon is my most wanted figure, i'm a little bummed by his bulky chest and "skirt" not matching making it seem un even. I wonder what the hydras chest looks like under the chest part. It'd be great if they had the yellow straps pained on so you don't have to have the big shirt.

I think black panthers cool, but I'm totally stripinghis gear off an making him classic black panther.

Moon Knight looks awesome, Love the spiked knukles.

Storm, i like the way she turned out, I think they chose a great color for her. It's always been a fanboy debate on what color that costume actually is, so i'm surprised they didn't make her a color variant in the wave.

X-force wolverine i have 0 intrest in, i don't like the look I'm so sick of all modern characters wearing to much black. Plus i only collect classic versions of minimates so i won't dislplay him.

Armored daredevil, again no real intrest.

Army Wolverine, i think if i'm army building the hydra i'd rather get them with the army wolverine figure. Cause it can almost be used as some kinda trooper. I'm trying to decide what exactly. maybe they'd go cool with sgt rock i dunno.

Oh good! I thought this was just me! I saw wave 30 and almost jizzed in my pants. 29 just left me with a feeling of "Oh, more minimates. yay." It was weird.

I also agree with your reasoning. It's odd that XForce Wolvy is so awesome!

I think it's all the black and white in this wave, but somehow actually seeing them all together looks sort of... I don't know... meh... compared with 30. Weird propotions aside, which I'm willing to accept as bad photography, the individual firgues look good. Together somehow they look... I don't know... somehow less... good. Wish I could explain it better than that.

Personally I couldn't agree more :huh:

• 1 year later...
post-955-1296176413_thumb.jpg

You might have the incredibly irratating power to bring back old threads, but I have the power to make members dissapear, sometimes forever.... How about you don't use that power ever again and I won't use mine on you?

T.

p.s. Bringing attention to yourself like this reminds me, please read the guidelines and edit your sig accordingly or I will do it for you...

Minimadman wasn't at fault. Michael McGowan had a post up there about a Stryfe Minimate, which makes no sense seeing as it had nothing to do with the 2 year old topic. I was going to comment on his posting, but when I clicked reply, I saw Minimadman had posted the necro card and thought it was comment enough.

I'm not sure where Michael's post went, but Minimadman isn't the one who necroed this thread.

Minimadman wasn't at fault. Michael McGowan had a post up there about a Stryfe Minimate, which makes no sense seeing as it had nothing to do with the 2 year old topic. I was going to comment on his posting, but when I clicked reply, I saw Minimadman had posted the necro card and thought it was comment enough.

I'm not sure where Michael's post went, but Minimadman isn't the one who necroed this thread.

Thanks for chipping in Drgn316,

Please accept my apologies MiniMadMan, What I saw was a thread that was brought back from the dead and yours was the first post, so you can see why I posted to chastise you.

Everyone else... Nothing to see here please move along :)

T.