243 replies to this topic

#241 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,299 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Apart from a couple of 400% items I was up to speed with everything in the Star Wars series including the carded 'Kenner style' promos but when the DX3 series chase secrets went off the scale I made a decision that I've never really regretted ....I didn't buy the secrets. Then escalated into not buying anything from DX4 at all ......I will eventually pick up the basic set but I'm in no hurry.

That decision was extremely hard because I'm an ingrained completist with everything I've collected but I choose lines that aren't ridiculously & insanely expensive .....SW kubricks were never cheap but at one time I could stomach $150 for a 1:96 but when the DX3 & DX4 series arrived they jumped to somewhere between $3-600 .......I'm daft but not that bloody daft.   Having collected them for some years I also felt that the re-sellers were acting like a cartel ,inflating the prices & holding back on the availability of secret figures. Paranoia ?  Perhaps but when you've experienced the re-release of many other once elusive & expensive chase/secrets at a fraction of the original cost then you get a bit wary . 

Suddenly, for example,  this seller finds 3 of a figure that was once non-existent a year or so back  http://www.ebay.com/...=item337f9df5b9

.....whilst this seller still hangs out for the big bucks  http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a7dd9c5ad

I get tempted at times but bollocks to them I'm not playing anymore.

Completism sometimes requires a little legwork rolleyes.gif

#242 Cappy

Cappy

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

A very quick scan shows the cheapest R2-D2 to be the DX Jabba's Barge version:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4d03c2223f

The drink tray obviously detaches, my question is: does the silver spritzer gadget on the top of his head also come off? So one could have a plain-Jane R2?

You were too busy buying stuff to get anything for free. -- bhm

#243 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,174 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Mine is in storage, so I can't say for sure, but I don't think it does.  Looks like the part that pops off the top of his head is sculpted in the position it is in.  So, if you removed it I'm guessing there would just be a hole there.  You could probably modify it so it would look OK if you have some rudimentary custom skills.

#244 Dreadnok Rocksteady

Dreadnok Rocksteady

Mini-Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

I LOVE STAR WARS KUBRICKS! I've got Kubricks from quite  a few different lines, but the Star Wats ones are the best!

I'd love to get that Hammer Head (Momaw Nadon) from the Landspeeder series, just 'cos I love the character and original toy,

but the price for him is INSANE!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users