UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bob's Customs - Assassin's Creed II Ezio, p.29

A few months back I was contacted by a Canadian girl via my flickr account telling me that her boyfriend is a huge Dr. McNinja fanboy and asked if she could buy a Dr. McNinja Minimate from me to give it to him on Valentine's Day. I told her I don't want to part with my own custom and since the parts are hard to obtain right now (especially the cool movie Gambit coat) I would do a different Dr. McNinja with the parts I'd get. I used a regular coat for him but it didn't look as cool as he needs to. And while I'm not a fan of the whole Valentine's Day thing, I think if there's a girl who wants to give her boyfriend something as cool as a Dr. McNinja action figure for that special day - Dr. McNinja as the gift of love ladies and gentlemen! - and she tracked one down and asked a completely stranger some thousand miles away to customize one, I needed to support that idea in any possible way. So I did not only part with my original custom but went ahead and made a custom package for him as well.

:ninja::wub:

McNinja-Minimate-In-Box-01.jpg McNinja-Minimate-In-Box-02.jpg

More pics over at my flickr page.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys. The tube package came with that ninja flash drive and I kept it, because it was the perfect size for a single minimate.

Bob, that's awesome of you to do. You're a better man than me.

Also, with the MVC3 Wesker coming out you can probably recover the parts pretty easily

I won't respond to the first sentence, but the second one in mind let me part with my custom a lot easier. ;)

That was a really nice thing you did, Bob. Of course, we expect nothing else from the Germans! It's like your own personal Euro bailout! :biggrin:

What parts do you need to recreate him for yourself? I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I'd be willing to send some pieces your way. I can definitely send you a spare necktie, and I think I've got a Gambit coat as well (I'll have to look).

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to point out that I gave a mini-shoutout to Bob in my interview with Ethan Nicolle of Axe Cop fame. I'll apologize for not showing a picture of his custom, which I had every intention of doing, but totally forgot to add it. It seems things like that happen when you wait until the last minute to meet a deadline and haev to write with a migraine. I plan on showing off a picture of his Axe Cop Minimate in next weeks blog.

Once again, kudos to you, Bob Harris, for your amazing work!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Oh my God! I just realized I haven't done any custom this year! None. Nada. Nichts. Zéro. I so have to change this! :yes:

YES you do :biggrin: This is not like you,must be a busy year.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while! After the last customs were Arkham Asylum inspired characters, why not displaying this guy for starters. Ladies and gentlmen, here's my take on

The Batman

Since the DC Minimates line was canceled, amazing developments have taken place. Details and sculpted parts have become pretty regular in recent releases. So for customizing an updated Batman I wanted to use some of those parts. I wanted him to be a little bulked up, but not let him look huge. I also liked the Nolan idea to use a military armor suit as the Batsuit and tried to include this idea here. Oh, and he really needed a new cape! I like how it turned out, but am not satisfied with his eyes. I can't really put my finger on the problem. Is it the placement? The way I've painted them? Don't know. It's a pretty down to earth custom, nothing too fancy but with some nice detail.

Recipe: I sticked to the mask and "gloves" coming with Chemical Warehouse Batman. His utility belt belongs to WW2 Cap. His chest piece is from some Halo Spartan. The Bat logo on his chest is sculpted. His cape is based on Black Panther's cape with the whole big collar cut off and added to the chest piece with some apoxie sculpt. His boots came with IM2 War Machine and let me just say, those boots are the finest sculpted foot wear DST ever did! They don't make the feet look huge, but still add this little extra. Amazing parts! I'm sure I'm not the first to use those, but I can higly recommand to try them out if you need something like that.

Click on any of these pics to see more of him on my flickr page.

Batman-Minimate-01.jpg Batman-Minimate-05.jpg

"I'm Batman. No really. I'm Batman."

Fun Batman - great choice of parts for him.

I think the problem with the eyes is they're too close together. It's always bugged me about the C3 Batman cowl. If you're able to somehow move them a little further apart, I think he'd look fine.

Thanks a lot guys! Glad to be back in "business". :tongue:

And I guess you're right with the eyes being to close together. I tried a lot of different ways to place them. One of the biggest problems is, that there are just a few faces that work with the mask at all. If you look at where the eyes are and compare them to the mouth, Bruce must have a really "long face". I tried to place them a little lower but that looked as if his eyes were right next to his nose - well, if you imagine a Minimate has something like that. I really, really like that mask, but it's not working very well.

Awesome work, Bob. I love the matte grey and brown colors.

I really like those colors, too! Actually, the next guy is wearing a costume with the same greyish color scheme. And while he's something like a "Dark Knight", too, he's coming from different 'verse which I visited before... :whistling:

amazing figure like usualy Bob. My only complaint would be the actual bat symobol, looks a bit sloppy, though i see how difficult it must be to sculpt something at that scale