mercenary / hit squad

Edited by dj87

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm kind of outside the loop in regards to DC comics, but those all look great and match my expectations of the characters. I agree that the black and gray Batman is the superior. I feel your pain about customs becoming obsolete thanks to official releases. To date, I've had Mysterio, Namor, Modern Iron Man, Gold Armor Iron Man, Civil War Spider-Man, US Agent, Taskmaster, Giant Man, Ice Man, Beast, Apocalypse, War Machine, Cloak, Dagger, Sentry, and zombie versions of Cap, Wolvie, Spidey, Iron Man, Giant Man, Luke Cage, Hulk, Wasp, and Black Panther all rendered useless by official versions. Still, it doesn't sting as much when the official release is done right.

Oh, back to the point, great job!

They look pretty good. One thing stands out though - I don't think Black Adam wears a cape. Other than that, good job!

Black Adam does wear a cape, but not often. He's usually seen wearing it on more formal occasions, like weddings or press conferences. (I've been doing my research for my own custom).

post-66-1211905500_thumb.jpg

Edited by boyd

cheers guys for the kind words, means alot having seen some of the stuff some of you have done!

and yeah, i black adam doesn't always/often wear his cape, but he does sometimes so i thought i might as well leave it on... it can always be removed when hes off ripping people in half

• 9 months later...

righto, it's been a while... I've been very busy with life n' such for quite some time, these three I actually

finished last summer, but haven't got around to sticking them up here for y'all. Fingers crossed i'll have a

bit more free time from now on, so i'll be able to get back into customising on a regular basis.

Ras al Ghul

pretty straight forward, cape (collar cut down) and skirty thing are from dr.strange, re-painted. Hair is

Dr.Strange as well I believe, but I definately altered it... somehow, a bit. Defenders' Namor chest, Valkyrie

sword (yes, I had a spare Defenders box kicking around). The head was a Dr.Fate, blackened eyebrows,

removed the goatee and stuck his tufty bits on.

DSC00038.jpg

Superboy

Jeans and head from one of the McFlys, BTTF series 1 I think. Chest (and hair) were BD Supes, obv.

DSC00039.jpg

Wonder Girl

Cassie, this is pretty much what she look like when I first really became aware of her, used one of the

pictures on DC wiki as source material. Gwen Stacy head/hair. Altered Wonder Woman torso, and the

trainers were from the same BTTF McFly.

DSC00040.jpg

Hope you like, may have a couple more up in the next few days.

oh... and while we're here, some 'control art' for the two-face I keep putting off... really want to save it for

a time I can give it my full attention).

bitopaper.jpg

Edited by bobafett

• 1 month later...

now, all i've got is a pretty average camera phone, so the photo quality is far from great, but its the best I can do! I think the important parts are in focus at least.

Business Suit Lex Luthor

i've not made many customs, but I was far from happy with my original, so decided to re-do this one as i'd always intended, with a proper suit chest piece (President Parmer, 24... I believe!). Twas a toss up between the president and the animated look.

DSC00070.jpg

The Super Jew

well, this one I finished some time ago... its me, the Super Jew! A British hero from WWII, who fought alongside Captain America, before joining the modern day Justice League! Completely repainted, C3 Batman belt, the wrist thingys came from Wonder Woman, I think. Head and hair from the SM3 Peters.

DSC00072.jpg

Black Canary

This was VERY heavily influenced by Glantern's... although I opted for bare legs, and slightly shorter sleeves on the jacket.

DSC00055.jpg

Any comments are more than welcome, hope you guys like 'em

Edited by bobafett

thanks for all the kind words guys/gals

Glantern - oh, trust me... a lot of your stuff is on my 'to do' list, with that impressive grid of DC designs n' what not.

Nessex - funny you should say that... I don't want to rush him and i'm very busy at the moment (final few weeks of university), so in the mean time i've been working on Poison Ivy and Scarecrow!

just peered up at my mates' shelf... other WIPs that are visible (not having fallen over!) are Jim Gordon, Animal Man anf a 3" Hulk

• 1 month later...

here is my entry for the vanilla mate contest...

Metamorpho

he is a basic mate, completely re-painted. As soon as I have some spares I intend to add SM3 Sandman arm pieces. A couple more pictures are in the contest thread.

DSC00067.jpg

Oh, while we're here, this a nice quick fix for Doctor Octopus... a nice pair of movie SHS tenticles.

DSC00050.jpg

... the movie SHS glider, with a quick paint job, is also v.cool.

Edited by bobafett

I didn't read your first post before and I gotta agree with you on official 'Mates being made after customs.

Honestly, what were the odds that they would make Red Son Superman?

And do Doc Ock's tentacle's bend? Either was, big improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm afraid they don't, but I agree... it's a massive improvement!

so, a few more...

Poison Ivy

heavily modified Star Sapphire head, Starfire hair, and gloves from Dr.Fate.

mainly influenced by Jim Lee's Ivy.

DSC00077.jpg

Two-Face

finally! suit from BSG's Vice President Baltar, coin cut out form an old cape, and a Brick Arms revolver.

The face (and half the hair) is from BSG's Admiral Adama, with the glasses removed. The rest of the hair is from

Defender's Hulk... both hair pieces were cut slightly over half, and then sanded until they fit together perfectly.

main influences were my own interpretation of Dent, as well as The Long Halloween, and the Animated Series.

DSC00076.jpg

The Red Hood

pretty simple, entirely repainted mate, with a Scarlett Witch cape, and a repainted Giant Man slip-over mask.

DSC00078.jpg

As always, thanks for looking, hope you enjoy!

Edited by bobafett

Two-Face looks very coll! Well done!

You might work a little on your pics, I guess. Spending a lot of time to customize those mates should result in a cool picture to showcase your work. I'm not talking about lightboxes and stuff - I don't use those things either althought I bet you'd come up with outstanding pics - but it's a pitty that your mates are mostly blurry. I see that the objects in the background are pretty clear and on focus, so I'd suggest to not taking close ups - at least not as close as you might right now taking them - but take the pic from a little distance. Afterwards you can cut them just the way you like to have them with some software like Image or even Gimp. (If you don't have pro software.)

I'm not bitching, don't get me wrong. Just a thought how you might improve your pics.

:thumbsup:

Oh WOW!

Two face looks manic! I Love the charterisation in the deformed side of his face :)

Ivy is fantastic. Good call on using Star Saphhire's hair. One thing i would possibly change is her eyes: maybe make the whites of her eyes white so they pop a little more. Other than that, she is awesome. I think highlighting her body form with the lighter green rather than white or black is perfect.

Red hood is great too! Even made of recycled parts, he looks just how the comic art dictates he should.

Great work all round!

• 2 weeks later...

cheers for comments and suggestions gang

glad you like Nessex, especially after the Bat villains build-up. I assure you, the eyes look a little better in real life, and quite frankly, I'd be terrified to completely ruin the whole thing if I started farting around with it again.

Bobbo... i certainly know what you're saying, and it does feel a bit of a let down not being able to get v.good pics. I've not very good tools for the job what so ever, for all the mates i've done in the last few months i've actually taken a dozen or so pictures of each... those are the best, believe it or not. I do appreciate the advise, when I next have some time on my hands, I'll give them another go.

• 1 month later...

here are a few things i've got done during a busy summer working:

first off, I made small alterations to Super Boy (head) and Black Canary (sleeves)

DSC01109.jpgDSC01108.jpg

Green Lantern - Alan Scott

seems to be a popular recipe, Aquaman parts, plus an Ocean Master cape (which I remembered to paint green on the inside). Belt from... somewhere.

DSC01102.jpg

Superman-Prime

with all these GLs, Sinestro needs buddies (i'm also working on a Parallax and Anti-Monitor). Head, hair and belt from BD Superman.

DSC01118.jpg

and, as the GLC is severely lacking in female representation...

Arisia

Power Girl head & hair, and cut-down Nina (24) skirt piece.

DSC01117.jpg

Natu

BSG (Apollo?) hair, modified Scarlet Witch face and cut down Star Sapphire collar.

DSC01107.jpg

having made a few villains to keep Batman busy, it was Superman's turn...

General Zod

v.modified Dr.Strange head and Mary Marvel skirt piece, with that balding hair piece a few 24 mates have.

DSC01105.jpg

Parasite

classic comic look. completely repainted Bullseye (old one, obv.)

DSC01103.jpg

Metallo

tiny modifications to the Half Human Terminator... bit of green in the eye and chest, for Kryptonitesque effect

DSC01106.jpg

enjoy! comments always welcome