Photo

LEGO Thread

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#41 Rad

Rad

Thread Necromancy - 15 years in Iso, Creep!

• 3,492 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 06:06 AM

Superb. I'm not a huge fan of Lego figures but these and the Star Wars ones are great.
Cheers for sharing Mattallica.

#42 minivenom

minivenom

Doesn't have enough Magicka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 07:14 AM

I bought that one and the stolen treasure chase or whatever it's called (with the jeep and truck) last weekend. As I started building I was talking to my girlfriend in my best Sean Connery accent and she told me I was warped. smile.gif I'm thinking about going out today to buy the $20 set, and sometime after Christmas I'll get the big set. So much to buy, so little money...

#43 Mattallica

Mattallica

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE (Soylent Bean @ Dec 22 2007, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm so tempted to buy Lego Indy, but all my dough goes to Minimates. Here's hoping they get around to making a Lego Shortround!

Shortie has a figure in one of the other sets pictured in the instruction booklet, there are sets from each movie so there is a Marion fig too. and shortly sets from the forth coming Crystal skull film.
im tempted to get the truck set i always liked that scene and its a cool looking Duece and a half.

buttheadsmate, on 15 Jun 2014 - 02:59, said:snapback.png

...... unfortunately my 2" doesn't match up with 2" anymore leastways the 2" I used to know .

#44 super spider piggy

super spider piggy

Completism sucks!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 08:56 AM

i'm not saying those indiana jones legos are bad, I'm just saying that indiana jones belongs in the minimate universe and johnny thunder belongs in the lego universe ok? wink.gif
Giant image of doom removed!

#45 winkerbean

winkerbean

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 09:34 AM

those motorcycles seem a bit big for the lego men, but might be perfect for minimates, any photo would be cool

#46 Mattallica

Mattallica

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (super spider piggy @ Dec 22 2007, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm not saying those indiana jones legos are bad, I'm just saying that indiana jones belongs in the minimate universe and johnny thunder belongs in the lego universe ok? wink.gif

i was totally just messing around SSPig, biggrin.gif

...... unfortunately my 2" doesn't match up with 2" anymore leastways the 2" I used to know .

#47 Mattallica

Mattallica

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (winkerbean @ Dec 22 2007, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
those motorcycles seem a bit big for the lego men, but might be perfect for minimates, any photo would be cool

Here ya go.....

the second bike is from legos "junior" line a bit bigger and one i've been planning to customize into a hell cycle for my ghost rider Mate for some time now.

#48 winkerbean

winkerbean

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:31 AM

cheers matallica, they look perfect

#49 Mattallica

Mattallica

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (winkerbean @ Dec 22 2007, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cheers matallica, they look perfect

ok so this has inspired me to dig through the ole Lego bins and find suitable parts, im painting now and hope to have my hell cycle done later today, if it turns out alright i may be able to offer a limited amount for sale to anyone interested. -M

#50 super spider piggy

super spider piggy

Completism sucks!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Mattallica @ Dec 22 2007, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (super spider piggy @ Dec 22 2007, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i was totally just messing around SSPig, biggrin.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif lol that was funny

#51 captain_cbecker

captain_cbecker

"... I see nothing, I hear nothing!..."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:48 AM

I was out wrapping up my x-mas shopping of the kids this weekend and happened across the new Indiana Jones Lego sets.

They had four sets including:

A motorcycle w/ sidecar chase fronm Last Crusade that included the Doctors Jones (Indy & Henry Sr.), a checkpoint gate and a badguy on a motorcycle

A truck chase from Raiders of the Lost Ark that included the military truck and staff car

The "Run for your Life there's a big rolling stone ball chasing me" scene from Raiders, which includes (as luck would have it) a big rolling rock ball and the sea plane to fly away in.

The Temple of the Lost Souls set w/ the Ark of the Covenant, Miriam Minifig and plenty of snakes.

These started at about $10 for the motorcycle chase... the biggest ones were probably in the $50 range

Some of the pieces, like altars and statues woul provide good inspiration for some Indy-inspired lego dioramas for minimates.

Check 'em out.

#52 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Be true to yourself... Even if that means being 'normal.'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,502 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:08 AM

I know I'm going to be getting these regardless, but I wonder if they're worth it.
Posted Image

No, he's right -- not making that one character doomed the line. Doomed, I tell you. The minute we left him out of Series 1 a raven flew through our window. And killed an intern.

#53 Cappy

Cappy

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:50 AM

Yep, between the kewl license and the 'Mate possibilities, these are on the "must buy" list. Thanks, Mattallica, for sharing those excellent motorcycle pics.
You were too busy buying stuff to get anything for free. -- bhm

#54 boyd

boyd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:10 PM

Nice shots of the Indy Lego sets can be seen here:

Indiana Jones Legos

Boyd's Minimate Customs - The custom Minimate site that's collecting dust.

#55 Trekker 42

Trekker 42

Live Long and Prosper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:33 PM

So I figured that we have dedicated threads for pretty much everything except LEGO. I thought instead of random threads that a LEGO thread like te Transformers and VideoGame threads would be useful.
Anyway, I thought that anyone who did not know should know that there is a LEGO set out now based off of Star Wars Force Unleashed. It is a ship that I believe may be the SA's ship, but I don't know. It comes with the SA, Battle Damaged Vader, and some person who I don't remember. It was at TRU.
Also, my local Wal Mart had the Battank set marked down to 30 if anyone doesn't have it who wants it.
Posted Image

#56 NightViper

NightViper

Airlock'd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Trekker 42 @ Dec 30 2007, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway, I thought that anyone who did not know should know that there is a LEGO set out now based off of Star Wars Force Unleashed. It is a ship that I believe may be the SA's ship, but I don't know. It comes with the SA, Battle Damaged Vader, and some person who I don't remember. It was at TRU.

The "some other person" is Juno Eclipse.

I'm tempted by the Imperial Transport set, now that I see it comes with a Shadow Trooper. It's too bad they didn't vary up the Troopers even more though. Like a Sandtrooper or Scout Trooper instead of one of the white Storm Troopers.

And I'm hoping for an "Imperial Precession" or similar set so I can get the Imperial Guards cheaply and easily. Maybe with a TIE Fighter Pilot, Scout Trooper and Stormtrooper, so you can recreate the Emperor's landing on the second Death Star.
<iframe style="border:0;height:185px;width:400px" frameborder=0 height=185 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name="Allspark Charity Signature 2012" scrolling=no width=400 src="http://www.allsparkt...unch"></iframe>

#57 super spider piggy

super spider piggy

Completism sucks!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:53 PM

i always liked the classic 1980's lego space sets like blacktron, futuron, and regular classic space.
i also liked johnny thunder and arctic. smile.gif

#58 Trekker 42

Trekker 42

Live Long and Prosper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:05 PM

OK so the real question here is:are they worth getting? i have a target gift card and I am thinking about using it to get te two cheaper sets and I need to knnow if I should get them.
Posted Image

#59 Mystery Man

Mystery Man

RODAN make RODAN RODAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:00 PM

These sets look really neat. I won't buy 'em, though, because I don't have an Indiana Jones minimate!

Still, I like that in the room that holds the Arc of the Covenant... the brick directly above it has the R2-D2 and C-3PO hieroglyph on it. That's pretty funny.

#60 BannersID

BannersID

AVENGER'S ASSEMBLE!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Mystery Man @ Dec 31 2007, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These sets look really neat. I won't buy 'em, though, because I don't have an Indiana Jones minimate!

Still, I like that in the room that holds the Arc of the Covenant... the brick directly above it has the R2-D2 and C-3PO hieroglyph on it. That's pretty funny.

if memory serves you can find the same thing in the movie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users