UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who watches the Watchmen?

karamazov80

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Batman Forever? Lord, I hope not. My expectations are not too high for this one, but I think that, given the director, it should be a fun movie for what it is. The casting, for one, is spot on in my opinion, so that's one thing. We shall see about the rest. . .hurm. . .

--edit: I added a spoiler alert now, so now one will fear having the movie "spoiled," sorry about that one :)

Dear god almighty I'm at school and cannot see these due to the blocker. MUST SEE PICTURES! What scenes are they from?

The two best ones are Rorschach walking down the street, and the newspaper stand. Both look like they were lifted right out of the comic. If the look of these pictures is any indication of the final movie, it should be perfect. :)

This'll be the first time I wear a costume to a movie at a midnight showing.

I'm gonna be Rorshach!

As awesome as that sounds, I'm curious-won't that interfere with actually watching the movie? What with your eyes being covered and all.

This'll be the first time I wear a costume to a movie at a midnight showing.

I'm gonna be Rorshach!

As awesome as that sounds, I'm curious-won't that interfere with actually watching the movie? What with your eyes being covered and all.

Hey, you're right!

Note to self: Make Rorschach mask easy to remove.

Wouldn't it be much easier to go as Dr. Manhattan? All you need is blue paint :)

And that little black speedo-unless you want to have your shrinkage from the outside temp showing. ;)

Wouldn't it be much easier to go as Dr. Manhattan? All you need is blue paint :)

And that little black speedo-unless you want to have your shrinkage from the outside temp showing. ;)

Let's not get into a conversation about sizes... Naw, Rorschach is the best. He's a total badass.

• 2 months later...
You think they will seriously make Minimates out of these? I would love it but I wanted those figures that DC Direct was supposed to make but something with Alan Moore happened

Sadly, I don't think they will, but not for the reason that you are referring to. Though I'm not familiar enough with that situation to know either way, I don't see how Moore could keep figures based on his creations from being made while not being able to stop people from making movies that he doesn't want made with the exact same characters in them.

I actually sort of expect to see figures released for that movie. I mean, how many action movies with colorful characters don't get action figures made nowadays? If you couldn't market and exploit those characters, then it seems like it would be harder to justify all the expenses. . .though admittedly, targeting kids would be a bit difficult for a potentially hard-R Watchmen, and this ain't no Transformers.

But I digress, I was only trying to say that I would be more excited about figures from that movie than previous movies that have spawned Minimates, because they would actually be characters that weren't already released in superior Minimate form (as opposed to most of the X-Men, Spiderman, Hulk, and in my opinion, Iron Man minimates), and would still look pretty comic accurate (based on what I've seen), which, again, can't be said for all the other released or proposed movie-based 'Mates.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay! Thoughts:

Comedian: Nice! A small deviation for some realism, but he still looks great! Love the look on his face.

Nite-Owl: Batman Begins anyone? :D He looks really nice. I like the fact that it's still clearly Nite-Owl, even with the more "practical" appearance. Of course, it was designed for practicality, so it all works. Love the look of Artie too!

Ozymandius: I'd have liked a bit more gold on the outfit. Still a very great Egyptian themed outfit.STORY SPOILER:

A tad evilish though. Hope they don't give that away. That'd piss me off.

Rorschach: Perfect. Damn perfect.

Silk Spectre: Wish she was standing upright. It seems good.

Now why don't we get to see Doc Manhattan?

EDIT: Also, Gerard Butler as the Captain in Marooned. http://watchmencomicmovie.com/022808-watch...rard-butler.php

Looks great! I had to pull the Watchmen TPB out a few days ago and start re-reading it. Last time I read it was the night Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans. I couldn't sleep...

Well, not exactly what I was expecting for the costumes. I was hoping for a more realistic approach rather than the crazy rubbery leather type stuff. Rorschach sticks out like a sore thumb now. Judging by the others, shouldn't he have an armored trench coat?