75 replies to this topic

#21 homestar17

homestar17

I can't think of a cool one right now.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

I'd call myself a dabbler, except the only one I had any interest in is Bossk from Star Wars. Now that I've finally been able to own him, I'm done. I haven't seen any others that I feel the need to own.

Jenny

PS - Bossk rules! smile.gif

It's all about the 'fro, baby!

Check out my haves/wants -- updated Aug 15

#22 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,177 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:57 PM

Surely that Bossk isn't enough. Have you seen similarly ugly Star Wars characters like these:

http://www.jedidefen...snagr_close.jpg
http://www.jedidefen...ckbar_close.jpg
http://www.jedidefen...guard_front.jpg

I got these three in the mail today, and they are awesome. Buying one Kubrick is like eating one potato chip.

#23 homestar17

homestar17

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Aug 28 2008, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Surely that Bossk isn't enough. Have you seen similarly ugly Star Wars characters like these:

http://www.jedidefen...snagr_close.jpg
http://www.jedidefen...ckbar_close.jpg
http://www.jedidefen...guard_front.jpg

I got these three in the mail today, and they are awesome. Buying one Kubrick is like eating one potato chip.

OK, I forgot about Ackbar. "It's a trap!!" That's why I'd want him -- for his famous quote -- & there are no Lego minifigs of him as of yet. The first guy, Snaggletooth, was my brother's favorite figure growing up (aside from Max Rebo & his band).

#24 pickle

pickle

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:38 AM

blink.gif

Oh my goodness homestar17, this is like reading my own childhood. Snaggletooth was my top Star Wars character when I was a kid, along side the the Max Rebo Band. Very strange, very strange indeed. That is a great quote though, I say it quite often I am sad to say. "It's a trap!"

#25 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,177 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:55 AM

Well, if you guys have 200 bucks to spare, the Max Rebo minifigure band could be yours!

http://www.jedidefen...bmaxreboset.php

http://cgi.ebay.com/...Q2em118Q2el1247

Edited by karamazov80, 29 August 2008 - 06:56 AM.

#26 homestar17

homestar17

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (pickle @ Aug 29 2008, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blink.gif

Oh my goodness homestar17, this is like reading my own childhood. Snaggletooth was my top Star Wars character when I was a kid, along side the the Max Rebo Band. Very strange, very strange indeed. That is a great quote though, I say it quite often I am sad to say. "It's a trap!"

pickle --

If you weren't from Canada, I'd suspect you of being my brother. You didn't just suddenly move & not tell me, did you? wink.gif

Jenny

QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Aug 29 2008, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, if you guys have 200 bucks to spare, the Max Rebo minifigure band could be yours!

http://www.jedidefen...bmaxreboset.php

http://cgi.ebay.com/...Q2em118Q2el1247

Oooh! You are such an enabler!! wink.gif As a kid, my brother got the Max Rebo band figures (the Kenner ones) but didn't like Droopy, so he gave him to me. At first I didn't like him either, but he sort of grew on me. Now he holds a special place in my action figures (cuz I still have him) & that Kub one is so cute!

Maybe one day I'll return the favor to my bro & buy the set, then give him what I don't want -- the rest of the set minus Droopy. smile.gif

#27 Trekker 42

Trekker 42

Live Long and Prosper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (pickle @ Aug 29 2008, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blink.gif

Snaggletooth? Why Snaggletooth? I mean, he was there for all of, what, three seconds?
I've always been a Chewie fan myself, but now my favorite is Darth freakin Vader.
Posted Image

#28 Amazing.JL

Amazing.JL

Back in the office! :)

• 2,527 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:45 PM

Don't have many because they have gotten too expensive. tongue.gif Have almost all the Spidey's, Marvel waves 1 2. Batman boxset, Hugh Jackman Wolverine, and a few others...star wars.

Kurbrick gem I never got, Nightcrawler.
==================================================================
Are You New? Go Through the Posting Training Program. (Click Here)
Are you aware we have a Flea Market Policy? (Click Here)
Looking for something? Try the Search Feature. (Click Here)
We are all here to have a good fun time, don't take comments personal.

==================================================================

#29 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,177 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Amazing.JL @ Aug 30 2008, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've seen him go on eBay (on more than one occasion) for around 10-15 dollars.

#30 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,309 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Aug 31 2008, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Amazing.JL @ Aug 30 2008, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've seen him go on eBay (on more than one occasion) for around 10-15 dollars.

.....but where did he go?

Completism sometimes requires a little legwork rolleyes.gif

#31 ARE-JAY

ARE-JAY

Mini-Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:09 PM

So after what seemed like forever, I FINALLY was able to get the Black Chase from Halo Series 1! Best of all, I won him on Ebay for only $35 =) My collection is finally complete!

