310 replies to this topic

#301 arnim zola

arnim zola

Minimates Originally Designed Only for Kombat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

So are kubricks actually dead? Also did anyone have any of the LOST line? those look pretty sweet.

My most wanted:

Blackheart

#302 Shanester

Shanester

Jerkface

• Root Admin
  • 11,146 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:51 PM

BHM is the Kubrick expert.  Maybe he can shed some light, but it does seem like they have at least slowed down.

Growing old is inevitable… growing up is optional.

#303 arnim zola

arnim zola

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:04 PM

I just saw some sweet pics of the Losties on pg 13. I didn't know they did a Desmond and Ben, as I haven't seen them on the bay.

My most wanted:

Blackheart

#304 Ninja Mate

Ninja Mate

the Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

I just saw some sweet pics of the Losties on pg 13. I didn't know they did a Desmond and Ben, as I haven't seen them on the bay.

Yeah those are my LOST kubricks. I have all of them except the two chases (Ben and Desmond) and the jack two pack which is easily found. Just havnt got around to buying it. As for Ben and Desmond....well good luck. They rarely come up on eBay and when they do they go for hundreds of dollars. Each.

And as for kubrick collectors here on the forum. There is probably only a very small handful of us. For some figures, I have found better luck on the UK ebay.

I believe the line is dead. But I'm not sure. They are still producing bear bricks. But who wants those? :)

#305 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,224 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:35 PM

The only new Kubricks they've released in a long time have been packaging variants. If not dead then they're at least on extended hiatus.

#306 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,386 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:12 AM

Pretty much dead IMHO but maybe not buried .  

Everything that has been sold over the last couple of years or so are re-packaged, existing items.....notably Star Wars,Disney & DC .

Completism sometimes requires a little legwork..........Shredder requires a little more rolleyes.gif

#307 Shanester

Shanester

Jerkface

• Root Admin
  • 11,146 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:30 AM

Any new release of Tarkin yet? ohmy.png

Growing old is inevitable… growing up is optional.

#308 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,224 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:52 AM

Not that I've seen. Looking at their website, the last announced Star Wars Kub re-releases were from 2013.

#309 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,386 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

Medicom have their own exhibition each year,each year they re-release in a Kenner styled blister-package a 'limited' figure .......this year it was a Jedi Knight Luke . Sam of course is right about the other re-releases & I have long teased you that Tarkin will be one of them eventually . My conspiracy theory has always been that Medicom stock-pile their chases .

Maybe Santa will secretly send you something whistling.gif

Edited by buttheadsmate, 03 December 2014 - 10:13 AM.

Completism sometimes requires a little legwork..........Shredder requires a little more rolleyes.gif

#310 arnim zola

arnim zola

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

I like that minimates started in the shadow of Kubrick and eventually grew into the awesomeness that it is today.

My most wanted:

Blackheart

#311 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,386 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:32 AM

A lazy link to a Star Wars kubrick collection .........  http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1041147/ 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users