UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate accesories

To some how make Lego items (i.e. sword, shovel) fit into 'mate hands w/o making the 'mate's hand get really big and snap under the strain? What I really want to know is if there is a way to make, say, a lego sword (whose hilt is too thick to fit) somehow fit without breaking the hilt, by changing it/shrinking it somehow? :confused: I know it's random but I've been wondering for quite some time now. Thanks for any help! ^_^

well and also what about the custom shops such as brick arms and brick armory....

do those fit at all?

i mean i need a few different guns for my mates...

what about the weapons some people are using that arent stock?

are those from gi joes and such?....

lmk...

-Dante

Yeah, I have been wondering about the custom stuff, but I'm pretty sure they're just for Legos. Maybe they can customize it for 'mates?

Plus, I do sometime use the guns and stuff from my Gi's and SW toys but they're usually just the wrong scale completely or just are too small to fit.

The shaving was going to be my suggestion.

The awesome stuff from BrickArms, Little Armory, and BrickForge won't work. Those are designed for minifig hands, so you'd have to modify them as well. Since eacy of those stores are one or two-man operations, I doubt they'd customize them for you. (They'd just do the same thing, since all their stuff is made with injection molding.)

Stikfas accessories may work, though they're likely to be a little big (both in scale and for hands). Playmobil is another line that you could use, but would have to be shaved down. They're good because the Playmo klicky and the MiniMate are somewhat close in height. And if you can use GI Joe stuff, then the Hasbro Star Wars accessories will fit, too, if you need lightsabers or more "futuristic" guns. The 3-inch Pirates of the Caribbean line's accessories would also work if you need that period's accessories.

Just take a hobby knife to the hilt of the sword and shave it down until it fits.

A metal file will also work to shave down an item, although you will then need to re-paint the item, or at least do a touch up job. I totally cheat with my big set of 20 fine-tip Sharpies-they can fit into very small spaces, have a fairly wide range of colors, and are much cheaper and easier than using paint.

An even more blatant cheat is to use earthquack tack or museum putty to simply hold the item in the minimates hand-if you wedge a little bit into the space between and push the item into it, it will hold pretty well for an inexact fit. And if you want to avoid white/grey blobs sticking out, just color the putty with your Sharpies. Thus ends my ghetto customizing instructions.