#21 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,100 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Dio @ Mar 13 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why couldn't they have a chase for set A? They could have had a younger Comedian for the chase like the DC Direct figures.

There probably is one, and I would hope for a "Classic" Night Owl, except that he was relegated to a few seconds in the intro. to the movie and standing around during a photo session later, so it probably will be the younger Comedian. . .but unlike the DCD version, hopefully this will be his earlier costume.

#22 Dio

Dio

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:21 PM

How are these not out yet? =/

#23 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,100 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

Took Medicom a long while to get Dark Knight Kubs released, as well. Hell, I haven't seen an update on the Ghostbusters Kubricks since last year. They just aren't on the ball like our great American companies smile.gif

#24 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

No longer a TRU.com customer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,643 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:47 PM

Just to let you know that the Watchmen kubricks have been released. As I understand it there are 6 basic & perhaps 3 chases. 3 chases is the norm with kubrick waves but nobody is declaring any yet.

Edited by buttheadsmate, 23 July 2009 - 01:56 PM.

"..........I've got BHM beat when it comes to Hammers" -  youbastards

#25 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,100 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

I guess each box set has 3 blind boxes inside?

Edited by karamazov80, 23 July 2009 - 01:53 PM.

#26 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,643 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

I can see where you're going with that Sam but I perhaps feel that Medicom are releasing 2 box sets each of 3 basic figures & the blind-boxed series where there will be an opportunity to find the secrets. The latter sets are available now on ebay.

#27 Nekoi

Nekoi

Ain't he unglamo-rays?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:03 PM

I've ordered these in through my work. We're still waiting on them in Canada. Poor Canada, always behind. sad.gif
What kind of Bear is best?

#28 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,100 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (buttheadsmate @ Jul 23 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can see where you're going with that Sam but I perhaps feel that Medicom are releasing 2 box sets each of 3 basic figures & the blind-boxed series where there will be an opportunity to find the secrets. The latter sets are available now on ebay.

Do you recall seeing this type of release before with any Kubricks? Seems a bit strange to release them this way. . .not that I'm complaining. The box sets are crazy cheap as far as Kubricks go, and if I want chases, I will buy them on eBay--no searching and hoping for me. I would be shelling out another $20-30 based on current eBay prices for the "basic" set of 6 over what I'm anticipating paying BBTS (no guarantee they won't raise the price before they arrive, or that the box sets are still being released at all).

Edited by karamazov80, 23 July 2009 - 02:27 PM.

#29 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,643 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

Your last comment is the most telling...will there be box-sets? As for precedent? Yes! The current Boba Fett Star Wars kubricks have been released in the ultra-collectable 'carded' basic set of 6 & the 6 + 3 secret blind-boxed set. All the basics are identical.

#30 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,643 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:23 PM

Whilst I can't confirm anything about the box-sets, I can confirm that there is a chase for the blind-boxed set because I've just seen this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/...rie...:1|294:50

It's very unusual to have just one secret in a kubrick wave,in fact I can't think of another occasion where this has happened!

Edited by buttheadsmate, 25 July 2009 - 03:53 PM.

#31 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,100 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:40 PM

According to the BBTS listing for the "3 packs," 1 in 4 of the packs with Dr. Manhattan will have the chase with suit. . .for what that's worth, if anything:

http://www.bigbadtoy...amp;mode=retail

#32 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,643 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:53 PM

All this is very odd?

#33 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,100 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:57 PM

Yeah, I don't think we will understand until the whole box set debate is resolved. Could be they were manufactured for the box sets, and they were packaged up in single boxes for the Japanese market, which could account for there being only the one chase. If 1 Manhattan is released per ever 4 3 packs with him in it, then that would mean there was really 1 for every 24 figures released in the box sets, which would ultimately make him far less rare than the 1/96 that he currently seems to be.

#34 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,643 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:05 PM

Thankyou for explaining what I was too tired to do biggrin.gif

#35 Modefan

Modefan

Mini-Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (buttheadsmate @ Jul 25 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whilst I can't confirm anything about the box-sets, I can confirm that there is a chase for the blind-boxed set because I've just seen this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/...rie...:1|294:50

It's very unusual to have just one secret in a kubrick wave,in fact I can't think of another occasion where this has happened!

I only slightly dabble in kubricks so I may be wrong but I think the batman set only had 1 secret pack in which was spoiler (which I still need to find lol)

#36 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,643 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (Modefan @ Jul 26 2009, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I only slightly dabble in kubricks so I may be wrong but I think the batman set only had 1 secret pack in which was spoiler (which I still need to find lol)

Whilst you're absolutely right & you can add all the Marvel Waves as well now I think of it, I was thinking along the lines that all the Watchmen figures are packed in equal numbers except for the secret at 1:96. This of course is probably not the case ( biggrin.gif ) & some of the Watchmen figures may be rarer than others. Time will tell & thanks for correcting me.

#37 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,100 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:54 AM

From SDCC (image from Kubrick Nation):

Attached File  watchmen_kubs.jpg   94.47K   46 downloads

#38 Dio

Dio

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:53 AM

How dare they put Rorschach in the back! Hopefully these will come out in September, otherwise I won't mind importing just a single Kubrick.

Edited by Dio, 26 July 2009 - 11:54 AM.

#39 NorthRaider

NorthRaider

I Missed The Kangpocalypse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

Silk Spectre has a unibrow blink.gif

Otherwise, not bad.
Posted Image
*But really I'm for anything that'll help Chuck see clearer and diversify the line even more, so that everyone will be happy. Also, I still want Inhumans even though DST said that might take take a while. Also also, I really do not understand DC's decision-making process sometimes. Also also also, the Book of Minimates needs to become a real thing. Also also also also, I'm still looking for Femme Fatales Minimates.

#40 Dio

Dio

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (NorthRaider @ Jul 26 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Silk Spectre has a unibrow blink.gif

Otherwise, not bad.

lol don't worry there's a space between her eyebrows:
http://lh4.ggpht.com...ubrick_021b.jpg