UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bob's Customs - Assassin's Creed II Ezio, p.29

Here's the second Marvel character I announced to customize although I'm pretty sure we're going to see him in the near future as an original mate:

The Hood

I was with Wolverine when we first met the Hood in New Avengers #33 in that bar and I really liked Robbins' appearance, simple casual street wear and that huge cloak with the - well - hood. He later on caught my interest when I found out that he becomes the super villains' Kingpin. That was a really cool idea in my eyes and I think the Hood actually is one of the most exciting new created characters Marvel came up with in the last years. And ever since I got my hands on that awesome Cloak parts - some of the coolest sculpted parts ever in my eyes - I wanted to use them for a custom.

The recipe for his Parker Robbins appearance is pretty easy. I tried a few shirts for him and I liked this one best. It originally belongs to the Man With No Name. The hood of course belongs to Cloak. For Hood's Nisanti demon appearance I used a decal for his face and modified Spider-Carnage hands.

Hood-front.jpgHood-back.jpg

Hood-jump.jpgHood-daemon.jpg

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hood-daemon.jpg

Not familiar with this guy, but ol' Demon Face here looks awesome! The "Big, Bad Wolf" would think twice before eating this guy's grandma, I would wager.

Great work as usual, Bob.

I like the Hood custom , your color choice is spot on although I would have chosen a different face. The Kiefer Sutherland face is too distracting. Plus I am fairly sure that Parker Robins is not blond. and to be fair this is where we technically first met Parker Robins.

the%20hood.jpg

Thanks a lot for the kind words, folks! :D

The "Big, Bad Wolf" would think twice before eating this guy's grandma, I would wager.

Like Qui-Gon Jinn says, there's always a bigger fish.

I like the Hood custom , your color choice is spot on although I would have chosen a different face. The Kiefer Sutherland face is too distracting. Plus I am fairly sure that Parker Robins is not blond. and to be fair this is where we technically first met Parker Robins.

I haven't read neither his origins nor his earlier stories. Like I said, I met him for the first time in NA#33, therefore I only know Hood portrayed by Leinil Yu in his edgy (?) style and I thought Sutherland's face with the determined expression and the bristles fits Hood's pretty well. But you are right, he isn't blonde. Didn't realize that! :P

Thanks for the critique Minimadman!

I originally didn't intend to do his demon form as well, but then I saw Carnage's hands in my custom fodder box and painted and sculpted them a litte to take that second pic where you only see his back and the hands. I really liked it and then I had a little free time on my hands and received new decal papers so I thought why not give him a try. :D Glad you like it.

The Hood looks wicked cool Bob! Seemed like mere weeks ago when all I kept hearing about the Hood from other comic readers was that he was a lame-o character or something (:confused:)... yet somehow you managed to bring out the guy's bad-assness in 2" block figure form! :thumbsup:

Like Qui-Gon Jinn says, there's always a bigger fish.

Oh God...

(I just couldn't resist :lol:)

Thanks a lot North!

I think what makes him kind of cool for me as a character is the combination of this pretty unspectacular appereance - I mean come on, regular street-wear and a red hood?!? - and him growing to be the super-villains' Kingpin gathering and controlling that whole bunch. I really like that thought and his mysterious pulling strings behind the scenes.

But as a mate that cloak is just awesome! (thanks AA/DST!)

And for the Drath&Droids: great one!

Here is what I created for Fujis' great "Charitymates III: The Mind's Eye" projet:

Lewis Carroll's Mad Hatter

I wanted to do a book character that isn't the story's protagonist but iconic enough to be recognizable in it's 2" incarnation. Carroll's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" offers a whole truckload of those characters and since I looked through my parts bin I thought that weired unbirthday celebrating guy would work great as a Minimate. I based my design on Sir John Tenniel's drawings which you can see below.

The recipe is pretty simple: hat and bow tie are Milliput, his tailcoat belongs to Warehouse Joker and that crazy collar of his shirt actually is from Booster Gold. The face is a decal.

Hatter-front.jpgHatter-back.jpg

Hatter-seite.jpgHatter-bild.jpg

Edited by Bob Harris

Well, it was a very productive weekend for customs.

Now seriously. It was pretty productive for me as well. Infact I felt a little zugzwang (I just realized that you folks adopted that term! Now that speaks volumes about Germans... :blink: ) since evrybody comes up with four-packs lately, so I thought about a topic and did a four-pack - at least four customs as a series - myself.

Since I think that idea for a teaser the folks at AFX came up with was great, great fun, I thought, well, why not give it a try and make a guessing game.

OK, this is no contest, it's just for fun and you can't win anything, but maybe you'll like to guess the celebs here. Do you know who these four mates might be? I'm not sure whether I should give you a hint. Let's just see what happens. :D

Ladies and gentlemen I present can you guess all four?

post-2080-1243949533_thumb.jpg