Bob's Customs - Assassin's Creed II Ezio, p.29

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks. :D

The poster does come out pretty well. I mean, it's not that hard to click a few buttons in photohop, but it's effective.

Edit:

Congratulations to the Black & White winners! Two of those were my choice as well, but I'd like to state that Skull Buster's Jack The Ripper totally blew me away. Very, very well done! :D

Edited by Bob Harris

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a very quick change for Captain America from the Invaders Box Set. The mask has his face printed on and I didn't really liked that way - as I sated here -, so I cut this part and repainted the cutted edges. I think it works pretty good for his mouth and chin area, but the eyes are a problem. The eyeholes and eyes printed on the mask are a little too close together, so that Cap's "real" eyes on his head piece wouldn't appear properly underneath his mask, so I didn't cut these out. That's too bad, but I still like it better that way.

Invaders-Cap.jpg

Edited by Bob Harris

I like your Cap alot. I'm really not a fan of those full face masks either.

Thanks for the compliments, folks! I actually do like the new slip on masks a lot, but only for characters who do wear complete ones, otherwise I do prefer the old ones. But that new Spidey mask for example is brilliant. Just like you said, TENIME. And I don't have any problems with putting them on 'mate's heads.

Woah, that Dr. Manhattan is really kool! Any chance of more Watchmen 'mates?

Thank you very much Iowa and concerning your question, you should check back here next week. ;)

I'm feeling a little like singer Sufjan Stevens who once said he's going to make an album about every state of the USA and now everybody's waiting patiently for releases. Well, I said I was going to minimaterize the Watchmen characters and now, finally after Dr. Manhattan, I'm proud to present

The Comedian

Edward Blake is by far my favorite Watchmen character and I'm glad I found all the parts I needed to do a satisfying custom of him. (He's a total bitch, I know, but this isn't the place to discuss it. That is.) I used decals for his face, forearms and chest - the chest is based upon Luke's brilliant Snake Plissken decal. The soulder pad is Milliput. The hair piece belongs to Kraven, but I found out that Dr. Strange has the same piece with already colored white temples. I also used Ultimate Wolverine's belt - I tried some others, but liked that one most -, a BSG pilot holster with a silver psitole from somebody and the perfectly fitting cigar-holding-hand from BSG's Starbuck. I customized the flamethrower by using the Chef Duff's frosting gun combined with the shield-holder thing that came with Invaders' Bucky and Cap to fit it on a normal, not bulky minimate torso. The shotgun belongs to Kraven, but I cut the barrel.

Comedian.jpg

The regular Comedian with his mask. I don't like the S&M mask he later used that much.

Comedian-Flame.jpg

Here's the Comedian with his iconic flamethrower he used during the Vietnam war.

Comedian-Riot2.jpg

What's happened to the American dream? - It came true. You're lookin' at it.

(Edit: I don't know why the black color of Blake's shirt looks so strange in the pictures. I guess it's the light.)

Edited by Bob Harris

:woot: Wicked! Your last pic (the photoshopped one with the grafitti) really blew me away. I kinda think The Comedian should have an angrier/more tortured facial expression though: like you said, the man's a total b*tch. And I guess he would've been cool with that scar he got

from that Vietnamese woman he impregnated and then killed

Thank you, thank you, thank you a lot for all the compliments! :wub:

I kinda think The Comedian should have an angrier/more tortured facial expression though: like you said, the man's a total b*tch. And I guess he would've been cool with that scar he got [...]

I tried the scar, but it doesn't look so well. At least, me drawing it doesn't look like a scar at all. I also thought of an angrier expression, but I decided to let him look like he really enjoys whatever he does. Like while he's barbequing in that panel. Mybe he should come with two changeable expressions, like the Secret Invasion 'mates do...

Fantastic Comedian BH!

Wait a minute! If I'm "BH", does that mean I might be the "M" in "BHM"? :ohmy: Perish the thought!

I marvel at your custom 'Mates, your 'English' is impeccable & you have a dry sense of humour.......are you sure you're German <_<

Wir Germans are funny peoples, too. You puny Englishmans think always that you have invented the humor all by yourself, but you do not have done that. And we do not have no lack of humor, we also laugh. Sometimes. We don't have only invented Lederhosen and Sauerkraut, we also did that with Schadenfreude, too! Ha ha ha ha haa.

Just kidding. I regard your humble flattery as a compliment anyway - thank you, sir! - and can reply with two words: Monty - I know a dead parrot when I see one - Python. My cousin - she is ten years older than me - introduced me to these strange Englishmen (with German dub or subtitles) when I was about twelve and my sense of humor's horizon was broadened in a strangely odd way on the spot. Thanks for that you Brits! :yes:

Speaking of that: Gorn, I sure want

! Edited by Bob Harris

I saw you 'lingering' earlier on today in this thread...... don't deny it :) When I read "Fantastic Comedian BH!" I of course initially thought that I (BHM) was being complimented .....I should have known better.....I then realised ...BH :(

I also had pangs of conscience re: my previous post ...perhaps OTT? Thankfully not.

This is your thread & you deserve the plaudits .

I also had pangs of conscience re: my previous post ...perhaps OTT? Thankfully not.

Talking by writing only often is odd and might cause misunderstanding, but I guess you do learn how people articulate and write down their thoughts and you have an eye for their "linguistic behavior" and humor by and by. So I did actually laugh my bottom off more than regarding that as an affront. So, no pangs of conscience, BH-Mate. Or did you think only because me is German I feel rather pissed? :P

(And yes, I was lingering. You got me.)

Can't wait to see your Rorschach, and the rest of the crew....

Rorschach-Test.jpg

Yeah. Rorschach. :blush: This was my first try - a Rorschach-test if you like- , but I'm not really contented, so I didn't portrait him yet "officially". The coat is a big problem and the fedoras we got so far occur to be way too big. I'm putting him in queue for now, so you have to wait, but in case you like Dan... :whistling: