UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

You know your a minimate addict when...

I was writing a reply to another post when and was sort of defending 1 figures reasoning to be in a wave that had multiples of anyway when we really want someone that hasn't been produced yet. So this thread spins off that.

So here we go a bit of fun and maybe a bit funny please add if you can think of any.

You know your a minimate addict when....You moan about Spidey/Ironman/Hulk etc taking the slot on a wave that could have been used for another minimate Squirrel Girl/Kang/Dr Bong

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... when you're not fazed by "Hulk" and "duck feet" appearing in the same sentence.

... at least once in your life you've had to tell somebody "THEY'RE NOT LEGO MEN!!!"

... you have a high tolerance for release date "estimates."

... you've experienced the (sometimes fruitless) agony of waiting for your favorite character/license to come out in Minimate form.

... "Minimate Database" is bookmarked.

... regardless of what license you actually collect, you're bound to own at least one Spider-Man.

... you can name at least three other obscure block figure types that remind you vaguely of Minimates.

... Hasbro becomes your arch-nemesis.

You know you're a minimate addict when you count the points of articulation on a minimate and show off that it has more points than toys bigger than 2 inches.

"................................................." when people FRIKIN' CALL MINIMATES LEGOS!!! >:O

"................................................." when you have more than 100 minimates (obviously)

"................................................." when you realize most of your savings went to buying minimates.

"................................................." when you get another separate piggy bank or pocket that has all the money you want for minimates.

"................................................." when you actually grab money from your bank to get them plastic crack! (applying to people who don't have a lot of cash following them)

You know you're a minimate addict when you make sure the eyes on the character's head line up perfectly with the eyes on their slip-on mask (because otherwise they can't see!).

You can count me in on that!

You know you're a Minimate addict when you're refusing to walk down the aisle unless you've seen the variant of her. (or him.)

when you have dreams of finding rare or not yet released mates, only to wake up mad.(I get those alot)

Wow seriously this actually happens to me.

Same!! that's how i got these Dark Knight minimates and...oh...damn... :(:P

You know you're a minimate addict when threads like this one don't suprise you at all.

... Hasbro becomes your arch-nemesis.

This holds true for 'You know you're a fan of Marvel Legends' as well :P

You know you're a minimate addict when you buy them by the case, open them all up and piece together the best parts to make the most flawless version of any given character. $$$$$

Oh wow! that is a whole new level of obsession!

. . . . . . When you re-buy an entire wave you already have just to get the variant you missed first time 'round.

....When going "on hold" doesn't mean you have a phone next to your ear

....When you swap characters heads' around because some look a little too happy

....When you catch yourself daydreaming "Hey, maybe DST could bring back those Street Fighter Minimates if they just tried plan #1,394."

I am certainly not trying to hijack the thread but what is it that everyone found so great about the street fighter mates? I have never cared for them at all.

You've obviously never grown up an Asian kid who idolized a video-game-savvy big brother when SF2 first came out on SEGA.

You know you're a Minimate addict when... you collect cool-looking characters and THEN learn about the licenses they originally came from. (Before collecting Minimates I wasn't that into Marvel or BSG yet. ;))

. . .you give your family Minimates as gifts. And not only that, but you honestly believe them when they tell you that they like them.

. . .are more than happy to be ridiculed by co-workers for all of your "little toys" hanging out all over your desk.

. . .spend several hours and gallons of gas a week driving across town looking for toys that you could get much more easily/cheaper from EBay, possibly because you want the "thrill of finding them in the store," but more likely because you are an irrational addict, and want a "quick fix."

. . .leave a concert, movie, social gathering, book reading, conversation with deity, etc. thinking only of "man, he/she/they would look great as Minimates!"

...make sure to remember at least one minimate on your list of things to be sure to leave the house with anytime you go out - seriously I always have at least one with me anytime I go out

...pretty much have it down to an art to be at the post office by the exact moment they are done sorting the incoming packages to see what minimates are waiting there for you - this is a current situation

...could tell you pretty much to the second when the mailman would go by your house, and if it was a bigger parcel what time the mail truck would be by - this was they way it was at my old house where we had home delivery, man I miss those days...minimate packages came to me instead of having to go out and then try to open them and drive....or sit in the parking lot opening them before leaving lol

Jeff of the Minacs

. . .you give your family Minimates as gifts. And not only that, but you honestly believe them when they tell you that they like them.

Aw Man - i Totally bought MiniMates for my Ex Boyfirend as a birthday present. In my defence - they were they Desperately Seeking Susan 'Mates, and that is one of his all time favourite films. :unsure:

Aw Man - i Totally bought MiniMates for my Ex Boyfirend as a birthday present. In my defence - they were they Desperately Seeking Susan 'Mates, and that is one of his all time favourite films. :unsure:

Oh my god... you're a girl? :huh:

:lol:

Oh my god... you're a girl? :huh:

:lol:

Ha ha! :lol:

wait - are you joking or serious? :ermm: