UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guns for Mates

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too, I thought it was some kind of contest.

I actually have some of these guns, but I have thinned the handle down on mine so they fit into Minimates hands. Scalewise, they're maybe a tiny bit small, but it's barely noticeable. Most Lego accessories can fit into a Minimate hand as they come, but it damages the hand if you display them like that for a long time.

I think I saw a guy dealing those at Wondercon... at least the gun packs.

I hate to say it, but the terrorists and Nazis are sooooo not PC.

I'm sure the people at the Lego mothership in Europe are not excitied about the prospect of using Lego to recreate WWII.

That being said, I think the guns themselves are great... Colonial marine pulse rifle is a very nice touch as are the PPK pistols and the shotgun. Unfortunately, noe of it works on any of my big Lego project.

I hate to say it, but the terrorists and Nazis are sooooo not PC.

I'm sure the people at the Lego mothership in Europe are not excitied about the prospect of using Lego to recreate WWII.

1945 Berlin .......''Mein gott und himmel, Speer ! You mean that the whole bunker is made from verdamt LEGO !''

''Jawohl mein fuhrer,we bought it off ebay''

'' D-day ?''

Somehow a Lego recreation of WW11 ,to me at least ,seems hilarious enough to rival 'Dad's Army' & 'Alo Alo'.

Oh my God! Dad's Army Minimates.......I am in need :biggrin:

I have some of these, As people have said they work very well, the only thing that is odd is the butt's of the rifles are designed for super short lego arms so that looks a little odd.

I'd shoot ( yay puns!) some pix but someone borrowed my camera...

When I get my camera I get some snaps and post them.

T.

The Lego weapons seem to be of scale, but don't always fit Minimate hands. Some Stikfas weapons seem to work also. Kubrick weapons are nice, but again, don't always fit the Minimate hand.

I was really hoping this was going to be someone wanting to trade guns for minimates. Where's Michael Moore's phone number? :D

Your bloody monkey would be getting some plastic crack then. Didn't someone shoot that damn primate?

1945 Berlin .......''Mein gott und himmel, Speer ! You mean that the whole bunker is made from verdamt LEGO !''

''Jawohl mein fuhrer,we bought it off ebay''

'' D-day ?''

Somehow a Lego recreation of WW11 ,to me at least ,seems hilarious enough to rival 'Dad's Army' & 'Alo Alo'.

Oh my God! Dad's Army Minimates.......I am in need :biggrin:

"You stupid boy..." - that would never happen :biggrin:

Vig

GI Joe rifles are a little oversized for Minimates, but their handguns work well. I use them for various Minimate customs, like my Captain Cold freeze gun.

Here's the site that I ordered my Joe guns from - they're cheap and have excellent customer service.

Marauder "Gun-Runners"

EDIT: Here's a picture of a Minimate with one of the Marauder's handguns - the 9mm auto pistol, if i remember right.

jgsw_three.jpg

I use some smaller of the GIJOE guns and it works when i get time i will post some picks <_<

I just received these today from a dealer on Brick Link, he's a UK dealer, his prices seem decent and he ships to the U.S if anyone is interested.

He also has loads of accessories and other usefull stuff too.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Wattsa

BrickarmsM1911_small.jpg

BrickarmsAK_small.jpg

BrickarmsRPG_small.jpg

BrickarmsM47.jpg

BrickarmsPPK.jpg

BrickarmsPPKT.jpg

BrickarmsSW500.jpg

30141.gif

3835.gif

30173.jpg

I’m planning to use these (below) for a custom chainsaw for my custom Army of Darkness Ash.

6117.gif

2516.gif

I’m really busy with work at the moment and wont get home for a few hours, but if anyone is desperate to see these on a minimate, let me know in this thread and I’ll do my best to get a few picture posted soon.

Please bear in mind, if the handles need to be shaved down... i wont have time to do that now, but i might be able to widen a minimate hand to hold them. It should still give the impression of what they'll all look like.

The first seven that you posted above are from BrickArms. You're probably better off just getting them directly from Will at www.brickarms.com.

I've purchased many guns for my LEGO guys from BrickArms, and they're pretty fantastic. I've never thought to try them with 'Mates. I think the handles might be a little too big, and may be too close to LEGO-style rather than the more detailed MiniMate-style. But I really can't say anything bad about BrickArms. He's currently working on getting his third mold of weapons, so those should be available soon. Included in those are some stun granades, Robocop gun, Halo guns, Bladerunner gun, and few modern guns and one or two older guns.

Will Chapman, who runs the site, comes up with ideas with his young son. He says that before a gun is made, his son has to approve it. He has a custom molder in his garage that he makes prototypes on. Once he's happy with those, he gets a mold made which is used with ABS plastic in mass at an injection facility. It's all a very neat process.

If you're looking for some other stuff, you may also want to see BrickForge (www.brickforge.com). They do a lot of swords and things for LEGO

Cheers for the info... i'll defo want a Blade Runner gun when he's finished it and i'll check out Brickforge too!

The guy i got my guns from is Brickarms authorized dealer for the UK, i went with him so i could get the Axe, Katana and Chainsaw parts too, also i'm from the UK so i guessed shipping would be cheaper.

Regarding the posting of pictures of the guns with minimates... it'll have to wait.

My girlfriend said a small package turned up for me today, so i presumed it was the guns... but alas, it was just a random minimate i got from ebay.

I'm sure they'll turn up Thursday or Friday though.

My girlfriend said a small package turned up for me today, so i presumed it was the guns... but alas, it was just a random minimate i got from ebay.

Hehe... To paraphase...

"Despite his girlfriend telling him it came, Pete was disapointed with his small package"

:D

T.