243 replies to this topic

#41 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

No longer a TRU.com customer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,643 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:19 PM

First of all it's a Kubrick by name & name only. If it didn't have the genre legs it would not be recognisable as a Kubrick. I am not a Star Wars fan which is always 'the contradiction' with my loving of the Kubrick series. This is the equivalent of Black Symbiote Spidey Minimate......delicate simplicity. Just get one!

"..........I've got BHM beat when it comes to Hammers" -  youbastards

#42 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (buttheadsmate @ Jul 16 2008, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First of all it's a Kubrick by name & name only. If it didn't have the genre legs it would not be recognisable as a Kubrick. I am not a Star Wars fan which is always 'the contradiction' with my loving of the Kubrick series. This is the equivalent of Black Symbiote Spidey Minimate......delicate simplicity. Just get one!
I was on the fence about getting the Maul and Qui Gon-'Mates anyway (I didn't like that movie, but I do like Liam Neeson and any guys with evil, red, devil faces and bone spikes sticking out of their heads), so I guess this is the final excuse for me to bite the bullet and buy the basic set of the "new" trilogy Kubs. God help me, as I hated those damn movies (in opposition to you BHM, with a rare exception here or there, I almost exclusively buy figures associated with movies, tv shows, comics, etc. that I like).

#43 bruticus

bruticus

Curmudgeonly old man...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Jul 16 2008, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And regarding the WST Dinos, I would ideally have all of those, too, but they are just too damn pricey. I paid nearly 20 for Grimlock because he is so awesome, and I'm sure that I'll shell it out for the forthcoming WST Shockwave and Wheeljack, but not for the secondary Dinobots.

I've only really got all five because i got lucky with a seller i use regularly and trust 100% on ebay...

Not gonna derail this thread so quickly back on topic tongue.gif

Has anything been mentioned about Kubricks for the new Clone Wars Series ?

Edited by bruticus, 17 July 2008 - 07:14 AM.

#44 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (bruticus @ Jul 17 2008, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anything been mentioned about Kubricks for the new Clone Wars Series ?

Not that I have seen. The most recently announced Star Wars Kubs are the wave 10 figures (from the Revenge of the Sith) and a new 5 pack with holo-Vader, Christmas Special Chewy, a droid I'm not familiar with, Samuel L. Jackson, and a B-Wing Pilot or something. If you are interested in Star Wars Kubrick news, you should check out www.jedidefender.com for the newest news.

New cartoon-based Kubs wouldn't shock me, as this line seems to be a big seller. Personally, though, I would rather see them release more "original trilogy" figures after series 10.

Edited by karamazov80, 17 July 2008 - 07:25 AM.

#45 bruticus

bruticus

Curmudgeonly old man...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Jul 17 2008, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that I have seen. The most recently announced Star Wars Kubs are the wave 10 figures (from the Revenge of the Sith) and a new 5 pack with holo-Vader, Christmas Special Chewy, a droid I'm not familiar with, Samuel L. Jackson, and a B-Wing Pilot or something. If you are interested in Star Wars Kubrick news, you should check out www.jedidefender.com for the newest news.

New cartoon-based Kubs wouldn't shock me, as this line seems to be a big seller. Personally, though, I would rather see them release more "original trilogy" figures after series 10.

Cheers dude buttrock.gif

By the looks of it in the Clone Wars Handbook (PDF) we're getting some new Galactic Heroes based on the new Clone Wars but as yet i haven't seen anything Kubrick based...

And i might have to pick up the Wave 10 figures depending on who's in it...

Edited by bruticus, 17 July 2008 - 02:56 PM.

#46 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (bruticus @ Jul 17 2008, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And i might have to pick up the Wave 10 figures depending on who's in it...

Here they are:

http://www.jedidefen...6-08/kubS10.jpg

#47 bruticus

bruticus

Curmudgeonly old man...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:01 PM

I might have to pick them up then based solely on the fact of General Grievous, Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader and the Phase II Clone Trooper...

#48 Cappy

Cappy

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

Whaaa? Series 10? Some how I completely missed Series 9! I've been scrambling just to keep up with MiniMates and the Kubs just slipped by me. That's a sad state of affairs.

Does some one have a link to Series 9 handy?

And apparently, I'll have to be buying some Series 8 battledroids...

And karamazov80, if you ever find a good deal for two C3POs, I'll share with you. He's at the top of my Kubrick wish list.

Edited by Cappy, 19 July 2008 - 05:42 PM.

You were too busy buying stuff to get anything for free. -- bhm

#49 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Cappy @ Jul 19 2008, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whaaa? Series 10? Some how I completely missed Series 9! I've been scrambling just to keep up with MiniMates and the Kubs just slipped by me. That's a sad state of affairs.

Does some one have a link to Series 9 handy?

And apparently, I'll have to be buying some Series 8 battledroids...

And karamazov80, if you ever find a good deal for two C3POs, I'll share with you. He's at the top of my Kubrick wish list.

