75 replies to this topic

#41 Faust

Faust

Mini-Addicted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

I originally just got the animated Mr.Freeze. But, he looked lonely so I got a animated batman. No giant boobs! Would have got harley too but there is no animated joker kubrick. sad.gif

Edited by Faust, 16 March 2009 - 09:48 PM.

Check out my Minimates+c3, kubricks and mez-itz minifigs for sale at http://www.minimatem...post&pid=201368

#42 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (Faust @ Mar 16 2009, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I originally just got the animated Mr.Freeze. But, he looked lonely so I got a animated batman. No giant boobs! Would have got harley too but there is no animated joker kubrick. sad.gif

There are Nicholson and Ledger Jokers. Ledger Joker sucks, though.

#43 minijeff

minijeff

Mini-Maniac

• No Trade
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:49 PM

So I have to admit I have a few of these....Halo 3 set, a Hobgoblin which was dissected for parts(mostly his glider), a Tony the Tiger(really really wanted the Kelloggs minimates), a Prof X which may get dissected for his hover chair, a bunch of Aliens ones(thanks Sam!), some random guy that was passed along to me which I am told I have to grill BHM about who it is...all the while I pick up a random one it always amounts to the same thing...they look good in a picture but once I have one in hand its not so great.....the Aliens ones were the first glimmer of an exception....the queen varies from the typical kubrick body type so she doesnt count but the warrior was fantastic! I may have to get another one or two of that one! Then I get a package in the mail today and in it among the minimate treasures is the kubrick Havok. I love this costume of Havoks...the 90's X-Factor suit with the jacket....so visually that part is win....but there is something else...for some reason this kubrick doesn't fail in hand like the ones before it did....I cant explain it but this one looks good to me

Jeff of the Miniacs
Check out my BLOG! A minimate a day!! http://portraitofana...on.blogspot.ca/

Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:48 PM

Yeah, Kubricks can be a bit hit-or-miss. I think most of them are pretty great once you get used to them, but those Marvel ones. . .for the most part, they just aren't that great, particularly compared to the Minimates (of course). I still like them for what they are, but they certainly aren't the best figures that Medicom has produced in my opinion. The Alien, Star Wars, and Metal Gear figures have to be my favorites. Some of the Batmen are OK, some are kind of lame. The Muppets aren't as great as I would have hoped, though Kermit and Gonzo are pretty good.

#45 minijeff

minijeff

Mini-Maniac

• No Trade
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

The alien ones so far rank pretty high on my list.....I am glad to not have any of the star wars ones cuz that could lead to a more invested interest, the original trilogy being a childhood fave that has carried through to now.....I like my off color oscar the grouch too....I dont why this havok has struck as a nice looking one, something about it has sat it apart from all the other marvel ones which I really have little to no interest in getting

Jeff of the Miniacs
Check out my BLOG! A minimate a day!! http://portraitofana...on.blogspot.ca/

Posted ImagePosted Image

#46 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:48 PM

Probably the most bizarre kubrick I have ever seen .....please be original if you wish to comment biggrin.gif http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=270374930988

#47 Bob Harris

Bob Harris

What do you think?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:29 PM

We were once talking about her being minimaterized, but I never wanted to actually see Granny Hog naked! sick.gif

#48 Punisher

Punisher

C'mon, cat.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

Did somebody say Granny Hog?

#49 Nessex

Nessex

Aaaaand Kang beat Toad. Crushed :(

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,187 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (minijeff @ Apr 7 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then I get a package in the mail today and in it among the minimate treasures is the kubrick Havok. I love this costume of Havoks...the 90's X-Factor suit with the jacket....so visually that part is win....but there is something else...for some reason this kubrick doesn't fail in hand like the ones before it did....I cant explain it but this one looks good to me

Jeff of the Miniacs

This guy was one of the reasons i started considering Kubricks. Even though the Storm, colossus, Jean Grey figures semmed to fail, the Havoc one always looked great - and it is from the era that i first started reading X-Men comics. Damn, i'd love some 90's X-Fator 'Mates. I'd even settle for a Kubrick Random figure.

