UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MMV 2008 Hunt Buddies thread!

TBT!

here is may pal for this year: Travis!

PICT0386.jpg

I have a description and another pic in my customs thread.

I will get the contest proper up tomorrow and that will obviously have a time limit though.

i will be gone tomorrow morining, until friday night, i won't miss anything, right?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is ok, then I'm in.. now what do we do?

To quote a great action movie cliche: "Now. . .we wait."

Or you could go here and see that I posted the main contest this morning ;)

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&p=79187

Yeah it's slightly quirkier than last year but I decided NOT to use any of the same challenges etc and coming up with new stuff this time round was trickier!

Good luck everyone and remember it's all about having fun and Bribing the judges*...

T.

*The judges will not be announced until after judging has finished!

Just checked out the list, this one is going to be an interesting contest T!

Quickly though, Is cropping allowed (in Photoshop) or should that be done In shoot?

Ideally in shoot...

However I know that point and shoot cameras aren't always perfect at lining up the shot, so might allow cropping if it's not too blatent and then only straight edges keeping a rectangular photo shape. Other things I might let slip are minor brightness/contrast adjustments to the whole image. Otherwise post as is, you are more likely to get docked points for fiddling with your image digitally than it not being perfect.

As per last year the reason for the no photoshop rule is simply to get you to take the photo's with real stuff not photoshop things in afterwards.

T.

Ok heres an interesting question....for the points.....for example, in #11 pic of your mate having a party with other toys. If you just put your mate with a bunch of others toys do you get the full five points? Or do you give five points if they all have little paper hats and noise makers and stuff...and three if they are just a gang of toys?

I guess what im asking is, full 5 points regardless?

:P Im sooo excited!!

Ok heres an interesting question....for the points.....for example, in #11 pic of your mate having a party with other toys. If you just put your mate with a bunch of others toys do you get the full five points? Or do you give five points if they all have little paper hats and noise makers and stuff...and three if they are just a gang of toys?

I'm thinking it is out of a possible 5 points......i could be wrong though.

It's a fixed 5 points. However just throwing a bunch of mates together and taking a pic doens't mean you'll get those points, The challenge is to take a picture of a party, if it doesn't obviously look like a party you wont get points.

Also you won't be likely to get any bonus points from judges for cool/fun images.

The idea of the contest is to have some fun and take fun and entertaining pix not just rattle through to see if you win a prize!

T.

It's a fixed 5 points. However just throwing a bunch of mates together and taking a pic doens't mean you'll get those points, The challenge is to take a picture of a party, if it doesn't obviously look like a party you wont get points.

Also you won't be likely to get any bonus points from judges for cool/fun images.

The idea of the contest is to have some fun and take fun and entertaining pix not just rattle through to see if you win a prize!

T.

Cool! Im going to start taking my pics this weekend!! :biggrin:

I've decided to team up with Agent 47

Picture011.jpg

I plan on starting tomorrow.