<---Click here to go to my Mighty Muggs customs Blog!

#32 Twisted Two-Face

Twisted Two-Face

"You and I remember Budapest VERY differently"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (ARE-JAY @ Sep 19 2008, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So after what seemed like forever, I FINALLY was able to get the Black Chase from Halo Series 1! Best of all, I won him on Ebay for only $35 =) My collection is finally complete!

The clear "camo" (never understood how something clear can be called camo over chameleon... blink.gif ) Is my fav by far in that Master Chief collection. The black is a close second, but how rare is it? My local EB Games may have it in one of those 4-packs, and if it is pretty rare, i may just have to attempt dabbling!!! biggrin.gif

2f03r5z.jpg

WINTER SOLDIER 2012 2013

VICTORY.

#33 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,177 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:35 AM

On a Halo-related note, AFX has the Halo set w/white Spartan for 11 bucks:

http://www.actionfig...m/hakuse24.html

They also have some cheap Minimates in this sale. . .

#34 Mulder

Mulder

Mini-Addicted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:33 PM

I am kinda new to the whole kubrick thing. Until the Lost ones came out the only kubrick I had to this point was Yoda. But since there was so few lost merchandise out there I got a sealed box of Lost Kubricks. But I am starting to like these little guys so much. I am finding myself wanting more. I am wanting to get a Ben to complete my Lost set. And I am also really wanting to get the Universal Monster ones. I don't know how I let them all slip by me.

#35 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,177 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Mulder @ Nov 17 2008, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I am starting to like these little guys so much. I am finding myself wanting more.

You are heading to a very dangerous place with this kind of talk. . .don't say I didn't warn you. I've probably spent $500+ on Kubricks since June or so sad.gif

#36 Mulder

Mulder

Mini-Addicted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Nov 17 2008, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are heading to a very dangerous place with this kind of talk. . .don't say I didn't warn you. I've probably spent $500+ on Kubricks since June or so sad.gif

Wow sounds like you have a nice collection. Do you have photos posted anywhere of your collection? So far I know I want the Universal Monsters and I need to order the Indiana Jones and I would like to get the Planet Of The Apes as well. But I am not going to spend to much on myself till after Christmas. biggrin.gif

#37 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,177 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:40 PM

When I started, I wanted the Alien and Muppets Kubs, and a few Star Wars figures. Now I've got those and a bunch of others. My collection isn't really that big, and is too embarrasingly disorganized to show here right now. I spent so much money because Kubs just get EXPENSIVE. I spent $60 on the chest-exploding Kane (from Alien), $75 or so for the Muppets, $40 for the Toy Story 3 pack, $27 for Boba Fett, $20 each for movie Batman, movie Joker, and movie Catwoman, $100 for the "Early Bird" Star Wars set (Luke, Leia, R2D2, Chewbacca), $20 for Obi Wan Kenobi, $20 for Greedo, $60 for the Lost set, $60 for the Aliens Power Loader set (a couple weeks before I found them on sale for $20 pinch.gif ). . etc etc. Actually, my $500 estimate was probably extremely low. I must have spent well over 1K.

But by no means am I the biggest Kubrick collector around, though. You want to see big collections, go to Kubrick Nation (Kubrick forum). Some of those guys are HARD CORE Kubrick collectors. Even some members here (or at least one wink.gif ) have collections that, I'm sure, mine dwarf in comparison to.

Edited by karamazov80, 17 November 2008 - 06:42 PM.

#38 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,177 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:04 PM

Here is an example of what I am talking about. This is a "sale" price in Kubrick-land, apparently.

Edited by karamazov80, 18 November 2008 - 12:05 PM.

#39 Mystery Man

Mystery Man

RODAN make RODAN RODAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

I like plenty of Kubes that I've seen over the years but they're too expensive to spend money when there are other things I'm more interested in.

I own a full set a couple times over of the Universal Monsters line, though.

#40 Nessex

Nessex

Aaaaand Kang beat Toad. Crushed :(

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,248 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:40 PM

I bought a few Marvel Kubricks . . . i was a bit annoyed when i bought 4 Magneto's in a row. The idea of not seeing what i was getting first & ending up with 4 of the same $15 figure kinda miffed me.

So . . . anyone wanna trade for a Magneto Kubrick?

Current Top 10 Wish List: Spiral; Stryfe; Silver Samurai; GSXM Sunfire; Mojo; Toad; Wasp Enchantress; Strong Guy & Deathbird.
MMMV-CW-Gideon.jpg
Haves/Wants UPDATED October 21st, 2014 (REALLY want a White Funko Pop Phoenix)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users