UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toys R Us Marvel Minimates exclusive in Toyfare

hellpop

Just paged through the new issue of Toyfare at my LCBS, which had quite the little Minimate scoop. Toys R Us has an exclusive Marvel Minimates two pack coming out... Union Jack and Wonder Man! UJ is in his traditional togs and has a removable mask (and looks great) and Wonder Man is in his Safari jacket look (which I believe is painted, not sculpted). Not sure why they paired these two particular characters together, but whatever....

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is great news, and while it's one of the oddest pairing of Minimates ever, it does help fill out the Avengers and Invaders teams.

I wonder how they're going to ship these - try to squeeze them in with the next wave released to TRU, or if they're ship them by themselves.

That sounds pretty cool, though it's hard to imagine the safari jacket working well if it's just painted on to the body.

True, it does seem like a sculpted jacket would have been more effective (as well as a hair/sunglasses combo). While I personally prefer his classic green/red, the safari jacket did evoke more of the actor/adventurer personality that the character had. Oh well, Union Jack sounds awesome! B) Any idea of a release date?