UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Black & White Custom Contest

luke314pi

bw.jpg

The first Minimate Factory contest is here! Each of our contests will put your skills as a customizer to the test. The theme of this contest is Black & White. I am working on a special set of minimates that are entirely in black & white, and it has been a fun experience. Without having bottles of color in front of you, the focus shifts more towards getting the right shades of gray through careful mixing. I think this is a good skill to have. Therefore, in this contest you will only be able to use black and white paint. No sepia, and no dabs of color for artistic effect. Just shades of gray.

You can make a character who is normally in black & white, such as the classic Universal monsters. Or you can take a character that is normally in color, and make a black & white version, like DC did with Batman: Black & White. It is completely up to you.

Someone was kind enough to register a website through the iPower link over at the Factory, and I used the revenue to put together some cool customizing prize packs:

1st Place:

DSC07910.jpg

Includes: Helping Hands, Pack of 10 Detail Brushes, Box of 12 Ultra-Fine Sharpies, Pack of 180 Grit Fine Sandpaper, Box of Toothpicks, Bottle of Loctite Super Glue, and an Artist Detail Brush.

2nd Place:

DSC07913.jpg

Includes: Everything in 1st place prize, except a 2-pack of Sharpies instead of a full box.

3rd Place:

DSC07916.jpg

Includes: Pack of 4 Detail Brushes, Pack of 2 Ultra-Fine Sharpies, Pack of 180 Grit Fine Sandpaper, Box of Toothpicks, and an Artist Detail Brush.

Rules:

1.) Your custom can only use shades of black, white, and gray. Silver metallic paint is allowed. But no color, and no sepia.

2.) Please submit a manageable sized picture of your Black & White Custom in this thread.

3.) No photoshopping or camera tricks allowed.

4.) This must be a new creation from the start of this post, previous customs/contest entries are not allowed.

5.) The character selection is completely up to you.

6.) Please provide a link to a source picture of the character your minimate custom is based from.

7.) Only one minimate per entry per person.

===============================================================

Dates:

Entries will be accepted between now and Saturday January 31st at 11:59 PM CST.

Voting begins once Contest Gallery has been posted on February 1st and ends February 4th at 11:59 PM CST.

Winners will be posted on February 5th.

===============================================================

Voting:

The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting.

Each submitted ballot must list in order, the top three best designs you feel are the most creative and well-made.

1.) Best Custom

2.) Second Best Custom

3.) Third Best Custom

Anyone can vote, even the participants.

If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.

The 10 point minus system will be used to calculate the results.

Points awarded will be as follows: 1st will get 10pts, 2nd will get 9pts, 3rd will get 8pts.

During the voting period, please send all ballots by PM to me.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Good luck and have fun!

Edited by luke314pi

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, this reminds me of when my cousin stole one of my Minimates and painted all over it with white out and drew on it with Sharpie. He gave it back to me, and I washed it off only to reveal my Captain America was screwed up.

Anyways, I'll get my cousin to enter. He's a pro at painting stuff, I'll give him a Minimate and I'll see what he says.

Hey, guess what? I found another camera!

So I'll start things off, from the cover(?) of Batman Black & White is Mike Mignola Batman

BatmanBWMignola.jpg

Based on this image: LINK

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you chose the same mike mignola batman i was going to do...i wont be an a** and post it anyway but i f*****g hate karma!!!!!!