UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bob's Customs - Assassin's Creed II Ezio, p.29

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Terrific job, Bob! :thumbsup: Now that's a mighty beautiful custom. I've actually seen a copy of Transmetropolitan at the bookstore near our school, been thinking about getting it. Alas, I am still legally poor :(

Thanks!

I guess Transmetropolitan is less popular than I thought.

Terrific job, Bob! :thumbsup: Now that's a mighty beautiful custom. I've actually seen a copy of Transmetropolitan at the bookstore near our school, been thinking about getting it. Alas, I am still legally poor :(

You should give it a try, Raider. It's pretty cynical, sarcastic and crazy, but in a very intelligent and clever way. The way I assess you and got to know your comic preferences so far, I think you might like Mr. Jerusalem and the way he rants about politics, society and religion. You're sophisticated to get the joke and not feel offended, I guess. You should get the first volume for less than 10$ in Comic Shops or even eBay. It collects the first three issues (I think) and provides you the very basic setting of the whole story and you get to know Jerusalem very well. I'm currently reading the third TPB and it's getting better and better.

Edited by Bob Harris

• 2 weeks later...

So there are a few Transmetropolitan fans out there in the Multiverse at last. Thanks a lot!

Meanwhile Custom Con 22 showcased a few very cool Minimate customs by fellow 'versers and I'm proud my Planet Hulk mates were shown there as well. (OK, I guess they'd display just everything you send them, so "being proud" is, well, not the right term.) But I am honored that little Green Scar and Silver Savage are picked as the "stars of day 4" over at toycutter! Yay!

PH-opponents.jpgPH-arena.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

While I was working on my charitymate I came up with the idea of two Marvel characters I wanted to see as minimates being pretty easy to customize. So ladies and gentlemen first here is:

Nick Fury

When I came back to read Marvel comics two years ago I actually didn't remember Nick Fury very well. I stopped reading superhero comics some ten years ago and I wasn't really interested in this agent of SHIELD thing back then. First time our ways crossed again were when he secretly met Jessica Drew and had already exchanched his uniform for a brown coat. I got to know that he was dishonorable discharged from SHIELD after something called his "Secret War" and I liked Fury as this new ex-director of SHIELD going underground but still being a mighty and legendary man in the background.

Then there was Secret Invasion and with Mighty Avengers #12 and the following issues Alex Maleev - one of my favorite Marvel artists when it comes to the quiet moments - reintroduced Fury in a manner I totally fell in love with - that is before he was running wild with this extraordinary huge gun during the Central Park battle. However, since I was never satisfied with the SHIELD Fury we officially got as a mate I just had to do an updated version of him. The recipe obviously is pretty simple: I used a modified decal for Fury's face based on Luke's incredible Snake Plissken design and most of the parts belong to movie Sabertooth.

NF-coat.jpgNF-SHIELD.jpg

NF-you.jpgNF-decoy.jpg

The inflationary use of Life Model Decoys by Fury is a very ambivalent idea: on the one hand it's pretty annoying, but on the other hand it's pretty exciting as well. So, you see a LMD 1.0 head in those pics and an upgraded version as well, but who is the real Nick Fury?

Nice work, Bob! :thumbsup: (I figured after all this time of lurking in this thread of yours I should actually post.)

But I have to ask, whose hairpiece did you use for the blue-outfitted Fury in the second set of photos (the one holding the head)?

So, you see a LMD 1.0 head in those pics and an upgraded version as well, but who is the real Nick Fury?

He's the one taking the pictures silly, he'd never put himself willingly in front of a camera ;)

Awesome job Bob! Who's next on the custom list?

T.

Thanks a lot for the comments, folks! I really do appreciate that! :D

But I have to ask, whose hairpiece did you use for the blue-outfitted Fury in the second set of photos (the one holding the head)?

I have to admit that using that hairpiece on Fury's head somehow brought him to mind. Actually it's Auqaman's hair piece so now we all know: at least for his LMDs Fury dyes hair! :ohmy:

Anyway, glad you decided to post, Jenny. Feel free to come back. :D

So, you see a LMD 1.0 head in those pics and an upgraded version as well, but who is the real Nick Fury?

He's the one taking the pictures silly, he'd never put himself willingly in front of a camera ;)

Awesome job Bob! Who's next on the custom list?

T.

It takes some staff members to actually figure out things like that. Good job, T! I bet identifying one of Fury's LMDs is part of becoming a stuff member, right?

And you'll see next week who's next on my list. :)

Thanks again for your comments! :D

I was asked via PM whether I'd be willing to sell my Fury custom. I honestly feel honored, really, but I had to decline the offer because of two reasons: First - and that is less important - I like that Fury custom a lot and just want to keep it. Second is - and that's the reason I'm actually writing this post at all -, I used a modified decal kindly offered by Luke's great and inspiring Minimate Factory. That means I'm not the owner of that piece of art and therefore not only not allowed (since the declas are officially licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works license) but also not willing to sell it, because I wouldn't feel comfortable. Of course I did that custome by myself and I also did the face modification by myself, but I think I still used (major) parts that aren't my original creation and therefore I must not sell it. I'm fine with that and the decals presented over at the Factory are there to be used for that particular reason, that is for private purposes.

I don't know how you feel about that, but since it was addressed to me, I just wanted to point that out.

Thanks for bringing this up, Bob. I set up the decal gallery over at the Factory so that everyone here can use them for their own personal collections. Its almost like borrowing a book from the library. You can take it home and enjoy it, but you certainly aren't allowed to sell it. The difference here is that you don't have to give the decals back. You can make yourself an entire army of Hellfire goons if you want to. But the only way a collective gallery like this will work is if everyone plays by the rules and only uses the decals for private, non-commercial purposes.

If someone wants a custom that uses one of the decals at the Factory, why not take the opportunity to show them how easy it is to make it for themselves? Like the old saying goes - “Give a man a fish, you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish, and you have fed him for a lifetime”