Photo
- - - - -

Minimates Central - Technical Issues Mean No Updates. Apologies!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Danny

Danny

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:55 AM

I agree, I think they did a great job with the civilian figs when it's clear the budgets were majorly skewed towards the armours.
Come see the all-new, all-different Minimates Central!

#22 Rad

Rad

Thread Necromancy - 15 years in Iso, Creep!

• 3,469 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:55 AM

TM2/Danny you're entitled to your opinions, and I appreciate you sharing. But I'm right! tongue.gif

#23 Danny

Danny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:14 AM

Regardless of who's right or wrong (hint: I'm right wink.gif) Those were some great reviews there anyway Rad. Made me actually purchase the wave biggrin.gif

#24 Rad

Rad

• 3,469 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:27 AM

I'm oldest therefore I'm right (this argument works with my kid) wink.gif

#25 NorthRaider

NorthRaider

I Missed The Kangpocalypse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:11 PM

BHM! Get your butt over here and prove Rad is wrong! laugh.gif

P.S. I think it would be fun if we started a new thread in case anybody wanted to discuss MMC's review ratings. I know there were some reviews I was mildly interested in contesting... but please, no flame wars smile.gif
Posted Image
*But really I'm for anything that'll help Chuck see clearer and diversify the line even more, so that everyone will be happy. Also, I still want Inhumans even though DST said that might take take a while. Also also, I really do not understand DC's decision-making process sometimes. Also also also, the Book of Minimates needs to become a real thing. Also also also also, I'm still looking for Femme Fatales Minimates.

#26 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

No longer a TRU.com customer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,617 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:30 PM

It's nice to be wanted ...even though it's because you're old sad.gif ....& unthreatening rolleyes.gif

....however I am not confrontational currently & I do not wish to involve myself in any puerile flame-war ......

... although things change wink.gif

Minimate Central & it's contributors is a damn fine cup of coffee. Love it , always have.

"..........I've got BHM beat when it comes to Hammers" -  youbastards

#27 Rad

Rad

• 3,469 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:53 AM

The thing to remember is that any review is entirely subjective from the point of view of the reviewer. Danny has often disagreed with points I've made during my reviews and I respect his opinion, but I would never go back and change a review on that basis.

#28 Danny

Danny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:47 AM

Yeah it's just one persons opinion at the end of the day and not to be treated as gospel. I'll set up a new thread for discussion though as it is always good to get feedback.

Oh and just to clarify Rad's point, I have never asked him to change something to bring it into line with what I think. That would destroy the whole point of having an independent reviewer.

#29 Rad

Rad

• 3,469 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:13 AM

Sorry mate, didn't mean to suggest that had ever happened. Oopsie! smile.gif

#30 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Be true to yourself... Even if that means being 'normal.'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,299 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:06 AM

Oh I wasn't suggesting you change anything! I was just offering a second view point.
Posted Image

No, he's right -- not making that one character doomed the line. Doomed, I tell you. The minute we left him out of Series 1 a raven flew through our window. And killed an intern.

#31 wallbreaker2.0

wallbreaker2.0

Guess what time it is!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:09 PM

So what exactly does "bandwith exceeded" mean anyway? Is there too many people visiting or is there too much information in the website or what?
I can smell into the future.

#32 Danny

Danny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:34 AM

The "Bandwidth exceeded" message comes up when the alloted quota of bandwidth used by visitors to the site has been used up. Minimates Central is allowed 25Gb a month. Currently almost 1Gb of bandwidth is used per day.

Web hosting services all have different amounts of bandwidth you can buy in their packages. The more bandwidth you buy - ie the more popular your site is - the costlier the web hosting is. That's why a lot of sites have Paypal donation buttons or sponsor's adverts etc. Minimates Central has always been advert-free and I have never taken any donations as it's something I run as a hobby and I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable taking people's money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users