UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bob's Customs - Assassin's Creed II Ezio, p.29

Just took a look at your new and cool index, Bob, and I'd forgotten how many nice customs you've made over the years. I like that you usually go outside the box in who you choose to make; it's refreshing. I don't think I'd ever seen your Marv before; he's very nice.thumbsup.gif

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks hellpop. I must say I was surpised myself. I couldn't remember Silver Savage and Green Scar from the WWHulk storyline, since I've sold these guys long ago. Same with the Charitymates. Once theyy were shipped, I forgot about them. smile.png

I don't think I'd ever seen your Marv before; he's very nice.thumbsup.gif

Actually, that guy will probably be the first of my customs getting an updated version. At least, he's on the list of customs I'm planning to do. But since he's not in the top 5, it might take a while...

Something pretty amazing happend in the last couple of days regarding those SharkFighter customs:

I talked to the creators of the Rex Nocturnus comic and they loved those Minimate customs ("those are f*ucking awesome"). Scott also mentioned, that while they never really thought about colored versions of their characters, Charly's hair should be brown instead of a dirty blonde and Captain Grayson's beared should have a little white in it, since he's an aged sailor. So I got back and changed it and I must say, I really like the new "aged" look of the Cpatain. smile.png

Not enough: They were so in love with the figures, they asked me to make a set for them. Since I don't have the right parts to come up with another set and I like the idea of creating unique customs, I sold those to them. laugh.png

Still not enough: They were so in love with the figures, that they want to include a full page picture of them in the printed comic's supplement. woot.gif

So, in case you ever stumble upon that comic, be sure to pick it up and check them out.

Charly-Front.jpgGrayson-Front.jpg

Charly-Back.jpgGrayson-Back.jpg

Cool story, Bob! What are some of the parts that you need? PM me and I'll see if I can help. You're too generous with your customs! You've got to keep 'em for yourself!

Aww, if people ask nicely... Thanks for your offer anyway. Since I won't redo these guys, I won't need your help. But you can always check my wants and invest in help me out to come up with more customs. tongue.png

By the way, next one's a Marvel character. Female. Guns. We've already have an official version of her, but that one's not my favorite costume of her...

Edited by Bob Harris

Deadpool is gonna love this next custom. Here's

DOMINO

I always liked her a lot and I was excited when she was anounced to get an official release. But I'm not really happy with how she turned out. Domino usually is a chalk white skinned beauty, but her official release doesn't represent that in my eyes. Her facial expression is somewhat off, her tattooed eye looks way too much like Deadpool's goofy eye, she looks wrinkled and that hair piece of her, well: no! This might be her X-Force look, but I always loved a different appereance of her best. I guess it was around 2005 when she had the shorter, bob haircut and that black/blue outfit with the knife strapped to her back. That's when she looked best in my opinion. Like this. So I needed that Domino. And as you can see, Deadpool really lurves her!

The recipe: Her face is a decal and her chest is a decal/paint mix, both based on some of Luke's Factory (THANKS!). The knife thingy is a modified and recolored part from Chris Redfield. Her hair is that bob-cut coming with different figures like Spider-Girl or Rachel Grey.

Domino-Front.jpgDomino-Back.jpg

Domino-Fight.jpgDomino-Frames.jpg

Edited by Bob Harris

• 3 weeks later...

You guessed right, so here's

CASEY JONES

When I saw that great duffle bag Rick Grimes came with, I knew I wanted to use it for a Casey Jones custom. I always liked the character in the cartoon, the movies and the comics. But I always pictured him as the extremely violent vigilante he was introduced as in the beginning and later in the new IDW series and that 30 minute Casey Jones movie. (You can watch it here for free, but know it's very violent!). Wearing his hockey mask and being equipped with hockey sticks, golf clubs and baseball bats venting his frustations by knocking down criminals and other people. Not a guy you want to hang out with, though.

The recipe: His hockey mask is sculpted, so is the strap around his torso holding his shoulder pad - which came with AoA Magneto. His legs are from Chris Redfield, his feet from Detention Marty, his belt from Catwoman and his hands from Wildcat and someone else. His long hair's from movie Gambit, the short hair was in my parts bin. Don't really know. The baseball bat is a modified lego one, the hocky stick and the golf club were made from scratch.

You can view more pics on my flickr page.

Casey-Front01.jpgCasey-Front02.jpg
Casey-Fight.jpgCasey-Frames.jpg

Edited by Bob Harris