Hey Cappy, here is series 9--6 regular figures and 3 chases:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, a certain incredibly generous board member who shall remain anonymous is actually helping me out with my 3PO issue, but if I see one pop up at a reasonable price, I'll let you know for sure. Corndog has one on eBay, but the price is hefty:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...VQQcmdZViewItem

This cartoon version actually seems to pop up a bit more frequently than his regular counterpart:

Edited by karamazov80, 19 July 2008 - 07:00 PM.

#50 Cappy

Cappy

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for the update, Mr K!
You were too busy buying stuff to get anything for free. -- bhm

#51 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:44 AM

Series 10 now up for pre-order from BBTS. I only have one "new trilogy" Kub so far (evil droid), but I might pick up the Emperor, Vader, wookie, and the cool robot guy from this series:

http://www.bigbadtoy...amp;mode=retail

#52 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:34 PM

Recently BHM was discussing the various Boba Fett Kubs in existence. Well, I just saw this, and so, there are apparently many more to come.

Dig the one that looks like the original toy release.

Edited by karamazov80, 28 December 2008 - 03:35 PM.

#53 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,643 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:54 AM

I only collect Minimates ,kubricks & Maschinen Krieger so the broader world of toy-collecting is a mystery to me hence this question:

I have just acquired the rarest Carded version in the Kubrick Star Wars Series, Boba Fett . These carded versions ,I believe, emulate the original Kenner Star Wars Carded versions (70s,80s?) & are definitely not for openers . My Carded Boba Fett has been autographed by the actor Jeremy Bulloch who played Boba Fett in some of the movies. Consequently are autographed boxed toys worth a bit more ,a lot more or maybe less ? Thankyou in advance.

#54 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:37 PM

Just found that Medicom is releasing RAH R2 and 3PO figures, and on the display they include their Kubrick cousins. Could this be a re-release?

Attached File  kubrick_r2c3po.jpg   293.62K   23 downloads

--edit:

oh, crap. This is the best Kubrick news, by far, since Ghostbusters, but I fear the price. Oh lord do I fear the price.

Kubrick Jaba the Hut!!!!!!!!!!

Attached File  kub_jaba.jpg   294.32K   39 downloads

Kubrick At-St (?) Walker vehicle! With figures from the Hoth section of Empire, including Hoth Luke!

Attached File  kub_hoth.jpg   324.08K   45 downloads

Kubrick Return of the Jedi figures

Attached File  kub_jedi.jpg   309.47K   42 downloads

Plus, I see a shiny 400% C-3PO back there!

--edit 2:

After doing some more digging, it appears that these will be some kind of "deluxe" releases, and the larger figures will basically be build-a-figures! Maybe they won't be exorbitantly over-priced exclusives as we have seen way too much of with this line. Take note, DST:

(can't get a link to work, but this story is over at Jedi Defender, the place to go for you Star Wars Kubrick news)

Edited by karamazov80, 21 June 2009 - 06:51 PM.

#55 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:11 AM

Just got confirmation from someone at the PARCO show on Jedi Defender that the R2 and 3PO are to be released as a 2-pack. If any of you want to maximize profits on wave 3 3POs that you might have, now might be a good time to sell with this re-release and the Salacious Crumb versions coming out, probably within the next year or so (though it has been a year since the Ghostbusters were announced with no updates, so no guarantees that these will be released anytime soon. . .).

#56 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

Carded Chewbacca:

http://www.jedidefen...p?topic=19418.0

After years with only the Early Bird Chewy, this is the 4th Chewbacca announced to come out in the next year or so!! Better go sell my regular one on eBay before he becomes worthless. . .

#57 Shanester

Shanester

Jerkface

• Root Admin
  • 10,657 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

That Kubrick AT-ST is cool. Scale is out the window, but that happens in the Kubrick world.

Growing old is inevitable… growing up is optional.

#58 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,643 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Dec 28 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Recently BHM was discussing the various Boba Fett Kubs in existence. Well, I just saw this, and so, there are apparently many more to come.

Dig the one that looks like the original toy release.

These have all been released & having sold virtually everything I own that I can't eat ,drink or drive ..they're on their way. My question is .....What is it with Boba Fett? Why is he the popular character? I have never been much of a Star Wars fan ohmy.gif & I'll add my usual Lucas-friendly disclaimer "but I can understand the movies' popularity".....so please explain "Why Boba Fett"? Please bear in mind I have not even seen all the Star Wars movies.
No agenda,I just want to know. Thanks.

#59 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:54 PM

Honestly, I think it is pretty simple--based on his suit and attitude, he is one of the coolest Star Wars characters around. As with many things, my other friends in high schools weren't into the geeky things that I was, nor was there internet at the time, but I was still really into this character that, as I later found out, thousands upon thousands of others were into, as well. I think there is just an inherent draw to his design and personality. But, I'm not a huge Star Wars geek, so maybe someone else here can bring a different perspective.

#60 jjwspider

jjwspider

Just a minion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:42 PM

As a fan of the Fett, I think it largely comes down to his bad-assery followed by the fact he doesn't have to answer to anyone. After all, this is a guy that Han Solo feared and had the respect of the Empire. In a galaxy based upon the Empire and Republic, being a guy not beholden to either certainly has it's advantages and it's downfalls.

**Note - I cannot speak for other Star Wars fans, only myself......

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users