Current Top 10 Wish List: Spiral; Stryfe; Silver Samurai; GSXM Sunfire; Mojo; Toad; Wasp Enchantress; Strong Guy & Deathbird.
MMMV-CW-Gideon.jpg
Haves/Wants UPDATED October 21st, 2014 (REALLY want a White Funko Pop Phoenix)

#50 Twisted Two-Face

Twisted Two-Face

"You and I remember Budapest VERY differently"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:42 PM

Dreadfully off-topic, but quick question. how rare is the Alien set with Ripley and Aliens?? My LCS just got one in, and i've been looking at it for a few weeks now...

2f03r5z.jpg

WINTER SOLDIER 2012 2013

VICTORY.

#51 Punisher

Punisher

C'mon, cat.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

With the power loader?

I bid on one today, and didn't win ti. It went up to 30 dollars plus shipping.

#52 homestar17

homestar17

I can't think of a cool one right now.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (buttheadsmate @ Apr 15 2009, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably the most bizarre kubrick I have ever seen .....please be original if you wish to comment biggrin.gif http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=270374930988

BHM, I have no idea if you'd consider my post original or not, but here it is regardless. wink.gif To me, this auction seems sort of silly. I mean, he advertises in his listing that the fig is marked "not for resale," yet he's doing so anyway. That's just asking for his auction to get yanked or for him to get reported.

Makes me think of those "America's/World's Dumbest Criminals" videos that they show on TV. (Not saying that what he's doing is criminal, just dumb.)

It's all about the 'fro, baby!

Check out my haves/wants -- updated Aug 15

#53 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (homestar17 @ Apr 16 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BHM, I have no idea if you'd consider my post original or not, but here it is regardless. wink.gif To me, this auction seems sort of silly. I mean, he advertises in his listing that the fig is marked "not for resale," yet he's doing so anyway. That's just asking for his auction to get yanked or for him to get reported.

Makes me think of those "America's/World's Dumbest Criminals" videos that they show on TV. (Not saying that what he's doing is criminal, just dumb.)

"Not for resale" is printed on many Kubrick promos/give-aways & is a 'loop-hole' marketing technique which allows Medicom to produce various characters without infringing licensing arrangements. If I use the 'Fantastic Four' kubricks as an example - these were GIVEN AWAY as a promotional item at a Film Premiere or DVD release at a point in time where Medicom were perhaps not holders of the licence to SELL those Kubrick versions of the FF in Japan . The words "not for resale" attempts to cover Medicom's ass. Please excuse the caps which I'm using to emphasise the fine line being trod. Kubricks are rarely sold officially outside of Nippon.

My explanation is the best I can do without my attorney present. wink.gif

#54 Twisted Two-Face

Twisted Two-Face

"You and I remember Budapest VERY differently"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (the punisher=D @ Apr 15 2009, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the power loader?

That's nothing. It's priced at 60.

Yes, with the loader. wink.gif

2f03r5z.jpg

WINTER SOLDIER 2012 2013

VICTORY.

#55 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (Twisted Two-Face @ Apr 16 2009, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (the punisher=D @ Apr 15 2009, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the power loader?

That's nothing. It's priced at 60.

Yes, with the loader. wink.gif

Plus shipping http://www.toynk.com...DELUXE_SET.html

#56 NorthRaider

NorthRaider

I Missed The Kangpocalypse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (buttheadsmate @ Apr 15 2009, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Er... congratulations on your new lady Kubrick? laugh.gif

(Still trying to work out the logic of what makes it a zombie Granny...)
Posted Image
*But really I'm for anything that'll help Chuck see clearer and diversify the line even more, so that everyone will be happy. Also, I still want Inhumans even though DST said that might take take a while. Also also, I really do not understand DC's decision-making process sometimes. Also also also, the Book of Minimates needs to become a real thing. Also also also also, I'm still looking for Femme Fatales Minimates.

#57 groucho

groucho

Mini-Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:59 PM

tron set a,b,c,d and bearbrick tron. just started working on alien and plan to someday own the max rebo set....

#58 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:01 PM

The Tron and Max Rebo Kubrick sets are among the few that I don't yet have, but would like to one day. The Max Rebo band is ridiculously expensive, though.

#59 Shanester

Shanester

Jerkface

• Root Admin
  • 11,077 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:29 AM

I want Tarkin! Why did they make him a chase?! yucky.gif

Growing old is inevitable… growing up is optional.

#60 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Shanester @ Jan 7 2010, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want Tarkin! Why did they make him a chase?! yucky.gif

So that they can re-release him at a later date sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users