UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bob's Customs - Assassin's Creed II Ezio, p.29

Thinking about a duo for Luke's Dynamic Duo Contest, I came up with

Harvey Birdman & Phil Ken Sebben

The old Hannah Barbara cartoon characters are a brilliant pool of fun - not only for a great comedy show as Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law - but also for custom Minimates. I might look into that pool sooner or later, but for now I had to come up with two of the shows most popular guys: Harvey Birdman and his eyepatch-wearing boss Phil. Especially Phil with his utterly devastating and absurd humor is a great character. Harvey was on my to do list for a long time now, so Luke's contest was a good reason to finally customize him. Although Harvey usually buttons up his jacket, I liked this one better combined with the necktie much better.

Recipe: Phil is pretty easy: he weras IM1 Tony Stark's suit, with the necktie part cut out. He's wearing Patch's shirt and bowtie beneath. The hair piece belongs to a more recent Captian America, I don't know which. And his face is a modified wave 12 Nick Fury. Harvey wears a repainted Jack Bauer (box set 1) jacket, a Spirit necktie and some yellow feet. I glued the pegs from an Angel Minimate to Harveys jacket so he can wear his wings. For the mask I used a modiefied FA Wolverine mask and a tiny decal for his logo. I tried a lot of face that might work with the mask and I don't know to whom this one belongs.

Harvey-Birdman-01.jpg Harvey-Birdman-Attorney.jpg

"Debbie, we're going to need some law books. With pictures this time." Harvey Birdman

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys! That Wolvie mask does look good on him, although I'm not completely satisfied. But I didn't want to sculpt one.

Nice work Bob! I'm totally jealous of your photography skills :D

Says the guy with the cool hipster photos. :tongue: Don't be! I guess a good pic has a lot to do with lighting. I don't use any fancy stuff but pure daylight through a window. And a white sheet of paper on the opposite site to refelct the sunlight and reduce shadows. That's pretty easy, right? :thumbsup:

Here's kind of a dark knight from a different Universe. For a quick stop in the Hellboy Universe, here's

Lobster Johnson

I've already done Hellboy customs and I remember that I wanted to do a Lobster Johnson befor, but didn't have the right parts for him. For those of you who don't know the character, This is basicly how he looks like. Johnson is vigilante in 1930s New York City, known for killing mosbters and branding them with his trademark lobster claw he's wearing in his left glove. From a Hellboy spin-off as a fictional character in the Hellboy Universe, he eventually showed up as a evil-battling ghost kinda guy. I always had the feeling he'd fit perfectly into DC's Gaslight series.

Recipe: He's basicly a regular figure with a modified HYDRA helmet and a sculpted jacket and some random glove and holster accessories. His belt come from someone, too, I'm pretty sure. For his claw glove I used one of those Iron Man repulsor hands.

Click on any of these pics to see more of him on my Flickr page.

8273925259_d118c7f2bc_z.jpg8273925321_29f15abe0c_z.jpg
"Justice waits no longer."

Edited by Bob Harris

Bob your Lobster Johnson is rockin im so glad to see some more hellboy characters minimated :biggrin: . I love the shade of grey you chose.Hopefully you will grace us with a group pic :yes:

• 2 months later...

Here's my entry for Luke's amazing The Walking Dead Contest:

Five-Points

Since you can read all about this guy's story over here, I'll just give you the recipe in this post.

Recipe: His hoody is sculpted on a movie Blob torso with a University of Harvard logo as a decal. His head's a MAX Fire Fighter who was kind enough to offer his Heavy Duty Flashlight, too. The pants belong to an Ultimate SHIELD Soldier with short people feet. The helmet is a modified (repainted, added some scratches and a bullet hole) Sgt. Rock helmet with attached hair. The gun belt is from the Walking Dead line. His bandaged left hand is from Wildcat. Oh, and the hockey stick is made from scratch.

You can see more pics over at my flickr thingy.

5P-MMMV-Victory.jpg5P-Frames.jpg
5P-MMMV-HackSlash2.jpg

Edited by Bob Harris

Another masterpiece Bob! Great use of parts, especially the cool hockey stick.

But again, I really love your, dare I say, cinematography of your photos you take.

Thanks Punisher! I come to enjoy taking pics like this pretty much. So you'll got to see a lot more of those. (And at least one more of that hockey stick...)

wow, how did i miss that Lobster Johnson? he is absolutely fantastic.

Survivor custom is astonishing too, love the sculpt on the hood

Thanks, man! wub.png

• 2 weeks later...

This year will be different and much more productive than last year, so here are my next customs:

REX NOCTURNUS - Sharkfighter

"Rex Nocturnus" is a Kickstarter funded comic by writer Liam Boyle and artist Scott K. Monteiro about a Captain Ahab inspired woman named Charly and her desperate hunt for "Rex Nocturnus", a great black shark. I backed this comic right away and love both, plot and art. Boyle and Monteiro put a lot of thought and love for detail in the story and characters and although the comic will only be about 30 pages, I really like this first glimpse at the characters. Charly for instance got her leg hand bitten off by the great white whale black shark and did replace it with - wait for it! - a harpoon gun! Love it! Grayson - something like a bad motherfraker version of TinTin's Captain Haddock - is the Captain of the Pequod Octavia, and I really like his looks and that he's carrying around some mean short sword and Charly's father's pockt watch. Also love all those tattoos: the crew's "Sharkfigther" symbol with a crossed harpoon and bone beneath a giant shark jaw. Or Charly's "Where Once Was Live, Now Is Only Death" tattoo on her stump. So, anyway. I liked it. I backed it. I felt like those main characters would work great as Minimates. Here we are. (Now read all about Rex Nocturnus.)

The recipe:
Charly - Walking Dead Andrea's head, modified Psylock hair, some shirt, modified Chris Redfield shoulder piece and a modiefied belt from SWAT Sarah Connor. Her tattoos are decals. Her harpoon gun is made from scratch with two arrows.
Captain Grayson - his head is a heavily modified Charles Vanes head, with the hat cut off and one of those Rocky hats sculpted on. His eybrows and mouth are hand painted, but his eyes are decals - because I chickened out of pulling a Shamrock and painting all details by hand. The cloth are hand painted and the short, broad sword and its scabbard are made from scratch.

As always, you can view more pics on my flickr page.

Sharkfighter-04.jpgSharkfighter-03.jpg
Sharkfighter-06.jpgSharkfighter-05.jpg

Edited by Bob Harris

Thanks! I use waterslide decals, which can sometimes be a pain in the butt, but in my eyes look better on 'mates. Especially if you don't want to cover a whole body part. And for the tattoos I used clear decals. I don't know if there are clear sticker paper ones.

once again, amazing work.

Getting a real Lara Croft vibe from Charly and the harpoon gun hand is just so innovative.

Also loving the bad arse captain Haddock deal.

Seriously these are some of your most impressive work to date, so many brilliant little details

Wow, amazing work Bob. I love the parts combinations like the belt holding the Wonder Woman rope, and that spear hand is awesome.

Thanks, Punisher! I'm glad you spotted those details. I think part selection and combination is one of the most important things in customs.

once again, amazing work.

Getting a real Lara Croft vibe from Charly and the harpoon gun hand is just so innovative.

Also loving the bad arse captain Haddock deal.

Seriously these are some of your most impressive work to date, so many brilliant little details

Thanks a lot! I always wanted to use that pirate's head and was pretty upset when I realized DST sculpted head and hat as one piece. But a sharp knive helped seperating those parts and I really like how that new hat fits with the help of a little apoxie sculpt! I'm all for details, so I'm glad you like them.